Is this realistic?

Today has been a crazy long day. :sad2: My husband put his truck in the ditch on his way to work. Thankfully he and the truck are ok.

On the plus side, I did some food prep today and then made a roast for dinner. Now I just need to stick to actually cooking it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
On top of that, you may never be able to completely change how you see yourself. Look at Chiomaca. She still feels like a beginner even after all the races she has run.
I don't have a self-esteem problem when it comes to running - I have a realistic view of where my knowledge and experience are in comparison to others. It's why I've looked for people to coach me or at least give me advice. The more I learn, the better I am. Maybe when my marathon is in the four hour range I'll consider myself an intermediate.

She thanked me for giving her such a nice birthday today, which she never would have done in the past so that's progress. I used my money for her gift because she bought me something for my birthday last fall.

It will all be fine. 6 months ago I had no choice but to stay here. Now I am in a position to leave if I had to. If I gets bad enough I will. If things stay like they are I will just keep saving so I don't struggle when I'm on my own. Plus, I'd rather not get a 1 bedroom apartment with 4 kids which is all I can afford right now.
It's nice that she gave you some recognition. Sometimes when you stand up for yourself, the bullies start to see you differently.

When my parents divorced, part of their deal was not to talk badly about each other in front of us kids. My sister and ex-BIL have a similar agreement, and the rest of us are careful not to say anything bad about her ex around the kids, too. (His family correctly blames him for the divorce, so no bad things said about her on that side.) I can't say all the adults in both cases were/are perfect, but I think it was as healthy as it could be.

Are you going to take the kids with you? If so, then she should be contributing to housing costs in the form of child support. That could get you into a larger place, I would think.

My husband put his truck in the ditch on his way to work. Thankfully he and the truck are ok.
Oh my goodness! I'm glad he's safe. And glad you got some meal prep done. I ordered pizza tonight. Spent an hour outside with the dogs and came in unable to feel my ears or fingertips, despite gloves and a headband. So...warm comfort food.

I'm trying to decide about tomorrow's long run. I'm probably going to skip and and sleep in, then take the dogs out for a run later in the morning. I think they'd enjoy the run and I'd be a sight warmer than I was standing in the field and throwing a ball for an hour.

Not a lot to say for me tonight. I worked all day and then went to the gym. I had to go to the other one that is open 24/7 so it was a longer ride. I did 6.5 miles so I am beat. I didn't do it very fast but I am trying to build my base back up so when the warm weather hits and I can run outside I can start strong. It feels good to be back at it consistently and actually wanting to go to the gym as opposed to dreading it, like I was a few weeks ago.

We are expecting more snow and freezing rain tomorrow night so I may not make it to the gym after work but I will play it by ear depending on the weather and stuff. My feet are hurting after tonight so I may take the day off anyway.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I don't have a self-esteem problem when it comes to running - I have a realistic view of where my knowledge and experience are in comparison to others. It's why I've looked for people to coach me or at least give me advice. The more I learn, the better I am. Maybe when my marathon is in the four hour range I'll consider myself an intermediate.

It's nice that she gave you some recognition. Sometimes when you stand up for yourself, the bullies start to see you differently.

When my parents divorced, part of their deal was not to talk badly about each other in front of us kids. My sister and ex-BIL have a similar agreement, and the rest of us are careful not to say anything bad about her ex around the kids, too. (His family correctly blames him for the divorce, so no bad things said about her on that side.) I can't say all the adults in both cases were/are perfect, but I think it was as healthy as it could be.

Are you going to take the kids with you? If so, then she should be contributing to housing costs in the form of child support. That could get you into a larger place, I would think.

Oh my goodness! I'm glad he's safe. And glad you got some meal prep done. I ordered pizza tonight. Spent an hour outside with the dogs and came in unable to feel my ears or fingertips, despite gloves and a headband. So...warm comfort food.

I'm trying to decide about tomorrow's long run. I'm probably going to skip and and sleep in, then take the dogs out for a run later in the morning. I think they'd enjoy the run and I'd be a sight warmer than I was standing in the field and throwing a ball for an hour.

Somehow this post was not there when I posted mine. I hit submit and yours was there. Weird.

I didn't mean you had a self-esteem problem. I just meant you even see yourself as a beginner even with all the races you have run but you aren't a beginner either.

I accept that my wife will always be selfish and negative, and angry. I wish things were different, but they aren't. It bothers me sometimes but other times I just don't worry about it because I know I need to work on me now and do what it best for me and the kids.

My wife and her family will bash me after the divorce even in front of the kids. I know it. They claim to love my kids so much but they are such angry people that they won't be able to put the kids needs first. Since I have no family I have no such concerns. :teeth::teeth::teeth:

I am hoping we will split the kids 50/50 and that nobody will pay child support, etc... If we end it peacefully like I want, that's what the plan is. If we have to get lawyers I will go for everything I can get and she will be paying child support so I will be able to afford a nicer place.

StayCool- glad to hear your husband is OK. I'm guessing the accident had to do with all the snow?

Chiomaca, how long is the long run scheduled to be?

I was supposed to go to the pool again tonight but I ended up staying at work late. Our computers went down a week ago and the new server finally arrived today and the tech guy was on site all afternoon so I couldn't leave. I didn't feel like cooking so I told my hubby to pick me up and we'd stop and get Thai food on the way home - so yummy :)

StayCool I'm glad to hear your husband is ok - that's scary.

Wow! Not sure what is going on. I had posted again and it's not here! THEN I wrote a long post and lost that in cyberspace .

So, now I have to run again and hope this at least shows up. It'll be my experiment.

It has been slow here for a couple days. Not sure if it is good news or bad. I had to take today off from working out because, well I had to snowblow some more before I went to work. Another 6" of snow. AHHHHHHH! But I was sore from my 6.5 mile run Friday so it was good to recover. I will be back at it tomorrow night though. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Oh, I signed up for a race. The guy at work I got into running told me about a race and said I should run it with him. It's a 10K (which is funny because last year at this time that felt impossible) but it is kinda cool. The finish line is at the 50 yard line at Gillette Stadium (where the Patriots play). We run through the same tunnel the Patriots do. The expo has stuff for the kids and there are Fireworks after the race since it is on 7/3. Maybe the wife will bring the kids so they can have fun and see me finish a race. If not, it will still be fun.

A week from today is March. It is beginning to feel like winter is ending pretty soon. Now I am signing up for races so it is feeling exciting again.

Not a lot to say for me tonight. I worked all day and then went to the gym. I had to go to the other one that is open 24/7 so it was a longer ride. I did 6.5 miles so I am beat. I didn't do it very fast but I am trying to build my base back up so when the warm weather hits and I can run outside I can start strong. It feels good to be back at it consistently and actually wanting to go to the gym as opposed to dreading it, like I was a few weeks ago.
Nice to see your desire to work out returning!

Our computers went down a week ago and the new server finally arrived today and the tech guy was on site all afternoon so I couldn't leave. I didn't feel like cooking so I told my hubby to pick me up and we'd stop and get Thai food on the way home - so yummy :)
Computer pain should always be soothed with Thai food. Or something else yummy. I ordered Thai food last night, too. Not that I had any excuse other than being lazy. But I ordered enough for three dinners, so I'm good for a few days.

Wow! Not sure what is going on. I had posted again and it's not here! THEN I wrote a long post and lost that in cyberspace .

So, now I have to run again and hope this at least shows up. It'll be my experiment.
That stinks. This one worked though!

Oh, I signed up for a race. The guy at work I got into running told me about a race and said I should run it with him. It's a 10K (which is funny because last year at this time that felt impossible) but it is kinda cool. The finish line is at the 50 yard line at Gillette Stadium (where the Patriots play). We run through the same tunnel the Patriots do. The expo has stuff for the kids and there are Fireworks after the race since it is on 7/3. Maybe the wife will bring the kids so they can have fun and see me finish a race. If not, it will still be fun.
That is so cool, on many levels! Is there a Kid's Race associated and could you get any of yours interested in that? I'm also excited that you may have found yourself a running buddy. Maybe you can train together once it gets warmer. It'd be cool if you could work your schedules so that you were able to do that.

I had a tremendously lazy weekend. The long run was on, but the snow started earlier than expected (several hours) so I opted to stay home and avoid the disaster that the city became. Our meet-up spot is in the southern part of Rock Creek Park (if you watch NCIS, that's the beautiful park where they keep finding dead people...) and the parking is on a hill that clogs up with runners cars and I refused to take my rear-wheel drive car up or down that in the snow. I spent the day playing with the dogs while it snowed and curled up reading. Sunday was even worse since the streets were untreated and so were the sidewalks and trails. I need to kick it into gear this week though. I had my annual physical and got immunizations in both arms, so I'll be doing push-ups tonight to work those out. I'll hit up the track on Weds since the snow should be mostly gone by then and then long run Saturday (8 miles) and a 10K Sunday with one of the dogs, so that should get me moving again. I am looking forward to late March when I think it will finally be light enough outside to consider running to work. And more importantly, the road work on my running route has finally ended, so it will be safer. Hooray for new traffic lights!

Nice to see your desire to work out returning!

That is so cool, on many levels! Is there a Kid's Race associated and could you get any of yours interested in that? I'm also excited that you may have found yourself a running buddy. Maybe you can train together once it gets warmer. It'd be cool if you could work your schedules so that you were able to do that.

I had a tremendously lazy weekend. The long run was on, but the snow started earlier than expected (several hours) so I opted to stay home and avoid the disaster that the city became. Our meet-up spot is in the southern part of Rock Creek Park (if you watch NCIS, that's the beautiful park where they keep finding dead people...) and the parking is on a hill that clogs up with runners cars and I refused to take my rear-wheel drive car up or down that in the snow. I spent the day playing with the dogs while it snowed and curled up reading. Sunday was even worse since the streets were untreated and so were the sidewalks and trails. I need to kick it into gear this week though. I had my annual physical and got immunizations in both arms, so I'll be doing push-ups tonight to work those out. I'll hit up the track on Weds since the snow should be mostly gone by then and then long run Saturday (8 miles) and a 10K Sunday with one of the dogs, so that should get me moving again. I am looking forward to late March when I think it will finally be light enough outside to consider running to work. And more importantly, the road work on my running route has finally ended, so it will be safer. Hooray for new traffic lights!

Yeah, it is more stubbornness than anything making me wanting to workout. I am still grouchy but at least I am getting back into my groove. That part feels good.

There are kids races. I don't know if my kids will run as it will mean my wife would have to go too and I don't know if she would do that. I am not a fanatical Patriots fan like many others in the area. I watch them but if I miss a game I'm OK with it. But, it would be cool to say I ran on the same field as a hall of famer like Tom Brady.

Not sure about the running buddy. He gets weird when I talk about my runs. He has such little self esteem that if I even talk about a workout I did he responds with, "Yeah, I know, you are better than me." "I know, I have a long way to go before I catch up to you", etc... I have told him I don't think I am better, it is just fun to have someone to talk about my running with because nobody else I know runs. So, we shall see how that develops.

Sometimes it's OK to have a lazy weekend, especially when it is snowing out. I'm sure you will get back on track very soon. Playing with the dogs in the snow must also change things up too?

I woke up early and did a P90X3 workout, went to work, and then hit the gym after work for 3.4 miles. I wanted to do 5 miles but I was dizzy so I called it quits. My roof is leaking again from the damn ice and tomorrow is supposed to be like -9' and wind chill on top of it and I might have to be on the roof again before work. I am so tired of this winter already. It can be over any day now. My house isn't even that old so this shouldn't be happening.

OH well, off to get some sleep. Have a good night everyone.

Yay! So glad you are feeling a bit better. And that's exciting about signing up for a race. :)

Everyone deserves a lazy weekend now and then. ;) Since you are doing pushups... how is your shoulder feeling?

Yeah, it is more stubbornness than anything making me wanting to workout. I am still grouchy but at least I am getting back into my groove. That part feels good.

Not sure about the running buddy. He gets weird when I talk about my runs. He has such little self esteem that if I even talk about a workout I did he responds with, "Yeah, I know, you are better than me." "I know, I have a long way to go before I catch up to you", etc... I have told him I don't think I am better, it is just fun to have someone to talk about my running with because nobody else I know runs. So, we shall see how that develops.

I woke up early and did a P90X3 workout, went to work, and then hit the gym after work for 3.4 miles. I wanted to do 5 miles but I was dizzy so I called it quits. My roof is leaking again from the damn ice and tomorrow is supposed to be like -9' and wind chill on top of it and I might have to be on the roof again before work. I am so tired of this winter already. It can be over any day now. My house isn't even that old so this shouldn't be happening.

Stubbornness is good sometimes. Your friend is projecting his insecurities onto you. Just keep encouraging him and see what happens.

I hear ya about winter. It was -17 when I left my house this morning. Cmon April!

Ok, I am still here... barely. This weekend was hectic. My stepson turned 16 a week or so ago. He came over for the weekend and we took him out to Red Lobster for his birthday dinner. It was a lot of fun, but there was a ton of food - there plus cake and ice cream at home. :crazy2:

We did bring in the last of the pellets this weekend and my right shoulder is kinda cramped up. So.. I didn't go to Zumba last night. Also I felt exhausted. I don't know what it is about Mondays but I drag all day and just want to sleep. Blah. In 2-3 weeks I will have Mondays off and work Fridays instead so that should be able to break that pattern I hope.

I went to 5 Below which is just a cheap store. It is like the dollar store but everything is $5 or less. I ended up finding a foam roller, those glide things for the floor for core work and a workout journal. I know the roller probably won't hold up but I wanted to see if it worked for me before I spent any more money.

Weigh in was today. Up 1.2 lbs. No surprise there. This winter is killing me. Over the cold and snow for sure. On the plus side, I randomly decided to check my BMI... and I am now just obese. lol I know that some people will not understand that but it is a nice non scale victory to not be in the morbidly obese category any more. :flower1:

Stay warm everyone!

Yay! So glad you are feeling a bit better. And that's exciting about signing up for a race. :)

Stubbornness is good sometimes. Your friend is projecting his insecurities onto you. Just keep encouraging him and see what happens.

I hear ya about winter. It was -17 when I left my house this morning. Cmon April!

I have to sign up for a few more. I have been looking around. I actually found another marathon I would consider running. It is in November and also would be a qualifying race for Boston so if I don't do well I would have this one as a back up. Problem is, it is the same weekend as the Wine and Dine and my two co-workers will be there. So I doubt I can get the time off.

I know he is, which is why it's weird he wanted me to run this 10K with him. But, he is asking me to help pace him so I guess he isn't worried about me beating him.

This is two frigid winters in a row. And now this one with a "Frozen" amounts of snow. I can't wait for April.

I know the roller probably won't hold up but I wanted to see if it worked for me before I spent any more money.

Weigh in was today. Up 1.2 lbs. No surprise there. This winter is killing me. Over the cold and snow for sure. On the plus side, I randomly decided to check my BMI... and I am now just obese. lol I know that some people will not understand that but it is a nice non scale victory to not be in the morbidly obese category any more. :flower1:

Stay warm everyone!

Excellent idea on the cheap foam roller. I did the same thing. My first one didn't hold up but I saw how much it helped my back and legs so I spent the money on two good ones and I use them all the time. I should even use them more but I forget when I get home late and am tired.

I wouldn't worry about the term obese or morbidly obese. Those terms are kinda stupid if you ask me. I was considered morbidly obese at one point but I am built like a football player and carried my weight well so some people didn't even think I was fat, or so they said. My point is, the terms are based on some generic BMI measurements and everyone is different. Most people in this country are either obese or morbidly obese by those standards.

Just keep doing your best and before you know it you will be one of the healthiest people in your circle. I had another co-worker come to me today and say, "Guess where I'm going tomorrow." I said, "Where?". She said, "The gym." It's spreading and the same will happen to you.

No gym for me today. My knee was hurting last night on the treadmill and still was today so I decided to be smart and rest it.

I keep hearing about foam rollers - I should look into getting one.

Went to the pool tonight after missing a couple of days and we had a really good workout. We did 3 on 3 off for 2 then 4 on 3 off for 2 and then 2 and 1 for 3 so we ended up running a total of 20 laps. It's a better workout then I've gotten from any aquafit class. Love it!

Work has been crazy so I'm pretty tired most evenings :(

I did AgilityX yesterday and I am sore today. My ankles and feet are sore. I had today off so I did some errands and went to the gym this morning. I was not feeling it but I went anyway. It wasn't a good run. I was stiff the whole time. Things just wouldn't loosen up. But, I stuck it out and did 4.25 miles.

Back to work tomorrow and I have been going to the gym after work on Friday nights. We'll see how everything is feeling tomorrow. I am planning to do Yoga before work. That always kills me so we will see if the ankles will hold up to it or not.

Dizzy, you should look into a foam roller. A good one works really great. I'm glad you are still loving your workouts.

I ended up finding a foam roller, those glide things for the floor for core work and a workout journal. I know the roller probably won't hold up but I wanted to see if it worked for me before I spent any more money.
Cool! I also did the cheap foam roller first. And I use my dog's tennis balls, too. Gliders for core work can be totally intense!Have you tied them yet?

Everyone deserves a lazy weekend now and then. ;) Since you are doing pushups... how is your shoulder feeling?
turns out the lazy weekend was the precursor to this year's version of the flu. Left work early Weds, didn't go in Thurs and home early again today because I didn't feel as well as I'd thought I did. Blech.

On the plus side, I randomly decided to check my BMI... and I am now just obese. lol I know that some people will not understand that but it is a nice non scale victory to not be in the morbidly obese category any more.
That's a big deal! Are you doing measurements, too? I'll be that's moving more quickly than the scale.

I have to sign up for a few more. I have been looking around. I actually found another marathon I would consider running. It is in November and also would be a qualifying race for Boston so if I don't do well I would have this one as a back up. Problem is, it is the same weekend as the Wine and Dine and my two co-workers will be there. So I doubt I can get the time off.

I know he is, which is why it's weird he wanted me to run this 10K with him. But, he is asking me to help pace him so I guess he isn't worried about me beating him.
How far apart are the Baystate and this other marathon?

Helping pace him is cool - nice request.

Went to the pool tonight after missing a couple of days and we had a really good workout. We did 3 on 3 off for 2 then 4 on 3 off for 2 and then 2 and 1 for 3 so we ended up running a total of 20 laps. It's a better workout then I've gotten from any aquafit class. Love it!
I am so excited for you Dizzy! It's nice to find your "thing" isn't it?

I did AgilityX yesterday and I am sore today. My ankles and feet are sore. I had today off so I did some errands and went to the gym this morning. I was not feeling it but I went anyway. It wasn't a good run. I was stiff the whole time. Things just wouldn't loosen up. But, I stuck it out and did 4.25 miles.
Are you stretching/rolling your calves? That's where I start when I'm having foot/ankle pain. And roll your feet, too.

Anyway...back to bed. I haven't run since I did my treadmill workout on Weds and don't think I'm going to make it to tomorrow's run. Maybe the 10k Sunday.

turns out the lazy weekend was the precursor to this year's version of the flu. Left work early Weds, didn't go in Thurs and home early again today because I didn't feel as well as I'd thought I did. Blech.

How far apart are the Baystate and this other marathon?

Helping pace him is cool - nice request.

Are you stretching/rolling your calves? That's where I start when I'm having foot/ankle pain. And roll your feet, too.

Anyway...back to bed. I haven't run since I did my treadmill workout on Weds and don't think I'm going to make it to tomorrow's run. Maybe the 10k Sunday.

Sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. I knew something had to be up since it has been a couple days since you posted.

The marathons are 3 weeks apart. Assuming I don't get blisters again I think that would be enough time to recover.

I stretch and roll but it is all the tendons and tendonitis that is hurting. It is all around the heel and under the ankle bone. Nothing I could possibly roll and stretching doesn't help. Just moving and getting the blood going helps. Waking up each morning and the first 30 minutes of walking around hurts.

It is the P90X workouts. Those things work as designed. The Agility workout is all kinds of jumping around and having to land on one foot and hold your balance. It a lot of work on the lower legs to hold that balance. A lot of different muscles in the legs I don't use from running are hurting too, along with the lower back. If I can keep up with P90X I think it will be a huge difference in my running times as it will strengthen the areas where I am weakest.

I have my first Saturday off since October. I will be chopping more ice and praying for spring. I didn't workout today so rest the ankles but I plan to do something tomorrow whether it is running or Yoga.

Hope everyone has a good night and feels better, etc...

Hi everyone:)

Sorry I haven't been around too much. I was sick and then was busy getting everything taken care of that I didn't while I was sick!

Dizzyr~your workout sounds fun! I would like to try it but the lazy river at m Y is usually busy! I'm glad you found your thing!

Chiomaca~Feel better soon! This years version of the flu is awful! Glad you're able to take some time off to rest.

Staycool~That is so great that you are now just obese! I get it. I've been working towards just being fat. You're doing great.

Waiting2goback~I can see where your friend is coming from with wanting you to be race with him and being nervous about it at the same time. It's always a little intimidating when someone is more fit than you. It's amazing what a year or so will do. I'm glad you're signing up for races I know for me it keeps me going I would get very lazy without it I think.

As for me I decided to try treadmill running instead of track yesterday. It worked out way better than when I first started running because I can run longer and once I found my pace I was just able to keep going. It wasn't horrible like I remembered :-). After I did my run I decided to try the bike. It's not the peddling that get you it's the sore butt! I guess I'm going to have to get some bike shorts with padding before I sign up for the duthalon.

The marathons are 3 weeks apart. Assuming I don't get blisters again I think that would be enough time to recover.
That could be good or bad, depending on how your training and body do leading up to the first. I think you need to work on a fueling plan, too. Even if it's just a couple of Gus/Shot Bloks/sport beans, you need to find something that will keep your body moving and not cramping up. The blisters are a different issue and could be even worse. But if you figure out what caused them, you should be good.

I stretch and roll but it is all the tendons and tendonitis that is hurting. It is all around the heel and under the ankle bone. Nothing I could possibly roll and stretching doesn't help. Just moving and getting the blood going helps. Waking up each morning and the first 30 minutes of walking around hurts.
Sounds like you might be working on a case on Plantar Fascitis, too. Massaging your foot and up your calves first thing in the morning might help. I have persistent pain in my right heel and that is the only thing besides rest that helps it. A guy at a race expo showed me a spot on the upper calf about an inch or two below the knee that corresponds to foot pain and working on that area has really helped me. I also don't do a whole lot of plyometric movements because my left hip is (still) a bit unstable. I do a lot of single leg squats and deadlifts to help work on that and anything that requires jumping, I do with slightly less impact to lower the chance of re-injuring my hip. (It's got the same problem as my left shoulder - torn labrum.) Does your gym have a rowing machine? The book "Run Less, Run Faster" recommends biking and rowing as good cardio cross-training substitutes as easier on your body while still building cardio capacity. The training plan in the book isn't for me - it's built for much more experienced runners - but I like and use the cross-training recommendations.

Dizzyr~your workout sounds fun! I would like to try it but the lazy river at m Y is usually busy! I'm glad you found your thing!
Now I'm starting to wonder if all the YMCAs have lazy rivers. There's a big one in DC that is within Metro distance and it sounds like a great thing to try. Is the bottom textured so you don't slip?

As for me I decided to try treadmill running instead of track yesterday. It worked out way better than when I first started running because I can run longer and once I found my pace I was just able to keep going. It wasn't horrible like I remembered :-). After I did my run I decided to try the bike. It's not the peddling that get you it's the sore butt! I guess I'm going to have to get some bike shorts with padding before I sign up for the duthalon.
On the treadmill I need distraction - it's the only time I run with music anymore. I think it's great for testing speed work though - you can surge and know exactly how fast you're capable of going. Bike shorts are probably a good idea. I have to admit, that pain is one of the reasons I don't bike long distances...

I'm feeling about the same. The biggest problem is that aside from the first day and a half, I didn't feel too badly. The first day it was so bad I threw up from the pain. Now my stomach is just disgruntled when I move around. I went in to work yesterday and was fine for about two hours and then not so fine. At least I managed to clear out my e-mail!

Waiting2goback~I can see where your friend is coming from with wanting you to be race with him and being nervous about it at the same time. It's always a little intimidating when someone is more fit than you. It's amazing what a year or so will do. I'm glad you're signing up for races I know for me it keeps me going I would get very lazy without it I think.

Sorry to hear you are sick too. I think I am coming down with something too. I have been stuffy all day and I am feeling achy but it could be from chopping at ice for 3 hours this morning.

He is having his aunt and friend run it with him too. She is an experienced runner. She has done a couple runDisney races, she has done the Marine Corps Marathon, etc... But, it should be a fun race and I'll go help him however I can. It will be tough though as my brain tells me I should run as fast as I can once they say go but I won't be able to do that most likely. His friend has never run a race either, he is doing this to help my co-worker.

That could be good or bad, depending on how your training and body do leading up to the first. I think you need to work on a fueling plan, too. Even if it's just a couple of Gus/Shot Bloks/sport beans, you need to find something that will keep your body moving and not cramping up. The blisters are a different issue and could be even worse. But if you figure out what caused them, you should be good.

Sounds like you might be working on a case on Plantar Fascitis, too. Massaging your foot and up your calves first thing in the morning might help. I have persistent pain in my right heel and that is the only thing besides rest that helps it. A guy at a race expo showed me a spot on the upper calf about an inch or two below the knee that corresponds to foot pain and working on that area has really helped me. I also don't do a whole lot of plyometric movements because my left hip is (still) a bit unstable. I do a lot of single leg squats and deadlifts to help work on that and anything that requires jumping, I do with slightly less impact to lower the chance of re-injuring my hip. (It's got the same problem as my left shoulder - torn labrum.) Does your gym have a rowing machine? The book "Run Less, Run Faster" recommends biking and rowing as good cardio cross-training substitutes as easier on your body while still building cardio capacity. The training plan in the book isn't for me - it's built for much more experienced runners - but I like and use the cross-training recommendations.

Bike shorts are probably a good idea. I have to admit, that pain is one of the reasons I don't bike long distances...

I'm feeling about the same. The biggest problem is that aside from the first day and a half, I didn't feel too badly. The first day it was so bad I threw up from the pain. Now my stomach is just disgruntled when I move around. I went in to work yesterday and was fine for about two hours and then not so fine. At least I managed to clear out my e-mail!

You are 100% correct. I was thinking about that today actually. I need a fueling plan. I did Sport Beans last year and I like them. They don't bother my stomach. I think Yoga will help with the cramps. I know I was just tight. I couldn't have been dehydrated. I had been drinking water and eating salty food all week before to pack on the water weight.

The blisters were from walking around the parks for ToT. Then I ran that race on the blisters and made them bigger. So I went into my marathon with blisters that weren't healed so they got bigger. I don't think they will happen again.

Bike shorts might not be needed. It hurts the butt at first but if you do it consistently you won't even notice it after the first week or two.

I have considered hiring Tara Guidus, the runDisney nutritionist. I have not lost anymore weight. I figured I'd have her (if she is reasonably priced) just go through my diet with me and see what I am doing wrong, and then go over my diet and fuel plan for the marathon. I haven't bought anything for myself this year, and unfortunately I have no race trips planned so maybe she will be my big splurge this year. My father/daughter dance is already here next month, I won't even be close to my goal of 200 lbs.

My gym does not have a rowing machine that I have seen at least. I would still love to buy a bike but I have been reading about them more and for what I want my bike to do it will cost me a lot to get a nice bike. I found what looked like a nice one on craigslist today but I searched reviews and they say it is a beginner bike that won't hold up to lots of miles. And that was $450. :scared::scared::sad2::sad2:

As for my feet and ankles. I had the same problem last year and when I was running consistently over the summer the problem went away. It doesn't hurt while I am running either. I do need to do the foam roller more consistently though.

Sorry you aren't getting better yet. Hopefully you will be back to normal in a couple more days.

I did 3 hours on the ladder and roof today. Turns out moving a ladder around in 3' of snow is not so easy so I will count all that work as my workout today. Everyone at work is sick so I am hoping whatever I have coming isn't too bad.

Have a good night everyone.

I wouldn't worry about the term obese or morbidly obese. Those terms are kinda stupid if you ask me. I was considered morbidly obese at one point but I am built like a football player and carried my weight well so some people didn't even think I was fat, or so they said. My point is, the terms are based on some generic BMI measurements and everyone is different. Most people in this country are either obese or morbidly obese by those standards.

I don't think I am hung up on it. It was more of an interesting fact. It has been a long time since I've been here. People don't realize I weigh as much as I do either, thank goodness!

yay for finding something you like! :)

Cool! I also did the cheap foam roller first. And I use my dog's tennis balls, too. Gliders for core work can be totally intense!Have you tied them yet?

That's a big deal! Are you doing measurements, too? I'll be that's moving more quickly than the scale.

I haven't used the gliders yet but it is on my to do list! I do randomly take measurements. It has been a couple of months since my last ones. And my body shape is definitely different even though the scale is slow. But that is my fault. If I really stuck to it I could have lost a lot more weight. Erf.

Hope you are feeling better.

Staycool~That is so great that you are now just obese! I get it. I've been working towards just being fat. You're doing great.

Yeah, I was going to say "I'm only fat" but sometimes that doesn't go over so well. And you can't tell tone on here... I am pretty sarcastic in real life and it gets lost here. lol

Yay for enjoying the treadmill! I hope I can get there some day. I use music and a tv on closed caption to get through. lol

I have considered hiring Tara Guidus, the runDisney nutritionist. I have not lost anymore weight. I figured I'd have her (if she is reasonably priced) just go through my diet with me and see what I am doing wrong, and then go over my diet and fuel plan for the marathon. I haven't bought anything for myself this year, and unfortunately I have no race trips planned so maybe she will be my big splurge this year. My father/daughter dance is already here next month, I won't even be close to my goal of 200 lbs.

Will your medical insurance cover a dietician? If it does, why not try that out first? Although it would be pretty cool to have Tara help. And if you do you need to tell us all about it! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter