• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is This Possible?

Raidra

Mouseketeer
We have a package reservation for January. I'm not sure if we'll be able to make the final payment in November. If we did a room-only reservation, we'd certainly have enough money to pay for everything when we arrive in January. But the package is cheaper than doing it all separately.

Is it possible to also book a room-only reservation, pay the deposit, and just cancel one of the reservations as the 45 day mark approaches? Can I use the package discount on that reservation and the room-only discount on that reservation? Can I have discounts on both reservations?

I'm just worried that if we do need to switch to a room-only reservation and wait until November, what we want won't be available.

Thanks!

I'm a little confused by what you want to do, but to answer what I believe is your main question...yes, you can have multiple reservations and each can have a discount. You cannot combine the discounts from a room-only and a package into 1 reservation. You will need to pay the required deposit for each reservation. A room-only reservation does not need to paid in full before arrival, and can be canceled just days prior to arrival. A package must be paid in full 45 days prior to arrival and you risk a penalty if canceled after that point.

Good luck!

We have a package reservation for January. I'm not sure if we'll be able to make the final payment in November. If we did a room-only reservation, we'd certainly have enough money to pay for everything when we arrive in January. But the package is cheaper than doing it all separately.

Is it possible to also book a room-only reservation, pay the deposit, and just cancel one of the reservations as the 45 day mark approaches? Can I use the package discount on that reservation and the room-only discount on that reservation? Can I have discounts on both reservations?

I'm just worried that if we do need to switch to a room-only reservation and wait until November, what we want won't be available.

Thanks!

You can't have two reservations in the same name, but if you have a SO you could put the r/o res under their name, pay the deposit and use the r/o discount.

Just make sure you cancel the package before the 45 day mark for a refund if necessary and cancel the r/o as soon as possible once you know you'll keep the package so you aren't holding up rooms that other people could book.

Doing it this way is probably unpopular on the boards, but yes, it can be done.

It may help you to keep your current package and reduce the tickets on your package to one-day passes for everyone. You can always upgrade them to length of stay and/or hopper/water park options when you arrive. Hopefully, that will save you enough money to make your 45-day payment date.

It may help you to keep your current package and reduce the tickets on your package to one-day passes for everyone. You can always upgrade them to length of stay and/or hopper/water park options when you arrive. Hopefully, that will save you enough money to make your 45-day payment date.

I feel like a total idiot. That would totally fix the problem. Duh. Thank you so much!

Just wanted to add that if you also have the DDP included in the package, that could be taken off now as well and added back on later, but must be added at least 3 days prior to arrival ;).

Just wanted to add that if you also have the DDP included in the package, that could be taken off now as well and added back on later, but must be added at least 3 days prior to arrival ;).

Well, I do have the package discount that came out today.. I wonder how much I could downgrade it without losing the discount. I don't want to take the tickets and dining plan off completely..

I'll call tomorrow, I've already spent enough time on the phone today. :)

Well, I do have the package discount that came out today.. I wonder how much I could downgrade it without losing the discount. I don't want to take the tickets and dining plan off completely..

I'll call tomorrow, I've already spent enough time on the phone today. :)

If you have the S/P/D package discount you won't be able to remove dining from the package. If you're using the r/o discount you could remove dining and at it back on later.

We ran into this issue last year for a late January trip. They allowed us to pay 30 days before arrival and we had a package booked. Best thing to do is call and talk to a CM. they didn't cancel our trip and we paid on dec 15 and left on jan 21

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter