Is this OK?? Complicated DDP Scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

MermaidMommy

DIS Veteran
I've never used DDP before, but we have a somewhat complicated arrangement and I'd like to get some feedback. I read the new posting rules, and I hope I'm not violating them -- I certainly don't mean to!

DH and my father work together and will be going to Disney World for a convention for 4 nights. DD, my mother, and I will going for a minimum of 7 nights. DH and DF will probably only tour parks 1 day, and will eat their meals at the hotel with the other convention-goers, so they will not need DDP.

Since we girls will be touring and want to do DDP, I guess we need to make our reservations as the 3 of us in one room, and DH and DF as their own reservation in another room. Then, is it OK for us to "room swap" -- DH stays with DD and me, DF stays with DM -- while they're there? And then if we should eat out together, they can pay OOP and we can use DDP? I was just going to discuss it with the CM when I make my ressies, but I'm afraid of getting conflicting information depending on who I talk to. If the only problem is the room swapping, we don't have to do it, but I know the families would prefer to be together. I don't want to break any rules, but it just doesn't seem like the DDP has a lot of flexibility for this kind of issue. :confused3

There are people on this board who will tell you it's wrong for people to sleep in rooms other than the ones for which their registered, but I don't see anything wrong with what you're proposing. We made two trips to Disneyland where ds and I were the only two people listed on the reservation, but dh and dd were there as well (we had AP's, but it was cheaper to buy a package than to get a room only reservation, even with the AP discount). I even called the hotel to explain what we were planning on doing, and they said as long as we didn't exceed the maximum guests per room, it was no problem. And really, what you're proposing is less of a "violation" than what we did. I mean, how many families that have more than one room don't move around during their trips?

Of course, you can only have one credit card per room for room charges, but I'm sure you and your family won't have a problem with reimbursing each other for charges. I think you came up with a great way for everyone to make the best of a business trip. Have fun!

Why would you even ask such a silly question. just do it...dont ask anyone , and do it no one will even care.

I assume you'll be using a convention rate for your hotel rooms. Are you even allowed to purchase MYW Dining with that rate?

Just remember that people from home and fellow convention members may be calling the wrong room. You don't want someone waiting in their hotel room for a phone call that wound up on voice mail at the other room.

MermaidMommy said:
I was just going to discuss it with the CM when I make my ressies, but I'm afraid of getting conflicting information depending on who I talk to.
Your question is actually a very simple question and I'm sure you'll get a straightforward, accurate answer from any CM you talk to.

The mods have asked us not to attempt to give interpretations of the rules of DDP here - primarily because we are likely to give you incorrect information.

I would follow the mods' guidance and call Disney directly and ask them about anything you don't understand in the DDP brochure.

We actually did that last year. There were 5 of us going (2 moms and 3 teen-aged girls). My daughter and I already had our park passes, the other three did not so we made separate package reservations. We were lucky enough to get adjoining rooms, so we moms took one room, the girls had the other.
Trust me, it really doesn't matter who sleeps where. No one checks, or even cares, for that matter. Go , have fun and don't worry! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter