Is this normal to obsess over a cruise that is more than 6 months away?

I have to tell myself that my obsession is normal every day or I might die from the anticipation before I ever set foot on the ship. I lurk on the boards several times a day to keep alive. :)

So funny and so true! I am driving my family nuts! I am so excited and it is now only 85 days away but I have been talking about it for 6 months now!
~Laura~:cool1::thumbsup2

Completely normal around here:thumbsup2 Your in good company!!! Ive been trying to get friends/family to go with us so I could have someone to share the excitement with. Not happening ,so I come here ....the closer it gets to my cruise the more I'm on here.I also can't wait for the brand-new passporter to come(just pre-ordered it).

I'm hoping to book a 2013 cruise when the dates come out, and I'm already checking all the time. So, yep! Definitely normal!

Do not worry....I am not only obessing over our up coming cruise, but we joined DVC last year, so I go back and forth between both forums now.....

It is just plain funny dreaming of your next vacation!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yes. I can't even book our first cruise yet. (Dates have not been released yet.) Plus, we need some luck. Magic needs to stay in Gal in Jan '13. But hear I am. I know I have to go to a Palo brunch and will go by myself if I have to. Also looking at where we may stop. And planning what I want to do.

We have a quick trip to Disney in January for the marathon. All I can think about is our October 2012 cruise. If I could pack for it I would. :lmao:

It may not be "normal" but you are definately not alone.

I booked my Disney Dream 454 days out and have been on this board ever since. Not once,not twice but multiple times a day. Its my "therapy" and its covered by my high deductible insurance plan...LOL!!!

I plan trips, dream trips, and go over details in my mind all the time. The next best thing to planning your own trip is helping to plan somebody else's trip.....

Want some help?????

I used could talk about my Disney excitement at work but there were those who were jealous and began to talk about me behind my back and made my work life difficult. Its not fair when someones' jealousy becomes vindictive.

So here i am... amongst FRIENDS!

Sparkie - so sad people are that way...I just returned to work from my June 3rd sailing. I did not mention it or talk overly about it, but when I got back on Monday (one of the lovelies here) made a comment...oh it muct be nice to have money...well yes it does. No how was it or anything! Just this remark.

But I'm not made of money and neither are most of our DIS friends. We are just hard working people who make sacrifices, work extra shifts and do what we have to so we can enjoy the vacation of our choice.

The particular people who have made me not like my job anymore are the most miserable people I know. They have nothing better to do than pick apart somebody else's life, make snide comments, judge me by how i spend my money, judge me if i think for the most part family comes before job (now I need a job--- but there will be other jobs--- i've only got one family) I am no longer allowed to talk about something that brings me great joy. We can discuss religion and politics without judgment but I cant discuss Disney without feeling eyes cut right through me

So yes, it is sad.

But I'm not made of money and neither are most of our DIS friends. We are just hard working people who make sacrifices, work extra shifts and do what we have to so we can enjoy the vacation of our choice.

The particular people who have made me not like my job anymore are the most miserable people I know. They have nothing better to do than pick apart somebody else's life, make snide comments, judge me by how i spend my money, judge me if i think for the most part family comes before job (now I need a job--- but there will be other jobs--- i've only got one family) I am no longer allowed to talk about something that brings me great joy. We can discuss religion and politics without judgment but I cant discuss Disney without feeling eyes cut right through me

So yes, it is sad.

So sorry about that! I know that people are jealous about it, but why the need to make others feel badly?? Talk about it here all you want to!

I'm so excited! I just booked a Jan. 2012 cruise on the Dream. I'm checking these boards for hours at a time. Does anyone else obsess like this?

Certainly not!

What we've found, is that unfortunately be it a 7/4/3 night cruise they seem go by in the Blink of an Eye ;). But the plannning (e.g. excursions, The Spa), discussing (Palo brunch vs. palo dinner & let's not forget Remys), checking the dis boards (what's the Aqua Duck really like), all of these things make the total experience last a little longer.
At least they do for us..:cool1:

This thread is funny. My husband calls me the DIS Broad because I spend so much time on the Disboards. When I told him about your question he said "that's like asking a crack addict if it's normal to want more crack".

I hope it is normal because I am obsessing and we still have 7 months until our Feb 2012 cruise on the Magic!

Certainly not!

What we've found, is that unfortunately be it a 7/4/3 night cruise they seem go by in the Blink of an Eye ;). But the plannning (e.g. excursions, The Spa), discussing (Palo brunch vs. palo dinner & let's not forget Remys), checking the dis boards (what's the Aqua Duck really like), all of these things make the total experience last a little longer.
At least they do for us..:cool1:

This is so true. It's also why, to my astonishment dh let me book 2011 Panama cruise. Unfortunately April of 2010 dh lost his job of 25 years. Canceling that cruise was hard, we had saved all the money by then, but I couldn't see doing something that extravagant while unemployed.

When my friend heard about our job loss the very first words out of her mouth were, "Well I guess you won't be going on that fancy vacation will you?"

He found a new job and started 1/24/11, just after the cruise pulled into LA.

We need to rebuild our reserves, but part of my mind is plotting our next cruise, maybe 2013? :surfweb:

I can dream. Or you know obsess. :rotfl2:

Katherine

There's a reason we call it O.C.P.D. "Obsessive Compulsive Planning Disorder"

I'm so excited! I just booked a Jan. 2012 cruise on the Dream. I'm checking these boards for hours at a time. Does anyone else obsess like this?

LaLaDisney,

Your not alone at all, I have been obsessing about this for 2 and a bit years. I have even converted my husband he has countdown apps on his iphone, facebook and computer. :woohoo:

We are all Crazy disney planners and we are totally "Normal" lolllllll well we like to think we are. hahahahahaha:lmao:

Keep up the excitement

Jen:love:

I'm on the inaugural/first sailing of the Fantasy for the Eastern Caribbean. Saturday will be 300 days from my cruise and I'm excited, but glad to have on/off trips to Disney to tide me off. I'm leaving a week from tomorrow for the world!

I was totally obsessed with the 2011 Panama cruise as soon as the rumors started leaking out, so I can understand how it can happen.:rotfl:

I'm in the same "boat." I'm totally obsessed with our January 2012 MR cruise. My wife laughs every time I bring it up (which is at least once a day). I think I'm a little extra excited since it's our first cruise, and I've been dying to do a Disney cruise since the Magic and Wonder first started sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter