Is this multiple DAS setup possible?

Wendydagny

Mouseketeer
I am taking a trip this spring that includes my very visibly disabled 9 year old who has always traveled with a DAS, and my 15 yo who has an invisible disability that will qualify her for a DAS as well. We will also have my typical 16 yo with us.

I would like to be able to set up DAS's like this:
DAS #1 in dd9's name that includes all four members of the party
DAS#2 in dd15's name that includes only dd16

Basically I want it to be possible for the two of them to do things alone if needed. Either rides that dd9 can't ride due to height requirement, or if they want to spend time out on their own.

Is that possible as long as they don't have multiple return times at the same time?

I don't know if they would let your 15 year old and 16 year old be on multiple DAS. Would there be a time where your 15 year old would be alone? If not, I would try to get you and your 9 year old on one DAS and your older 2 on a second DAS. If there is a ride that all of you are doing together, you would just get the same time on both DAS.

Yes, you can do that. A given person can only have one DAS return time at once, but he/she can be named on more than one DAS.

Yes, you can do that. A given person can only have one DAS return time at once, but he/she can be named on more than one DAS.
Yes.
This.

Since DAS became electronic and has been put on Magicbands or tickets, guests can be linked to multiple DAS.

When you go to make a DAS Return Time, the CM can see on the screen which guests are linked to that DAS and are eligible to be added to that Return Time.
As the poster I quoted mentioned, a guest can only have one DAS Return Time at a time, so the CM would only be able to add the guests who are not already included in another DAS Return Time.

Thank you.

There is the possibility that the 15 yo would sleep in late at the hotel and meet us later, so it is important that the 16 yo be on both passes. We have no intention of trying to double up return times, just want to be able to work with any combination of our party in the park.

Yes.
This.

Since DAS became electronic and has been put on Magicbands or tickets, guests can be linked to multiple DAS.

When you go to make a DAS Return Time, the CM can see on the screen which guests are linked to that DAS and are eligible to be added to that Return Time.
As the poster I quoted mentioned, a guest can only have one DAS Return Time at a time, so the CM would only be able to add the guests who are not already included in another DAS Return Time.

They could also take the person off the first DAS, couldn't they? Or is that not possible?

I'm thinking that, for the OP, if the 16-year-old was on the five-year-old's DAS Return Time for, say, Pooh, but then the 15-year-old came, the 16-year-old be taken off the Pooh return time and could get a return time for, say, Pirates with the 15-year-old. Or, would they have to wait until the Pooh return time, use it, and then get a time of the 15-year-old's DAS?

They could also take the person off the first DAS, couldn't they? Or is that not possible?

I'm thinking that, for the OP, if the 16-year-old was on the five-year-old's DAS Return Time for, say, Pooh, but then the 15-year-old came, the 16-year-old be taken off the Pooh return time and could get a return time for, say, Pirates with the 15-year-old. Or, would they have to wait until the Pooh return time, use it, and then get a time of the 15-year-old's DAS?
not sure if they can remove individual people.
From what I have seen on the screens when we've gotten a DAS Return Time, it looks like they could edit the way you are asking about.

No one has posted about doing it though, so I don't know (and can't test it, since only our DD has DAS).

not sure if they can remove individual people.
From what I have seen on the screens when we've gotten a DAS Return Time, it looks like they could edit the way you are asking about.

No one has posted about doing it though, so I don't know (and can't test it, since only our DD has DAS).

We've never used multiple DAS (DASes?) either. It just felt like something that might be possible. Maybe someone who has tried can weigh in.

We've never used multiple DAS (DASes?) either. It just felt like something that might be possible. Maybe someone who has tried can weigh in.
people have posted about having more than one DAS holder in their party and how it worked as far as getting Return Times. So, I know that part is possible.

I'm hoping someone can weigh in about the process for cancelling some people on a Return Time so they can be added to a different DAS holder's Return Time. I don't recall anyone ever asking or post game about that particular situation.

people have posted about having more than one DAS holder in their party and how it worked as far as getting Return Times. So, I know that part is possible.

I'm hoping someone can weigh in about the process for cancelling some people on a Return Time so they can be added to a different DAS holder's Return Time. I don't recall anyone ever asking or post game about that particular situation.

If we happen to try that, I will report back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter