is this legit?

PaDisney02

DIS Veteran
Hi! We are thinking of staying off property. I have found some really good/cheap deals that seem to good to be true! On the site vacation rentals dot com, I found many houses that sleep up to 10 people for less then $100 per night. Are these offers legit? That seems really cheap...Im affraid of getting scammed. Any advice? Thanks!

if you can find out where they are - in Clermont or Davenport - that might what the owners have to rent to get their places rented.

that say make sure you are dealing with the real owners.

I've never dealt with this site before, no idea. However, I did get a condo (a decent one) for under $300/wk that slept 8. That's about $50/night. Now, that was late Sept so that's off-season, it was an RCI sell-off I think. So less than $100 night is possible and may not be a scam - depends upon who you're dealing with.

If it's the High Grove development in Clermont, the houses there are very nice. I worked directly with the owner to rent it and a property management company was available if we needed anything. Some of the large villas in that area were in the $70 - $100 per night range. Many of the owners are from the U.K.

My DH and I use to own a villa in Hilton Head SC. We use to rent it out for most of the summer season. I had our villa on VRBO.com. Vacation Rentals By Owners. Please make sure that you are speaking directly to the owner of the property, and make sure that the owner sends you a Contract! I always sent a contract, and made sure that the renters made a copy of it as well. Good luck on your rental!

vacationrentals.com is part of the homeaway family of listing sites. Yes it is very likely that those prices are legit. Price often depends on how far from Disney the home is, closer usually means more, and also the time of year that you're going. There are court and tax records to check once you get the owners name.

I don't know about vacation rentals dot com, but I have used globalresorthomes dot com a few times and they have really great deals. I have even called them and were able to get a better rate than what was posted online. I agree with the above posts, though, that usually the farther away you go from Disney, the cheaper you can get a rental home.

You can check the validity of the ownership and whether all taxes are up to date and if the owners have any outstanding claims against them on the lake county website .These things may help put your mind at ease.To be honest $700 per week in a 5 bed home could mean the owners won't cover costs after taxes and utilities so I would check it all out .

That sounds about right, actually. We just did a 4/3 near Celebration that slept 10 for a total of $72 a night. $100 is the magical number.

This is a big part of the reason that I recommend everyone rent a house instead of staying in a hotel, especially if it is a bigger family or multiple people traveling together. Yes, for $100/night, you can rent a great home that sleeps 10, has a washer/dryer, full kitchen, private screened-in pool, flat screen tvs, entertainment systems, video games, free internet, and more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter