• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is this good enough to get us into the parks?

gonitts

Mouseketeer
I have our passes for the parks in my google pay with a barcode for each of us. Is this good enough to get us into the parks? I didn't want to have to buy magicbands. Do we each need cards or will the google pay barcode suffice? Not quite sure how this works.

Are you staying at a Disney resort? The front desk can give you physical cards that act as a park ticket and room key. I think you can get them at will call too. I never used google pay with park tickets but I had family members have issues using their phone as a park ticket so I would try to get a card to avoid any problems.

Are you staying at a Disney resort? The front desk can give you physical cards that act as a park ticket and room key. I think you can get them at will call too. I never used google pay with park tickets but I had family members have issues using their phone as a park ticket so I would try to get a card to avoid any problems.
No we are not. We are offsite.

No we are not. We are offsite.
I think you can still get a physical card if you go to will call. When I went with a relative of mine they had issues entering the park and scanning into Lightning Lanes using a barcode on their phone.

I have our passes for the parks in my google pay with a barcode for each of us. Is this good enough to get us into the parks? I didn't want to have to buy magicbands. Do we each need cards or will the google pay barcode suffice? Not quite sure how this works.
You can get plastic cards for everyone at any ticket booth or Guest Relations booth before you enter your first park. As above, use them just like MBs - much easier and quicker at park entry as well as LLs. Technically, you could get them at the park entry tapstile too, but that would take a long time and would be very inconsiderate of people behind you.

I would try to get the physical card to eliminate any issues. For my trip we were in the day before we headed to parks, so we went to Disney Springs its a great place to get them at their guest services. Only one person in your party needs to be there, the person with them on their Google Play. There are places at the parks, but that gets hard when your party is itching to get going! lol

I would try to get the physical card to eliminate any issues. For my trip we were in the day before we headed to parks, so we went to Disney Springs its a great place to get them at their guest services. Only one person in your party needs to be there, the person with them on their Google Play. There are places at the parks, but that gets hard when your party is itching to get going! lol
Cool, that was my next question. If there was somewhere at Disney Springs to get them. We may go there the night we arrive. We do Epcot the next day.

You can get cards as others have said. The phones work fine so long as they have tap pay. Most Apple phones have it some older ones did not. Android phones a lot of them but the “lower end“ ones do not. Lower end phones are not slow nor inferior to some of the so called higher end phones they just do not have some features such as tap pay and other things that rarely if ever get used for most. Tap pay is nothing more than a magnetic chip similar to what is found on a credit card although the credit version is a weaker version so it is inserted into a chip reader.

I would suggest the cards too. We saw several families who only had the tickets on a single phone and when it didn't work caused a backup....at both park entry and LL.

There is nothing worse than being on a backed up lightning lane line or backed up entrance turnstile while someone is trying and failing to get their phone to work. Get the cards. They are free and as stated you can get them from any ticket booth before you enter your first park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter