Is this going to be too much food? (BOG related)

princesslover

DIS Veteran
I have decided, after reading the reviews on here and other places, that the lunch at BOG better suits our family.

The problem is the only day I think we can do it is the day I have crystal palace booked for breakfast (pre-park opening at 8:25) and Ohana for dinner at 5:30. I was thrilled to be able to move my Ohana dinner up from 8:20, but now I am wondering if I am going to be able to squeeze in lunch at BOG without over stuffing ourselves. But then again, the whole idea with BOG is the experience, right?

I guess I am wondering about the portions at lunch and if this is too much food in one day. I want to go to Ohana hungry at 5:30. :) I could try for a later time at Ohana, I suppose. But wondering if we will be okay as it is?

I would do Ohana another day if it were our plans. We don't like to do more than 1 TS per day, 2 at the most if they are spread way out. Actually I prob wouldn't even do the early ADR either but that's just me!

I would do Ohana another day if it were our plans. We don't like to do more than 1 TS per day, 2 at the most if they are spread way out. Actually I prob wouldn't even do the early ADR either but that's just me!

We are normally like that as well, but I was thinking that the 8:25 ADR at CP was pretty far apart from 5:30 at Ohana, so I thought we'd be fine in terms of our two TS meals. However, when we eat a big breakfast like that, it normally serves as our lunch too. I'm just wondering about the BOG lunch and if that will completely throw us off for the dinner.

I don't think I could do all three in one day. That's a lot of food! I could easily eat breakfast (particularly a large buffet like CP) and make it to a 5:30 dinner without being hungry.

I would move one of your TS to a different day if you want to do BOG at lunch.

Have a great trip!

I don't think I could do all three in one day. That's a lot of food! I could easily eat breakfast (particularly a large buffet like CP) and make it to a 5:30 dinner without being hungry.

I would move one of your TS to a different day if you want to do BOG at lunch.

Have a great trip!

I agree. We have an 8:10 CP and then dinner at BOG for 5:15. A buffet keeps us pretty satisfied till 3 ish. So we will have a light snack before BOG.

You could always order cupcakes/drinks at BOG just as a snack to hold you over until dinner. That we you still get the experience of being there without the full meal.

When we were at MK in mid-May we only waited about 10 minutes to get in the door at BOG (at 11:15am). We had eaten breakfast at Kona at 7:30am, ordered cupcakes/drinks at BOG for "lunch", then had dinner around 5:30pm.

It should be fine if you just eat light at BOG. Split a sandwich and fries or just have soup. The cupcakes are quite small.

I wouldn't cancel Ohana that's too hard to get! Maybe you can go into BOG around 1 share a sandwich & cupcakes?

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

Agree with others. Keep both CP and Ohana and just use BOG as your tide-me-over snack place. Share soup/sand/cupcakes or whatever hits your fancy. AND if you're on the DDP, I think both the soup and cupcakes are considered snack credits.

I would not do all three in one day that would be way to much food for my family. I would take off CP and BOG that day and just have a snack or small CS for breakfast. You want to be hungry at Ohana. You may be able to do CP for breakfast but I don't think you will eat much at Ohana.

I think doing all three in one day would take away from my enjoyment of Ohana because for us it would be way too much food. After a breakfast at CP and such an early dinner at Ohana we porbably wouldn't do lunch at all.

Keep in mind the time spent eating, not just the ADR time. You'll be done eating breakfast around 9:30p and probably going to want to eat just 2.5-3 hours later for lunch. Then you'll have dinner about the same amount of time later after eating.

Maybe do a BOG lunch time for a cupcake and snack instead of a full meal?

I would cancel CP as it is expensive, and just do an early lunch (like 11am or earlier) at BOG. Then you will be hungry for Ohana. My kids tend to eat more at buffets and are not as hungry later on, so on days we do those, we usually book a very light meal for our other reservation.

In any case, I would do Ohana OR CP, not both on the same day.

Personally I only like to do 1 meal a day. I would definetly keep Ohana, scrap Crystal Palace and do BOG "VERY LITE" as said before, just for the expierence. But it's so hard to pick, isn't it????:)

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the responses. My gut was right (ha ha, pun not intended!) that it would be too much food.

It's good to know I have some options for snack credits.

I am not willing to give up my pre-park opening CP reservation, so that is not an option for us. I do have another option for Ohana on our last day. I have been 'holding' that reservation as well, while I play with things a bit. On that last day, I have a Boma breakfast (it's our AK day) at 9:00 but we have no other lunches planned during the day. The Ohana I have that day is 5:40.

So I am considering keeping the CP, doing the BOG lunch on one day, and doing the Boma Breakfast and Ohana dinner on our last day.

We were really rushed during our Ohana dinner last time, the kids were tired, and we were panicking on getting to the Osborne lights in time. I really want our Ohana experience to be enjoyable this time!

Thanks for the responses!!:goodvibes

What we would normally do when having a buffet breakfast and an earlier dinner is have a light lunch - split an entree or have a soup or something light. However, I agree with aaarcher86, the problem will be the time invested. Since you will have to do a line at BOG, that won't be a quick snack. So, the problem is not so much the amount of food, but the amount of time that you will need in the middle of the day on a day that you are missing RD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter