Is this 'ethical'?

gaudioli

Mouseketeer
We are staying at POR b/c we are a fam of 5 and didn't want to spend the substantial amt of money for a villa in a deluxe. My inlaws are on the fence of coming on the trip which means if they do they would also book a room at POR.

Would it be 'acceptable' to book 2 rooms at WL (w/2 30% discounts) and have my daughter under their reservation ANd sleep in their room instead of 2 rooms w/1 discount at POR ( we don't get any discounts on our room type I tried 2x's so far)

I haven't done the math but if its only a bit more more $$$ would be worth it no? I don't know if that's 'ok' to do tho

I think that would be a great idea and perfectly ethical to do! It's probably what I would do too! Have a great trip!

We are staying at POR b/c we are a fam of 5 and didn't want to spend the substantial amt of money for a villa in a deluxe. My inlaws are on the fence of coming on the trip which means if they do they would also book a room at POR.

Would it be 'acceptable' to book 2 rooms at WL (w/2 30% discounts) and have my daughter under their reservation ANd sleep in their room instead of 2 rooms w/1 discount at POR ( we don't get any discounts on our room type I tried 2x's so far)

I haven't done the math but if its only a bit more more $$$ would be worth it no? I don't know if that's 'ok' to do tho

There is nothing wrong with that. It would only be wrong if you put your DD on your in laws reservation but she slept with you thus putting you over the room limit. But you aren't trying to do that so you are good.

How could this 'possibly' be a problem?

They would be booking a room with 3 people - you with 4 people, right?
Relationships to each other does not matter - she would be on their ressie and sleep there! Have a great trip! :goodvibes

What's unethical about it? You're not going over room capacity.

People mix and match their party all the time.

Ok I thought it was acceptable but thanks for the confirmation! Lets see how this works out!

Our last two trips we have put one of our three boys in the room with the GPs. The kids then take turns sleeping in the room. Everyone wants in GP's room since they get their own bed. LOL
If you are doing ME and on different flights, that does get a little tricky but is doable.

so I called Disney and just as I expected...2 rooms at WL (bunk bed garden view) is cheaper then 2 rooms (one to accommodate 5 and another regular room).

$1,100 cheaper no less...guess my inlaws are coming whether they like it or not! hahahahaha :)

WL is awesome and you'll love it!!

If you are still interested in POR, check out Orbitz, they have discounted rooms (WDW's 20% off) available. Plus you can get another 20% off using DISCOVER.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter