• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is This Doable/Worth It?

musicmantrs

Mouseketeer
We're taking a quick trip to Europe starting August 30 and will be in Paris for 2 nights September 6 and September 7. Originally we ruled out DLP but now my wife brought up trying to go. We're taking a sleeper train to Paris on the night of the 5th and get to Paris EST at 9:24 AM. We're traveling with other family that can handle our luggage. From what I can gather we'd have to go to a nearby Metro Station and take the RER A to DLP in about 30 minutes.

Best case we could get there by 10:30. We're going to Notre Dame and have to meet at Metro Station Cite at 3:30. I think we would need to leave by at least 2:30. My question is 2 fold: is this a realistic timeline? Also, is this worth it? We love WDW and DL and would really like to visit the park. The day we would be there is a Saturday.

Hello,

It would be tight! But worth it if you don't have high expectations of getting much done - I'd do it just to see our castle! Which train station does your sleeper train arrive into?

Do you mean Gare de l'est? That station to DLP should take around 50 minutes. DLP to Notre Dame takes around 45 minutes.

I am not sure if I would make the trip or not. You would not have much time to visit, although I guess you could just choose maybe 1 or 2 attractions that are unique to DLP to look at and spend the rest of the time just looking around and taking in the atmosphere. IMHO, the castle at Paris is the most beautiful (I have been to WDW and DL and have seen those) but would the cost of entry just for a few hours be worth it?

A few years ago I had a stop over in Hong Kong on the way to Australia. I debated going to Disneyland HK as I really want to go there. However, I decided not to in the end as I didn't want a quick visit to not do justice to the park and for me to have a bad impression of it.

I use this interactive map to help me plan my routes and journey times around the metro. Hope it helps: http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php?lang=uk

Thanks for the help. This is kind of what I was leaning toward. As much as I'd like to it seems like travel would take longer than enjoyment.

I'd maybe just go for lunch at cafe mickey in the village and a wander round shops. For me personally I wouldn't waste money on passes if I wasn't getting full days. Not worth it for 4 hours

That's a good idea and you will still get a taste for it. A long time ago before my DH was my DH we happened to be in Paris and I convinced him to ride out to DLP to have dinner in the village and do some shopping (this was before I converted him to the ways of DLP!) we had a cocktail in the Disneyland hotel and from the corridors you can get a glimpse of the castle.

Maybe you could do that followed by lunch in Cafe Mickey like nl's mummy suggested?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter