Is this correct? Point out my flaws in my plan please : )

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
I am planning to do a solo visit for one day before a cruise and hope you all can give feedback debating on site vs. off site and the plan as well did I screw up something? Planning Disney now requires soooo much planning!

I'm going Thursday December 14 on a party day so it looks like MK is open 9-6 for me and then Epcot is open 9-9:30pm. I have a hopper ticket and a ressie for MK.

OFF Site Plan:
+If I stay off site, buy Genie + starting a midnight or wait until I wake up around 6:30am.
+7am try use to use Genie+ to book Jungle Cruise (heard it is Jingle cruise?), Space Mountain or Big Thunder whichever has the earliest return time.
+7am try to do VQ for Tron.
+Breakfast at hotel 7:15am.
+Take uber over at 7:35am to TTC
+ Arrive TTC at 8am and then take monorail or ferry (is that too early or will they run that early or should I go earlier?)
+ At the gates by 8:30am after going through bag control.
+ Any guess if gates open earlier than 9am for off site guests?
+ At 9am go straight into the park and since Fantasyland and Tomorrowland were already open for on site guests maybe try for Frontierland like Jungle cruise, Pirates, etc. Also, buy a LL for Tron at 9am if I didn't get it earlier. Buy a Guardian LL for early evening like 7pm. Try to reserve Moana on VQ.
+Ride whatever my Genie+ ride ASAP and get any one of them that has the earliest return time. Continue with this strategy and refresh as needed to get whatever I can get. Without kiddos I am willing to zig zag more than I would usually.
+ Lunch at Columbia Harbour House
+ Standby Space, Big Thunder, Winnie the Pooh, Tea cups and Buzz if I haven't been able to get Genie+. These are important to me.
+Around 3pm try to get a Genie+ for Soarin, Remy or Journey. whatever I get get) Skipping Test Track because I will go single rider.
+Around 4:30/5pm leave Mk and head to Epcot. (think the party people can come in at 4pm so figure I need to hop) Try to request Guardians but not likely free and still should have a LL that I booked earlier.
+Try to ride whatever genie + and try to get Spaceship, Living with Land, Journey (skipping Frozen because it will likely be sold out)
I do not care about Turtle Talk, Frozen, Mission Space.
By 6pm is it likely any Genie + will even be left?
+ Wander around and enjoy hearing the Christmas processional but no seats and no real show. Eat/drink/ enjoy. If possible, stay until the park closes and go in the Remy line about 30 minutes before park closes.
+Done by 10pm and uber home.

ON Site Plan with Drury Inn 30 minutes early:
+If I stay on site at Drury Inn, buy Genie + starting a midnight or wait until I wake up around 6:30am.
+7am try use to use Genie+ to book Jungle Cruise (heard it is Jingle cruise?), Space Mountain or Big Thunder whichever has the earliest return time.
+Breakfast at hotel 7:15am and then take uber to TTC (Drury has a shuttle but I think the 1st MK shuttle leaves at 8am which not sure I want to go that late)
+ Arrive TTC at 7:35am and then take monorail or ferry (is that too early or will they run that early or should I go earlier?) Not sure where they will drop off.
+ At the gates by 8:00am after going through bag control.
+ Any guess if gates open earlier than 8:30am for guests with the 30 minutes earlier benefit?
+ At 8:30am go straight to Space Mountain, Astro-orbitor and then rush to the Adventureland side for when it opens? Try for a VQ for Tron at 9am, if not buy a LL for Tron. Buy a Guardian LL for early evening like 7pm. Try to reserve Moana on VQ.
+Ride whatever my Genie+ ride ASAP and get any one of them that has the earliest return time. Continue with this strategy and refresh as needed to get whatever I can get.
+ Standby Space, Big Thunder, Winnie the Pooh, Tea cups and Buzz if I haven't been able to get Genie+. These are important to me.
+Around 3pm try to get a Genie+ for Soarin, Remy or Journey. whatever I get get) Skipping Test Track because I will go single riders.
+Around 5pm leave Mk and head to Epcot. Try to request Guardians with VQ but not likely free and still should have a LL that I booked earlier.
+Try to ride whatever genie + and try to get Spaceship, Living with Land, Journey (skipping Frozen because it will likely be sold out)
I do not care about Turtle Talk, Mission Space.
+ Wander around and enjoy hearing the Christmas processional but no seats and no real show. Eat/drink/ enjoy. If possible, stay until the park closes and go in the Remy line about 30 minutes before park closes.
+Done by 10pm and shuttle to Drury.

Any thoughts? I figure I will be exhausted but it's only limited by me, no kiddos! I am not driving, relying on uber or shuttle.

Jenn

I am planning to do a solo visit for one day before a cruise and hope you all can give feedback debating on site vs. off site and the plan as well did I screw up something? Planning Disney now requires soooo much planning!

I'm going Thursday December 14 on a party day so it looks like MK is open 9-6 for me and then Epcot is open 9-9:30pm. I have a hopper ticket and a ressie for MK.

OFF Site Plan:
+If I stay off site, buy Genie + starting a midnight or wait until I wake up around 6:30am.
+Breakfast at hotel 7:15am.
+Take uber over at 7:35am to TTC
+ Arrive TTC at 8am and then take monorail or ferry (is that too early or will they run that early or should I go earlier?)
+ At the gates by 8:30am after going through bag control.
+ Any guess if gates open earlier than 9am for off site guests?
+ At 9am go straight into the park and since Fantasyland and Tomorrowland were already open for on site guests maybe try for Frontierland like Jungle cruise, Pirates, etc. Also, buy a LL for Tron at 9am if I didn't get it earlier. Buy a Guardian LL for early evening like 7pm. Try to reserve Moana on VQ.
+Ride whatever my Genie+ ride ASAP and get any one of them that has the earliest return time. Continue with this strategy and refresh as needed to get whatever I can get. Without kiddos I am willing to zig zag more than I would usually.
+Around 3pm try to get a Genie+ for Soarin, Remy or Journey. whatever I get get) Skipping Test Track because I will go single rider.
+Around 4:30/5pm leave Mk and head to Epcot. (think the party people can come in at 4pm so figure I need to hop) Try to request Guardians but not likely free and still should have a LL that I booked earlier.
I do not care about Turtle Talk, Frozen, Mission Space.
+Done by 10pm and uber home.

ON Site Plan with Drury Inn 30 minutes early:
+If I stay on site at Drury Inn, buy Genie + starting a midnight or wait until I wake up around 6:30am.
+Breakfast at hotel 7:15am and then take uber to TTC (Drury has a shuttle but I think the 1st MK shuttle leaves at 8am which not sure I want to go that late)
+ Arrive TTC at 7:35am and then take monorail or ferry (is that too early or will they run that early or should I go earlier?) Not sure where they will drop off.
+ At the gates by 8:00am after going through bag control.
+ Any guess if gates open earlier than 8:30am for guests with the 30 minutes earlier benefit?
+ At 8:30am go straight to Space Mountain, Astro-orbitor and then rush to the Adventureland side for when it opens? Try for a VQ for Tron at 9am, if not buy a LL for Tron. Buy a Guardian LL for early evening like 7pm. Try to reserve Moana on VQ.
+Ride whatever my Genie+ ride ASAP and get any one of them that has the earliest return time. Continue with this strategy and refresh as needed to get whatever I can get.
+Around 3pm try to get a Genie+ for Soarin, Remy or Journey. whatever I get get) Skipping Test Track because I will go single riders.
+Around 5pm leave Mk and head to Epcot. Try to request Guardians with VQ but not likely free and still should have a LL that I booked earlier.
I do not care about Turtle Talk, Mission Space.
+Done by 10pm and shuttle to Drury.

Any thoughts? I figure I will be exhausted but it's only limited by me, no kiddos! I am not driving, relying on uber or shuttle.

Jenn
Very jealous. Sounds like fun.

Seems pretty well thought out. I guess you just need to decide if you want that extra 30 mins @ rope drop. That will make the on- vs off-site decision for you.

The entry gates will be opened well before the times you’ve outlined, so no worries there. You could even get to MK earlier if you wanted to.

If I were going, I'd have lunch at Skipper Canteen instead of Columbia Harbor House. I didn't see any other issues.

A few random thoughts:

if you only have one day, I’d do the ILL for Tron if you can. The virtual queue lines can take long.

For your 7 am LL, I would just choose which your first ride will be now rather than see which has the earliest return time when you go to book. Unless it’s changed recently, at exactly 7 the screen doesn’t show you return times until you click a particular ride. So you’d have to click into each ride to see the return time and by the time you pick which one you want the earlier time likely will be gone. I would just pick one, book whatever time you get, and modify if needed.

For MK, the main gates open earlier than early entry (I’m not sure how early - maybe someone else knows) and people line up for EE by Fantasyland or Tomorrowland. You scan in for EE access before going to one of the bridges.

For Journey do you mean Figment or Moana? I believe Moana is a VQ. Figment likely won’t sell out.

Remy might be sold out by 3 but if you really want it you can keep refreshing and something will likely pop up. Same for Frozen.

Did I really not make lots of mistakes? Were my times right for Genie + and LL? If I am going to make the effort of paying for the on site then I want to be there when it opens. I wish the Drury ran their shuttles earlier and more often. I will try to ask and see what people say about when the gates trully open. I'd rather be there for opening than closing if I chose the Drury option. I love Skippers and have had it a few times, but I don't want to spend the time on that day for it. I will be able to go with my son around Dec 27/28th and we will go then. Need more breaks with him...

A few random thoughts:

if you only have one day, I’d do the ILL for Tron if you can. The virtual queue lines can take long.

For your 7 am LL, I would just choose which your first ride will be now rather than see which has the earliest return time when you go to book. Unless it’s changed recently, at exactly 7 the screen doesn’t show you return times until you click a particular ride. So you’d have to click into each ride to see the return time and by the time you pick which one you want the earlier time likely will be gone. I would just pick one, book whatever time you get, and modify if needed.

For MK, the main gates open earlier than early entry (I’m not sure how early - maybe someone else knows) and people line up for EE by Fantasyland or Tomorrowland. You scan in for EE access before going to one of the bridges.

For Journey do you mean Figment or Moana? I believe Moana is a VQ. Figment likely won’t sell out.

Remy might be sold out by 3 but if you really want it you can keep refreshing and something will likely pop up. Same for Frozen.
That's a bummer if Genie doesn't show the soonest return times... I thought if there was a VQ line for Tron it wouldn't be long, but if that's the case then I'll LL it. All the other times I go to MK I am with family so at least I am paying for only 1 person! I meant Genie+ for Journey. I am shocked to think there might be some Genie opens at Epcot. That would be fabulous. I considered staying at MK and then leave at 6 but I think I would rather enjoy wandering at Epcot. With the Christmas decor it sounds lovely.

If I were going, I'd have lunch at Skipper Canteen instead of Columbia Harbor House. I didn't see any other issues.
I love Skipper's and will go later in the trip but afrraid to spend time. Last time I went it seemed to take 45 minutes for our meal, just entree and drinks. I do love their sangria!

Very jealous. Sounds like fun.

Seems pretty well thought out. I guess you just need to decide if you want that extra 30 mins @ rope drop. That will make the on- vs off-site decision for you.

The entry gates will be opened well before the times you’ve outlined, so no worries there. You could even get to MK earlier if you wanted to.
It will be my first trip in more than 25 years without kids! I love going to Disney with them or going with my parents, but usually needed to either be in a group with a wheelchair or stroller. Then, if I went with just 1 kid even an older kid needed to gear my visit towards them, so it is liberating to do this. Hope I can figure it out and make it happen. Still lots of pieces to figure out....

That's a bummer if Genie doesn't show the soonest return times... I thought if there was a VQ line for Tron it wouldn't be long, but if that's the case then I'll LL it. All the other times I go to MK I am with family so at least I am paying for only 1 person! I meant Genie+ for Journey. I am shocked to think there might be some Genie opens at Epcot. That would be fabulous. I considered staying at MK and then leave at 6 but I think I would rather enjoy wandering at Epcot. With the Christmas decor it sounds lovely.
Just to clarify - it’s only first thing in the morning when Genie+ doesn’t show available times for all rides in the tip board. Under each ride it will say something like “check availability” and once you click that you’ll see the return time. Tip board will start showing return times without having to click the ride later in the morning, I think around 7:15-7:30 but not totally sure.

I agree with aronny. Don't go looking for return times when booking your first Genie+ at 7:00. Just book the one you've picked beforehand. Later, you can look to modify to another ride with an earlier return time, but you'll probably be happy with the time you first booked.

The VQ for Moana is only at certain times (no set schedule) and you can't join until after you've entered Epcot.

At 6:00, Genie+ at Epcot should be available for everything except Test Track, Frozen Ever After, and Remy, maybe Soarin'.

Last edited:
Will Moana be a VQ for a while? Or is this expected to become a Genie+ option soon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter