Is this acceptable or considered cutting in line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just pray i'm not around most of you during my vacations to Disney. I've always been about the give and take. Sometimes I have to give "allowing someone back in line" and sometimes I take "someone allows me back in line." It's sort of like driving in bad traffic. i can see most of you on here would speed up and cut me off saying i shouldn't be allowed to merge into traffic without having to wait.

Have a nice day and just remember the Golden Rule sometimes...

you said it all...

My kids will be/have been taught that they should empathize with someone who has waited in line for an extended period of time and then suddenly had to go to the restroom. The right thing to do would be to politely allow them back to their original position without judgement. Nothing is cut and dry and usually involves a sense of fairplay. It all depends on what lesson you are trying to teach.

I like this one.. .very good!! :thumbsup2

I do feel so much better knowing they're are so many people that follow ALL the rules... or maybe just the convenient ones... :rotfl:

"Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."
I am talking about engineering.

Disney must spend millions on designing complex lines for their rides. Kali River Rapids is another great example.

Logic is, that it allows guest to enjoy looking at the displays, get in the mood, and prevents people who cheat from thinking it will be easy.

Disney doesn't want to send out staff to confront the guest who cut the line...so they use smart design and engineering to try and stop those who have the "me first attitude"

I think Disney is doing a good job to make it harder for people who think- holding space in line while someone else rides another ride, gets soda's, or runs and gets fastpasses... is not a problem, while other families get in line together when they are ready to ride and play by the rules

This is the thread that never eeends! It goes on and on my friends....

Wow...this thread is still going? Excellent...good job! :thumbsup2

It just shows that decent discussions can take place on the DIS.
;)

It's wrong. It's not an emergency (like someone in your party suddenly starts to bleed or a toddler about to pee him/herself-- in which case the exiting and re-entering people have waited with the party for the majority of the time). It's a way to make your way through the park faster by getting in line and sending someone else for FP's. Get your FP's first, then get in line for something else.

This would not be acceptable at any major amusement park. Now normally, I am not on the Bad Behavior Call-Out Council like the people who care so.very.much about reusing refillable mugs or pool-hopping. To be honest, I could really care less because those things don't affect me or my experience all that much. Are they wrong? Maybe, but as I've said... they don't disrupt my experience.

But seriously, we go to WDW in the hottest and busiest part of the year-- summer. And if you think the other hundreds of people in line and I won't be bugged by this, you're wrong. It's hot, sweaty, and heck, I'd love to hop out to get FP's, go to the bathroom, get a Mickey bar, etc. But I don't, because it's wrong. Again, I'd be a lot quicker to turn a blind eye to a parent with a small child crying to use the potty than I would for some people looking to get on and off rides quicker.

Ouch that hurts!! :rotfl:

Are you trying to change the topic?

Funny... but when you state a good reason why line cutting is wrong (or place holding)... and then someone else responds to everything but your main point... I wonder if they are trying to change the topic?

On all new Disney Rides, Disney and the Imagineers have made it impossible to see or find your party to re-join. (Toy Story Mania is a prefect example).

Disney is against people moving through the lines. Because one "cutter" negatively effects so many (No matter how slightly.) who didn't have to cut.

So they change rooms, and use all kind of tricks to stop guest from thinking they can catch-up to their party.

Has anyone else noticed that lines on new rides are more complex, with lots of blind rooms? Want to talk about the reasons for that?

Are you trying to change the topic?

Funny... but when you state a good reason why line cutting is wrong (or place holding)... and then someone else responds to everything but your main point... I wonder if they are trying to change the topic?

On all new Disney Rides. Disney and the imagineers have made it impossible to see or find your party to re-join. (Toy Story Mania is a prefect example).

Disney is against people moving through the lines. Because one "cutter" negatively effects so many (No matter how slightly.) who didn't have to cut.

So they change rooms, and use all kind of tricks to stop guest from thinking they can catch-up to their party.

Has anyone else noticed that lines on new rides are more complex, with lots of blind rooms? Want to talk about the reasons for that?

I believe Disney's main goal is to improve flow and hide the line queues to improve the ride appearance or should i say aesthetics. I don't think reducing "line cutting" is anywhere near the top for their list.

I'm really amazed that this post is still going.

I'm sorry if this question started arguments as that was not the intention.

Thank you to all for responding with your thoughts on this subject. As I have never been to WDW I just did not know if this was 'standard' practice and something that was accepted or not. Personally, I would think it was considered cutting, but HEY - if it was standard practice, then I would know ahead of time so I wouldnt get upset or miss out on an opportunity myself.

I have to agree, that since I'm travelling with children I will make sure that all of them go to the restroom before entering an attraction or any long lines. Since I am travelling with a 13 month old, I can only hope that while waiting for an attraction she doesn't have to go to the bathroom and stink up the place :rotfl:
If that does happen, I would hope that if we are already far enough in line, that the others around me, or the CM would not mind if I stepped away to change a dirty diaper. I would assume it would be in everyones best interest for me to do so, rather than have everyone subjected to the smell (and of course I would never leave my child in a dirty diaper no matter what the case). I would hate to have my whole family step out of line and have to be forced to wait another hour or so just because I had to change a dirty diaper.
That being said - again, thank you for your input on the topic!

Smile - we are talking about Disney World - the happiest place on earth! :banana:

This thread has gone way beyond the topic of the original post, so we're closing it here.

Seacrest out.

44916428.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter