"Is This A Ride"? Our Disney Honeymoon Adventure 5/16-5/24

So here it is: the last day of our Disneymoon! The details are a little fuzzy (especially when it comes to the timeline), so I apologize if anything seems a little off.

So the morning started out just fine. We packed up our things, checked our bags in, and checked out of the hotel. Here are a couple last pictures of our room.

225-1.jpg

227.jpg

After we checked out, we headed over to HS. The plan was to get there at park opening and get on TSM. But we took a little longer than we intended and ended up at the park about 45 minutes after it opened. When we got to TSM, the line was an hour and a half long, and the fast passes were being distributed for the late afternoon :scared1:. We had to be back to the hotel for Magical Express early that afternoon, so we decided to skip it. No Toy Story on this trip :sad2:.

We checked out the wait times for everything else and decided to hop over to Epcot instead. The crowds were just too high at HS.

We were going to go by boat but World Showcase wasn't opened yet, so we had to take the bus. After a very short bus ride, we arrived at Epcot.

Our first stop was test track. The line was a bit long, so we grabbed some fastpasses for test track (the distribution time was only an hour or so later).

We went shopping at Mouse Gears after that. I bought a "just married" pin (the metal kind, not the free buttons). I think I bought something else, too, but I can't remember.

Then we wandered around world showcase. We still had two QS credits to use and two snack credits. Josh and I split another thing of nachos (no pictures this time, sorry). After that, we went to Germany for one last stop at the caramel store. I got a bag of caramel corn and a caramel rice crispy treat. Here is a photo of the crispy treat:

236-1.jpg

While we were in Germany we saw a large group of ducks. After looking at them closer, I realized it was a bunch of "babies" with their mom! When I approached them, they started to walk off in a line, like they would if they were tiny babies. Here are some photos of the baby ducks.

228-1.jpg

The mom is the slightly larger one third from the front. The other ducks had shorter, stubbier wings and fluffier feathers. They also chirped like ducklings.

231.jpg

233.jpg

Mom and one of her babies.

We were running out of time. We decided we would try to grab a QS meal at the hotel before we left. We were, after all, planning on leaving the park a whole hour and a half before ME was supposed to come. Our hotel was only a 15 minute bus ride away. What could go wrong?

We went on test track and enjoyed that last ride. The fast pass line was a little longer than we expected, so we started heading towards the buses a little later than I would have liked. But we still had plenty of time. We had over an hour until our ME was supposed to come. We thought the max that we would have to wait was maybe 30 minutes (we never waited more than 20 minutes for a bus to show). But we were wrong.

Bus after bus for other resorts passed us. I finally got frustrated and called the bus dispatch. The lady said "what do you mean the bus didn't show up?" There were supposed to be two buses for POR in the time period that we were waiting. For some reason, the bus didn't show. And dispatch had no idea where the bus was. I called the hotel and let them know what was going on. They said they could get us on the next ME bus, and told us not to worry. Well, after waiting for over an hour a bus for POR finally showed up.

When we got to the hotel, we went to the front desk. We had just barely missed our original ME bus. The CM told us that we wouldn't be able to get on the next ME bus, but that he would find a way to get us to the airport on time. He went into the back room for a few minutes, then appeared with a taxi voucher. He had called a taxi for us, and Disney was paying for it. Whew!

We had a few minutes before the taxi got there. So Josh went to get our carry on bags and I went to use our last QS credit. I got a muffeleta sandwich with chips and a magic cookie bar. I didn't have time to eat it, so I had them package it up to go.

Soon after I got my sandwich, the taxi arrived. We loaded our stuff up and headed to the airport. We arrived with plenty of time to spare. So we sat outside the security checkpoint and finished our last Disney meal together. Here is a photo of my yummy sandwich on my lap at the airport.

394-1.jpg

We had a pretty uneventful flight on the way back. They had trouble getting the little TV's on the back of the chairs to work our flight from GA to WA. About halfway through the flight, they fixed the screens and made all of the movies free (normally you have to pay for them)! So we had a pretty enjoyable flight home. No more drama for the rest of the evening. My cat was pretty happy to see us, but that was about it for our excitement the rest of the night.

And that is the end of our Disneymoon! We had an amazing time and we can't wait to go back in January! I will post my final thoughts on the trip in just a bit.

I hate those last days. That is totally unacceptable for a bus wait. :scared1:

I'm glad the resort made right and gave you a cab voucher.

Your sandwich looks really good.

Oh...and great photos.

I caught up with your trip report right at the end :sad2: It looks like you guys had a great time and it's awesome that you made your hubby a Disney convert! :goodvibes I can't believe how many animals you saw on your trip! The most we have ever seen is a bird and a couple of the tiny lizards. We're staying at POR our next trip though so I'm hoping to see a lot more.

great pictures!

I hate those last days. That is totally unacceptable for a bus wait. :scared1:

I'm glad the resort made right and gave you a cab voucher.

Your sandwich looks really good.

Oh...and great photos.

That sandwich was amazing! I thought the bus wait was a bit much. But at least Disney made up for it. As my husband put it, "When The Mouse finds out you are not happy, he fixes it"!:lmao:

I caught up with your trip report right at the end :sad2: It looks like you guys had a great time and it's awesome that you made your hubby a Disney convert! :goodvibes I can't believe how many animals you saw on your trip! The most we have ever seen is a bird and a couple of the tiny lizards. We're staying at POR our next trip though so I'm hoping to see a lot more.

I love all the little critters! I can't wait to see what we can find next time. You should try looking over rails while you are waiting for rides like Haunted Mansion or while you are walking over bridges. There are almost always little critters in the water by Cinderella's Castle, and lizards by the Haunted Mansion.

It's sad the trip is over. Weird situation with the buses.

I know. I am so sad our honeymoon TR is over. But it helps that I have a new trip to look forward to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter