Is this a mistake?

sunshine1010

sunshine1010
I am going to the official Universal/Orlando website (www.universalorlando.com).

I click on ANNUAL PASSES (top right)

It gives prices of 1,2,3,4 Park to Park, and 1,2,3,4 One Park tickets, but I'm looking for the AP cost. On the right, it gives a few links. One of them is for FL RESIDENT AP tickets. I'm don't live in FL...but there is NOT a link for NON FL RESIDENT AP's.

So, I go back to the main page on www.universalorlando.com

I now click on TICKETS (also near the top right)

I click on ANNUAL PASS

First thing that pops up is under the title FL RESIDENT AP

So, I look to the right and there is a link for NON FL RESIDENT AP and I click on that

It takes me to a page that is correctly titled NON FL RESIDENT AP. I look at the choices. I choose one and click on the bottom where it says DETAILS to get details re: this choice.

It immediately directs me to the page that says FL RESIDENT AP.

Oooookay. I had to do some investigating. Found out that they changed things around in August 2011. They now offer Non FL residents a choice called The Power Pass which USED to be only available for FL residents. THAT'S why the website would bump me back to the FL resident screen.

They need to fix that on the website. If I hadn't have done my investigating...I would still be confused.

keep chattering and someone will come along and start chatting too....:laughing:

leave the thread like it is.

someone else may have had trouble trying to get the same info you just found.

if you really want the thread deleted, click on the red triangle to the left of the box.

moderators receive messages directly.

you can make a request you want to have the thread deleted that you started.

Good idea.

They do need to fix it though...because since it's still under the FL resident category...it's giving the rate for that. When, in reality, the rate is higher for non FL residents.

Good idea.

They do need to fix it though...because since it's still under the FL resident category...it's giving the rate for that. When, in reality, the rate is higher for non FL residents.

Good catch! You should write into Universal Guest Services and let them know:

http://www.visitorsatisfaction.com

By the way, you probably already know this but just in case, remember that the Power Pass doesn't include parking. So, if you have a car and you go more than 5 times during the year, you basically will pay the difference between a Power Pass and a Preferred.

I will definitely contact them and let them know.

I will be staying onsite and even though we stay onsite and I STILL have to pay for parking AT THE HOTEL (that's crazy in my neck of the woods). So, regardless of who stays where...........we ALL have to pay for the stinkin' parking. LOL

Just curious....how much is parking at the parks? I'm wondering the comparison from the park parking vs the hotel parking. lol

stay at a downtown chicago hotel some night.
$45 parking fee per night....

sunshine - just curious..did you end up ordering at the FL rate? Think it will say that on the pass and you will need to pay difference or something when you get it?
I happen to catch the thread you had about the tickets and thought the tip about buying the AP for the hotel discount was great. I think I will wait until the ap rate comes out and then if I can get it order one....
So that is why I am curious....so I know what to expect as well....I am an over planner!!!!!

sunshine - just curious..did you end up ordering at the FL rate? Think it will say that on the pass and you will need to pay difference or something when you get it?
I happen to catch the thread you had about the tickets and thought the tip about buying the AP for the hotel discount was great. I think I will wait until the ap rate comes out and then if I can get it order one....
So that is why I am curious....so I know what to expect as well....I am an over planner!!!!!

I think the OP noticed the problem with the *power pass*. That one doesn't give you discounts, so it's not what you'll want, if you get the AP discount on the hotel. You'll want the Preferred or Premier for the discounts.

OP, it must be changing. When I go to the website and click on Annual Pass, the page I'm on shows this on the right side:

Additional Links

Non-Florida Resident Annual Passes

Florida Resident Tickets

The non-FL takes me here, which shows the right info. It gives the price of 189.99 for the Power Pass, which is more than is shown for FL residents on the page for them.

Seems things were in flux when you were looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter