Is this a good time to buy airfare?

AshlandDad

Earning My Ears
I'm new (both to DIS and to WDW). I've found airline fares from Minneapolis to Orlando for
mid-February for $211 per person. Is that a decent price, or do most of you expect that
prices will drop in the next few months.
Thanks.

That price will drop, unless you are flying on Feb. 18, 2002 (Pres. Day). Never seem to be able to get a cheap flight (or a frequent flyer flight) out of MSP on that date. AirTran ( www.airtran.com ) and Sun Country ( www.suncountry.com ) will usually run a sale closer to Feb. and Northwest often matches. You do have to be diligent at checking fares as the sales come and go often.

AshlandDad - I just booked Delta today at $146.25. We have to make one stop in Atlanta. I would keep checking everyday. I think $146.25 is a great price out of MSP. Never have I got it so low. NW is still $506.00 for the same times. I like Sun Country, but not there times and I have never seen them under $200.00. One option we used last year is Champion Air, they are a charter and we really liked them. We paid $234.00 last year. By the way, we are not going until May 2002 so keep checking everyday. Yesterday the same flight was $266.50.

I just noticed today that Delta has some great prices out there. Check them out.

We fly out of Duluth, since we don't like to drive to Mpls. We normally go to WDW during President's week, since my wife is a teacher and has that week off.

We have never had a great deal of luck finding low fares during President's week. If you travel the week before, you can find cheaper prices. Of course, flying out of Duluth does cost more then Mpls, but the price difference in the past has only been $ 30 - $ 45 per ticket. With only my wife and I going, this wouldn't pay to drive down, eat dinner, and maybe have to stay in a hotel.

I have been using WWW.QIXO.COM to compare airfare prices on the web and it works great!!

Good Luck,

Caverill - thanks for the QIXO.com website! I haven't heard of that one before. I tried it, and loved it. It lists Southwest Airlines along with several other airlines that most fare hunters don't list. Thanks again for sharing great info.:D

Caverill
Thanks for the tip about President's week. I'll check to see when that is and try to avoid it. We tend not to fly out of Duluth because of the extra cost, although it is a lot more convenient. I'll check to Duluth to Orlando fares periodically, and see if it makes sense for us.

Thanks again.

Caverill...thank you from me as well for that QIXO website...It is a really great tool for comparing flights...I had also never heard of it!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter