• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is This A Good Price?

cruisedis05

Mouseketeer
:confused: I booked a land/sea DIS trip. I wanted to know if this lookes like a good price. I'm useing AAA So here is my trip.
4adults, 4kids we are doing 5 nites at PO/4 nite cruise. We have 2 rooms and 2 secret porthole cabins. The price includes everything including transfers. tax all that fun stuff. but not air. $13,567.70 is the total price does this sound good for 8people on a 9 nite trip?

Hi there cruisedis05
I can't really tell, based on what category cabin you reserved. But I can give you my data and you can compare for yourself. For our Land/Sea vacation (next July) we are paying for two adults and one child and have a category 6 (Veranda) . We are only
spending 3 nights at the Beach CLub and our total (including
taxes and insurance) without airfare is 4352.00 I did find out that an extra night at our hotel would cost 275.00

Alot depends on when you are cruising and what category
rooms you have selected. We also used AAA, have used them for the past two cruises and thought they had the best deals. Hope this helps.

We are going 4 days land and 3 days sea Feb.22-29. For 2 adults 3 kids. We are staying at the Polynesian and have a cat.4 family suite with veranda. Total cost, no air; 4,859. No insurance. This was through a TA. Hope this helps.:sunny:

I know it cannot really be compared as we are staying offsite. But your package sounds expensive to me. We live in UK and have put a package together for Oct. I have booked return flights UK to MCO, 14 nights@ 3* hotel(maingate), 7 nights Disney western cruise(Secret Porthole cabin) 14 days car hire fully inclusive. All this for the same cost per head $1700 as your package.
Wayne

That seems like way to much money. I just looked up a 4 night cruise in two cat 6's for 8 adults and the price is only $6000.00. That still leaves $7000 for the Disney stay.

So overall I would say you should shop around some more.

Cruisedis05 how about the date....

Sounds like alot to me also.....

try booking it seperate just the resort stay....
and then the cruise portion

the package maybe very convienant but more expensive....

I do like the secret porthole rooms....

I think it is July but not sure??????

Did some checking at the place mentioned above
the cruise was about $6000.00
and transportation to get u from mco to Disney resort and then to the port and then back to Mco .If u go with a 8 passenger van from towncar service will cost u about 250.00 Total Disney charges about 65.00 per person......
Disney four day passes r $200.00 each for total of 1600.00
so then that Brings us up to $7850.00 Ok so then u want to stay at PO. u can get that for 150.00 per night adding another $1300. 00 to the total .. so just over 9000.00 I think u can do better should be able to do the whole trip air included for that money we Love southwest Airlines

peter

the trick is to get the secret porthole rooms
peter

We are flying out of Chicago March 19 for a 7 day vacation. Our cruise cost a total of $4100 for 8 of us ( 2 adults 6 kids) and that includes insurance. This was for category 11...2 cabins. I got the airfare through the Spirit air webiste.... Total of $1452. I booked the hotel through Hotwire and got 2 rooms at Amerisuites (includes breakfast) near the airport for $43 a night each. Rental van that seats 8 cost another $200 for 2 days before and 1 day after cruise. I still have to book the one night after cruise hotel. So far I am at a total of $5924. WE are only going for 7 days however, and I have not added in food for those days off the ship. I think you can do MUCH better planning it yourself. I also booked a year in advance with the cruise line and the price has gone up more than double!!! I was very lucky that our spring break falls In March, those prices seem to be a lot lower. Good luck!!!!! and most of all have fun!!! Melissa

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. I did some checking on DIS site and they gave me a BIG difference in price. So I checked with my TA, she called DIS and they made a mistake with the price. They said because we booked so early the prices got mixed. So today I saved @$5000 on our trip!!! So if you booked real early you may want to check on your price.

Great job getting the discount!!! I am so glad we could help! Sounds like you got a great deal now!!! Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter