is this a good idea?

Swilcox

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are planning a Disney trip for October. We are thinking about spending one full day at Universal and then going to HHN on a different day. It will be our first time at Universal.

I am looking into the 1 day/2 park non-exclusive VIP tour for our full day. Has anyone done this? What did you think of it? Would it be good for 2 first timers?

I mean, if you want to really make sure you get what you want done, maybe? But you also have to worry about what the other people in the group will want to do. I'm not sure if they do by what the majority wants or if they try to make sure everyone gets at least part of what they want done. Really though, if you get to the park at opening and focus on your "must do" attractions, you should be able to without throwing money at a tour. Depending when in October, you may not even need to worry about express either.

The non private day tour decisions are made by the tour guide
I recently read about the rides that group went on and most were fine with the ride choices
but a couple weren't keen for doing coasters
The private day tours decisions are made by the person that booked the tour

I lean towards Robbie's advice he's been there enough and knows the parks well
Have a plan and go early

I've never been to HHN but from reading many reports around the internet, I'd spend the money first on express passes or VIP tour to HHN before spending the money on the VIP park tour. With a good plan you can see the highlights of both parks in 1 day. From what I understand, getting through all the houses, scare zones, and shows at HHN with home form of help (express pass, VIP tour, stay and scream) is almost impossible.

I've never been to HHN but from reading many reports around the internet, I'd spend the money first on express passes or VIP tour to HHN before spending the money on the VIP park tour. With a good plan you can see the highlights of both parks in 1 day. From what I understand, getting through all the houses, scare zones, and shows at HHN with home form of help (express pass, VIP tour, stay and scream) is almost impossible.

I agree.........Express Pass for horror nights is worth its weight in gold.........wouldn't do HHN without it........

I agree.........Express Pass for horror nights is worth its weight in gold.........wouldn't do HHN without it........

The last time I went, I didn't even need it for two of the days. I mean I still used it, but barely, lol.

The last time I went, I didn't even need it for two of the days. I mean I still used it, but barely, lol.

We're the same with our hotel EP......even if there's 10 people in the regular queue......we'll still use EP.......:D

I like having the ep
Going solo to the parks I usually use the SRL most of the time but if the line is long, I hit the ep line

Will not visit without onsite EP. I don't care if it's holiday packed or offseason dead. To us it's not just EP but to be able to walk over to the parks for a few and enjoy without rush. I don't have to get into my car the whole time either. Great resorts to stay at and truly a relaxing getaway. All these things are worth the price than staying offsite with the normal rat race.

I'd love to stay with EP, but it's double the cost of CB, so that's a no

Robbie, it is worth going to the parks no matter where a person stays.
i know some of the hotels are costly and i'm glad that universal has hotels that are more affordable for singles and families.
it's great that Cbay has early entry!

if transportation is not an issue, staying off site works fine for many.

the years i took all my kids, i did off site and on site hotels.
when you have 5 in your group, the costs add up fast.

So the 2 park tour is about $350pp.

As an alternative, I would consider the 2 park unlimited Express Pass for about $129pp (maybe less) AND a VIP tour for HHN ~$170pp (based on what I paid last year - that was including taxes). I thought the VIP tour for HHN was worth every penny for getting through the crowds and seeing pretty much everything in one night. I am certain I would not have made it though all of the houses on my own, even with EP. With an express pass and a little planning to decide what you want to do, you can get through the parks pretty efficiently on your own during a normal crowd day.

ETA: For the record, I had friends who did the VIP tour this year and said it was worth it. They said they would never do the parks without it, so it really is a preference thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter