Is this a dumb thing to do?

LondensMiMi

Mouseketeer
We plan to rope drop MK on a low crowd day. It is a Tuesday and the only day of the week we can see Fantasmic...so we lucked up and finally found a Fantasmic dinner package for that Tuesday, but it is at 2pm. We won't want to stay at HS that afternoon because it will be a high crowd day. If we keep the ADR, we would just finish up at MK and head to HS for a late lunch only. We will want to go back to the hotel to rest and freshen up before coming back to HS that evening in time for Fantasmic. Should we just forgo Fantasmic altogether so we don't have to change venues so often that day?

Should we just forgo Fantasmic altogether so we don't have to change venues so often that day?

As long as you plan for long enough travel time between locations, you'll be fine.

I, personally, love Fantasmic!, and would make the effort to see it, but everyones' tastes are different.

If you are staying at one of the EPCOT area hotels, it would work out okay. But if getting around takes too long, you may want to rethink it.
But why not just skip the dinner package and take your chances with seats at Fantasmic? If it is a high crowd day, there may be two shows...

Question - have you seen Fantasmic before?

If yes - I say forego the dining package and just go to Fantasmic in the evening without the package.

If no - I say keep the package and make it work.

Personally, you would have to claw my eyes out with eagle talons for me to miss Fantasmic, but I have also NEVER used a Fantasmic dining package to see it. I have never had a problem getting seats and never had to wait more than 1/2 an hour. But, I also go during mid-low crowd times, never peak times.

If there are 2 Fantasmic showings that day - go to the later one - you will get seats with no problem and no dining package.

I think it depends on where you're staying, what the age range is of your party, what kind of transportation you are using, etc.

Even if it is a high crowd day, you could do some fun things, just not the headliner things. See Beauty and the Beast, meet some characters, see Muppet 3D and Voyage of the Little Mermaid, check out the HISTK playground if you have kids. If you aren't trying to rush to the big things, you might get to enjoy the smaller ones that you normally miss.

Thanks. We have never seen Fantasmic...there are only two shows that week and only one per night. HS is a "park to avoid" that day which is why we will spend the morning at MK, but HS is only about a 6/10 crowd level. We will be driving from parking area to parking area and staying at POP and at a condo very very close to AK. The condo is supposedly only a five minute drive to MK entrance. We have the POP in addition to the condo because we got such and good deal...dining, free parking, and Kids stay and play free for our almost 8 year old...we will just use it for resting times in the afternoons. I'm not sure of travel times to and from the parks and from park to park, but we do want to drive and not use Disney transportation for most of the time. Hoping that will make travel times faster...oh, and we will have the AAA diamond parking pass that gets a better parking spot so that should speed things up a bit, right? Our main concern for this day, is wasting too much precious time moving around and being forced to stay on a schedule. What do you think we should do?

We plan to rope drop MK on a low crowd day. It is a Tuesday and the only day of the week we can see Fantasmic...so we lucked up and finally found a Fantasmic dinner package for that Tuesday, but it is at 2pm. We won't want to stay at HS that afternoon because it will be a high crowd day. If we keep the ADR, we would just finish up at MK and head to HS for a late lunch only. We will want to go back to the hotel to rest and freshen up before coming back to HS that evening in time for Fantasmic. Should we just forgo Fantasmic altogether so we don't have to change venues so often that day?

Dumb is in the eye of the beholder - if you want to do it well do it and I wouldn't worry about what other's might do.

Have fun and go for it.

I would either plan to stay at the park and do more minor attractions (6/10 is not bad at all) or I would just come in time to get in line for F! and skip the package. I think you will find all the running back and forth to be a hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter