Is there still a list of food sharing ideas?

MakinMagicforBunky

Mouseketeer
Haven't been to the DIS since our last trip almost 3 years ago. Decided to jump on the new deal yesterday, so it's planning time!

I seem to remember there being a great list of places that had meals big enough to share, like Cosmic Ray's ribs and chicken basket for example.

I opted to skip the dining plan this time because I'd like to not focus on food the whole time and worry about reservations, etc. We'll be doing mostly CS with maybe a breakfast at Ohana's because it was our favorite!

It's just my 8yo and I, and we both eat several small meals a day as opposed to huge meals, so sharing bigger CS meals should work well. (besides, I'm watching what I eat, so sharing the calories is a good idea too!, lol)

Thanks!

We never get any dining plan, to us it's not worth the money or time plus knowing 100 days out where we'll be, would want to eat and where, just isn't what our trip to Disney is about. We do a grocery stop in route and pick up sandwich fixing, snacks and drinks and enjoy pool picnics alot over restaurant food but we share most meals. Just about any meal at Disney is quite large, counter service on up, wife and I can easily split a hamburger basket and be full, you name it, we share it. Gives us more room to try alot of different meals and delicious snacks. Table service is hardly enough to feed one person for a huge fee so we don't partake of them except Yachtmans Steakhouse. For some fantastic buffet, about the cheapest on property and good american cuisine. Trail's End in FW is the place. Not alot of frills but great atmosphere, not alot of people great choices and a place to get away from the hustling noise and crowds.

Thanks...we got in on a frig swap (thanks again!!) and I'm already planning my grocery list for Gardengrocer (and we don't travel until the end of January!) :rotfl: so we'll have some meals in our room. Last time we went, we didn't even have a frig, but managed to eat breakfast in the room (breakfast cookies and applesauce cups, fresh fruit when we got it) and were fine with it. I packed a softside cooler and checked it as baggage and it was perfect.

I'm all saving money and eating healthy with some yummy splurges...my son loves the chicken penne alfredo in Pop's food court out of all things! Easy to please!

For some fantastic buffet, about the cheapest on property and good american cuisine. Trail's End in FW is the place. Not alot of frills but great atmosphere, not alot of people great choices and a place to get away from the hustling noise and crowds.

Not sure if you know, but the Trail's End buffet has chnaged. It is now soup of the day, chili, salad bar and sandwich fixin's. 12.99

This isn't a CS, but your DS would probably love Sci-fi. We ate there a couple weeks ago for lunch. My DH & I shared a burger meal, & we had more than enough. The server brought it out of the kitchen already divided into 2 plates. Granted, my DH eats more than I, so I cut my 1/2 in 2 leaving me 1/4 of a burger. With that, I still left full. We did order a side of onion rings for 4 of us to share, but we would have had plenty w/o them. Just a thought for a fun, & reasonably priced TS you may want to consider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter