Is there something wrong with me?

Kath2003 said:
We go most years and every year say we won't be going again - cost, lots of other places we want to go etc. And then every year, we book :lmao:

I know same here but like a pp has said we would rather spend the money on two weeks in Orlando going to WDW than money going to Spain etc. don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with Spain or any where else but it's just not WDW.

If it is, it's about as successful as holding an AA meeting in a wine cellar...

:lmao: Yep, this place feeds my addiction.

I know same here but like a pp has said we would rather spend the money on two weeks in Orlando going to WDW than money going to Spain etc. don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with Spain or any where else but it's just not WDW.

Same here, I would like a beach holiday if I could have both. It's just that most of us have to make a choice.:confused3 I would rather spend money on holiday(wherever they are) than anything else!

Well count me in with that obsession as well ....... I cry as we drive under the arch for the last time heading out to the airport and then I'm planning as we're sitting in MCO waiting for our flight home :rotfl2:

I'm just waiting and hoping for those 2014 prices (and discounts ) and I shall be devastated if I can't book for an Oct 2014 holiday

Do you know approximately when those prices will come out? Is it usually up to a year in advance you can book it?

GD :cutie:

It's never too early to plan. We came back in September last year and are planning for October next year.

Also, we got a 'Honeymoond Fund' terramundi pot for an engagement gift, the money will be used most likely in 2016 on our Disneymoon :-)

Do you know approximately when those prices will come out? Is it usually up to a year in advance you can book it?

GD :cutie:

According to much more learned people than I (Wayne) Disney usually release their prices/discounts, if any, about April time for the following year. That being said there is of course no guarantee there will be any discounts offered.

Also package prices for 2014 are already available with travel agents like Thompson and VA

I booked flights and OKW (including dining and tickets) more than 18 months before we went in 2012. That was with Cinders Mum - and I never saw a cheaper price...:thumbsup2

Another member for the support group here!!
We also had our once in a lifetime trip in October last year and I loved every second of the holiday but also the planning and saving and dreaming. I miss all that so much and would love to go again but it would take another 2-3 years saving. My eldest DD is 14 this year and I would love to go before she gets too much older but realistically we would be looking at October 2015 at the earliest. As it stands at the moment i couldn't take her out of school then due to exams coming up but where we live they are thinking about changing the october holiday to 2 weeks so if so we could plan for then. i miss looking forward to it so much though, still lurk on here all the time, read my guide book, do dummy bookings etc. It certainly is an addiction!!

A perfectly normal addiction to have :thumbsup2

Planning here for 2015. Had hoped for 2014, but realistically not possible financially.

:grouphug:

Nothing wrong with you

There is no way we can afford a trip this year after going 2 times in 2012

still I got frustrated by the free dining deal ending on WDTC-UK and probably not coming back this year ... so I booked ... £150 deposit, if we lose it ... well so be it, that's the price of an almost year long dream ...

but on monday ... US Airways dropped their prices to £420pp (Paris to Orlando indirect) so once again, I bit the bullet and booked.

Now I guess I have until the end of August to figure out how on earth I'm going to pay that £4000 balance :D

No, there's definitely nothing wrong with you :)

I saw that OKW free DDP is only quick service now, so I started planning where we could eat instead of table service, then I started wondering whether I would upgrade. With more than 3 years before we go back.:lmao: I've got it bad!

Nothing wrong with you

There is no way we can afford a trip this year after going 2 times in 2012

still I got frustrated by the free dining deal ending on WDTC-UK and probably not coming back this year ... so I booked ... £150 deposit, if we lose it ... well so be it, that's the price of an almost year long dream ...

but on monday ... US Airways dropped their prices to £420pp (Paris to Orlando indirect) so once again, I bit the bullet and booked.

Now I guess I have until the end of August to figure out how on earth I'm going to pay that £4000 balance :D

No, there's definitely nothing wrong with you :)

What do you mean, they've ended the free dining deal? When I did a dummy booking the other day, it still had free dining.

Okay, but that's just the last offer? It's not like they won't offer again, is it?

Possibly no more offers for this year but no-one knows.
The free DDP offers get worse each year, eventually one year they will remove it. This year they gave better offers for early bookers (free regular DDP, $200 gift card) later they changed it to free QSDDP & $100 gift card. Even the early booking deal was a big increase on last year, up from under £120/nt last year to over £150/nt this year.
Next year? we should find out early April.

Ended on Monday 11th if I remember correctly.

they did that in 2 steps

the deal was on until the 5th of feb.

they extended the deal until the 11th but took out the $100 gift card.
So people who booked after the 5th will not get the gift card.

So if I know that we're going next year, as late as in November, I should actually book when the offer comes out around april? I guess I'll have to have a thorough look through the site and find out what the cancelation policy is if that's the case :P

Double check but I think its still £50pp deposit which you lose if you cancel.

I booked our wilderness lodge in Sept 12 (just a few weeks after getting back)

We booked with WDWTC and paid £200 deposit via Quidco - we received £135 cash back 6 weeks laters- so effectively the deposit was just £65 - as Chmurf implied it was worth going for it - just need to get the flights sorted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter