Is there really enough to do to stay for 10 days at WDW?

We stayed for 10 nights during our last trip but we did rent a car at the Dolphin and visited Universal for 3 days. We don't go to waterparks or spend time at the pool though. We like to visit the parks and maybe play mini-golf. We also go to Downtown Disney and visit some of the resorts to dine. 7 days is more than enough for that.

It really depends on your interests and how you vacation. Some people stay for a month and that always boggles my mind. I can't even get that much time off every year!

Yeah, there is so much more than 10 days worth...

...but for us, after about day 5 we're starting to get pretty tired in the mornings. We tend to be at the parks open (or close to it) to close. It's just sooooooo much fun to be there that you just go, go, go...

Last year we learned to sleep in when needed about half way through our 9 day stay and it made a HUGE difference. We were still going pretty strong even on our last day.

So, for me the question isn't if there is enough to do, but if you have the stamina/rest to make it 10 days. :)

Dan

Pretty sure I could do a couple of months stay if I was at a nice resort. And I think that's an important key, being at a nice resort that has lots of activities and a great pool area.

I think 10-14 days is the perfect amount of time to be able to leisurely tour the theme parks and add get a day to go to a water park and DTD:)

4 major parks, 3 minor parks, Downtown Disney, the resorts themselves, dinner shows....10 days sometimes feels like not enough time...

We're once again doing 9 nights/10 days. For us that's perfect. We try to do different things to break it up, for example this year we're doing the Safari Trek (OK this is a gut-buster but my daughter graduated Magna Cum Laude and this is part of her graduation present), but on a more reasonable note we're also doing the carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness, the Behind the Seeds Tour, and again going to the Wishes Dessert Party on our last night.

We're dedicated Park Hoppers, and we also like to spend time at the pool so we not-too-successfully plan our days accordingly because we end up with minimal pool time!!:lmao:

We're going for 21 days and we crazily thought we would have some down days. Nope. We have plans to do a park every single day, and we still wonder if we are staying long enough.

We always go for at least 10 days and LOVE it. As others have mentioned, the extra time allows you to do what you want to do at a much more leisurely pace. You don't feel like you have to hit MK, for instance, at rope drop and stay there until it closes. If you're getting burned out, you can head back to the hotel and enjoy the pool, etc. and just head back to MK later on in your trip to finish up those things that you missed. And it also gives you time to repeat the things that you love. When we're at HS my kids LOVE Star tours and want to ride it at least 5 times! We know we can let them since we're not in a crazy panic to take in absolutely everything in one day :) The extra time helps every member of the family get want they want out of their Disney vacation.

Have fun planning your trip!

I stayed for 10 and our next visit I'll for 11 days.

It's all about pacing and what you want to accomplish each day. We had a very laid back visit, no hurries, no running from one side of the park to the other to get fastpasses after fastpasses, we did rope drop, scheduled breaks during the day and went back to close the parks, it worked for us and we had a blast.

You can choose to start your half day at rope drop or go around 4PM when you'll find the parks almost empty (it was February, so crowds were very manageable). We made several ADRs for dinner so we would hit rope-drop, stay till 12pm and them come back between 3PM and 5PM to enjoy the park and go to the restaurant.

We did 2 1/2 days at MK, 2 1/2 at AK, 2 1/2 at EPCOT and 1 at DHS. On our half days we went to DTD, enjoyed our own resort (POFQ) and visited Grand Floridian. It was a perfect vacation and I was extremely disappointed when we left to Universal.

We did 13 days at Christmas and still could have fit more in to our vacation! There's far more than enough for 10 days. Just look at a map!

I remember reading somewhere that you could stay at disney world for a year and still not get to see/do everything. SO i dont think you'll have a problem filling up 10 days :P

I think this was stated in one of the Travel Channel specials, too. It takes into account every theme park (rides, shows, parades, tours), entertainment venue (water parks, mini-golf, DTD), every restaurant at every park and hotel, little perks (campfire singalong, resort pools) and bigger $$ perks (fishing, golf and para-gliding).

To the OP, keep reading the DIS for posts like people's bucket list etc. That will give you ideas of the best to do in 10 days (and make you wish you have 14 days).

We've gone for the last 9 years, mostly for 12 days with 10 day PH and Water parks and we run out of time each trip. We NEVER spend days by the pool-our downtime is Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.

You will have a great time!

We've been 15 times to Disney since 2007- 10 of those trips were 10 days or more so yeah -plenty to do. But that said we really do love Disney - we meet the Princesses and many other characters more than once per trip and try not to rush.. We're there at RD every day and leave around 5/6 pm to go back to the resort to swim/ play pool games/ eat dinner and relax.

I have a 10 day trip coming up in a couple months (whatever my signature says). We don't plan on visiting a water park.

We plan on doing a day in AK, a day in HS, and then 3 days in Epcot, I figure it will be hot and we'd only do half day, and this way we can take our time. And then another 3 days in MK. No park the 1st day or last day, and another pool only day in between. I figure we'll go from RD until mid-day and then head back and then do our TS meal at night and then back to the resort for the movie. I don't want to rush rush rush this time around. I want it to be relaxing.

One day each isn't enough for the parks. We like 2 or 3 at Epcot, 2 at MK, 2 at DHS, and 1 or 2 at AK! Then the waterparks, Downtown Disney

It is me DH and DD14 so so of those she cant do as some of the tours are 16 and older. We like just about anything but love water parks and swimming and water stuff.

Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are both very different. Plan a day at both on either end of your vacation with time in-between for other parks.

Give yourself a day at the resort in the middle to chill by the pool. Maybe rent a water craft.

that's 3 days right there. The rest can be consumed at the parks if you have no interest in World of Sports, mini golf and so on.

personally, I always allow 2 days for Epcot and 2 days for MK. Animal kingdom can usually be done in a single day.

Plan some time at Downtown disney and see Cirq.

I am also a fan of the hoop-dee-doo personally. You can easily fit it in after a water park.

I think this was stated in one of the Travel Channel specials, too. It takes into account every theme park (rides, shows, parades, tours), entertainment venue (water parks, mini-golf, DTD), every restaurant at every park and hotel, little perks (campfire singalong, resort pools) and bigger $$ perks (fishing, golf and para-gliding).

To the OP, keep reading the DIS for posts like people's bucket list etc. That will give you ideas of the best to do in 10 days (and make you wish you have 14 days).

Can I find that travel channel Spcial on you tube what is it called

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter