Is there real coffee in Disney?

fuji

Mouseketeer
Does any one know of any where someone could get a real cup of coffee not the instant nescafe I seemed to only find? I really like coffee in the mornings. :love:

I think there is a Starbucks at either the Swan or Dolphin. The coffe stand at the Polynesian has Kona coffee. My dream is that some day some one at Dunkin Donuts will realize the money they can make by sponsoring the coffee at Disney.

fuji said:
Does any one know of any where someone could get a real cup of coffee not the instant nescafe I seemed to only find? I really like coffee in the mornings. :love:

Fuji, I, too, need my coffee in the morning. Nescafe is flavored water in my book. The only real coffee I have ever had on property is the coffee at Victoria & Alberts. My partner, Mister Disney, tried everything under the sun to arrange for real coffee in our room. All the pixie dust in Neverland couldn't pull that off.

SO, as love you have it, he pulled his own pixie dust out and secretly packed individual packets of Chock Full O'Nuts :crazy: the Heavenly Coffee into our bags. Each morning, I awoke to a pot of specially brewed Chock Full O' Nuts coffee. :wizard:

Bottom line, if you want real coffee, Bring Your Own Brew. :stir: :stir:

For some reason I think I remember a stand next to Italy in EPCOT that sells cappucino/expresso? I had an iced coffee here one time and I thought it was pretty good. Not sure if it was the regular nescafe or not? :confused3

We take our own bag of Starbucks coffee down and use the in-room coffee makers (as small as they are). We also will buy large bottles of bottled water and use that to make the coffee with so it doesn't get tainted with Orlando watery badness.

Hi :wave: I have to have my coffee! I took my 4 cup Mr. Coffee and Maxwell House before POR had coffee makers in the rooms. You can get a decent cup of coffee at a few of the kiosks in the parks. In MK, in Frontierland, in Epcot by Mission Space, in World Showcase, right before Mexico and also across from the pavillion in America. (sorry about this long run on setence :rotfl: There are also a couple in MGM and AKL. Take a look a the menus on allears. I believe they all specify if they serve Necafe from what I have seen. :sunny:

You can get a pot of pressed Kona coffee at the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian... and you can get a pot of pressed Kenyan coffee at Boma at AKL.

The kona was very good... or perhaps I was just coffee-deprived at that point...

Tonga Toast and a pot of Kona coffee is an excellent well-balanced meal representing all the major food groups; the sweet group, the fattening group, the fruit group (remember, there's a smidgeon of banana in that Tonga toast) and the coffee group. The butter and the cream for the coffee isn't enough to provide a whole serving from the dairy group, so please make sure to get some ice cream soon after.

:rotfl2:

ON our last two trips we have had a grocery delivery from wegoshop.com. Among other things, I get a can of Maxwell House Filter Pak coffee and bottle water. The small filter pack works well in the small in room pots, and I use botteled water.
This is easier than bringing it from home, and we are ordering other things as well.
HTH

THere is also a coffe place on the 1st floor of CR. Not sure how they are but... I know it's there.

If you are looking for Dunkin Donuts & have a car, go out Hotel PLaza Blvd & make a right onto 535 (Goodings in front of you). THere is a Dunkin DOnuts down a little on the left behind a gas station.

I know that there was one in MGM as well. I think its the Writers Block or Writes cafe or something of the sort. I actually have been there many time but ALWAYS forget the name.

Its has great coffee, also has pastries and also makes caps and lattes and such. Its right next door to the Sci-Fi.

2 Restaurants I thought had good coffee were the Artist point in the Wilderness lodge and Hoop Dee Doo. Both were definitely not Nestcafe. :thumbsup2

THere is also a coffe place on the 1st floor of CR. Not sure how they are but... I know it's there.

It's called 'contemporary grounds' -- and they offer wonderful coffee! :)

Kona Cafe coffee was great, but you know the best cup of coffee that we had during our last trip was at Maya Grille at breakfast. It definately was not nasty Nescafe. Maggie

SassyLassy said:
I know that there was one in MGM as well. I think its the Writers Block or Writes cafe or something of the sort. I actually have been there many time but ALWAYS forget the name.

Its has great coffee, also has pastries and also makes caps and lattes and such. Its right next door to the Sci-Fi.

I think it is The Writer's Stop. They do have very good coffee and it is not Nescafe. I asked the CM's there and they assured me that it was made from freshly ground beans.

The baked goods there aren't bad either. :teeth:

The signature restaurants like Narcoossees, Citricos and Brown Derby all have very good coffee. The finer restaurants do not have to use the Nescafe coffee concentrate.

Mr. D's K-Man said:
Fuji, I, too, need my coffee in the morning. Nescafe is flavored water in my book. The only real coffee I have ever had on property is the coffee at Victoria & Alberts. My partner, Mister Disney, tried everything under the sun to arrange for real coffee in our room. All the pixie dust in Neverland couldn't pull that off.

SO, as love you have it, he pulled his own pixie dust out and secretly packed individual packets of Chock Full O'Nuts :crazy: the Heavenly Coffee into our bags. Each morning, I awoke to a pot of specially brewed Chock Full O' Nuts coffee. :wizard:

Bottom line, if you want real coffee, Bring Your Own Brew. :stir: :stir:
That's what we do and our own pot too. coffee pot that is!! :rotfl2:

:crazy: The coffee years ago was great, 100% columbian until a certain man took over at Disney. In his attempts at cheapening operations, he used to have them "dilute" the coffee while still claiming it to be 100% Columbian. How do I know this? My father in law was a card carrying coffee taster. We were there in Alberto's for lunch one day when he had some coffee and was so offended he called the manager. The reason is his best friend certified the coffee the week before. The manager from Alberto's told us they made sure they had 100% columbian the week before, but then the went back to their "blend" on orders from the higher ups. The best coffee whould be in the Poly, but I'm not sure I will ever trust them even though the big guy has recently left.

Alan

The best food court type coffee find was at AKL, the worst was ASMu. I think POR had real coffee at one time, but I have to agree if you want good real coffee, bring it from home.

fuji said:

First of all, I want to say I'm fond of USA and I spend almost all my vacations in this country... but this is definitely not the place for having a real coffee !! I've NEVER found a place where there was real coffee !!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter