Is there only valet parking available at BWV?

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
Recently when I'm on the DVC member website checking out availability, there is a message saying there may only be valet parking available at this resort. What does this mean? How much do they charge for valet these days? I remember when free valet was a perk.

No, there is self parking. Lots of speculation about that notice but probably relates to people planning to stop by the resort during busy times.

No there is also self-parking. Traditionally there have been issues sometimes with members being unable to find a parking space, particualarly in the main lot rather than the overflow lot across the street (which is very long walk away), such as when the convention center at BWI is being used and just some times during evenings when there is very high demand for parking for going to the boardwalk. Usually you can find something. However, there is a particular issue right now that could cause more times when space may not be available in that many construction and service vehicles are there daily doing the continuing BWV renovation are taking up space in the parking lot.

In addition to everything already mentioned, the Food & Wine Festival is about to start. With so many people looking to park at BWV just to walk into Epcot for F&W, they restrict access to BWV parking areas even more than usual. If there is a convention going on at the same time, they make it difficult even for people staying at BWV to park there.

Someone posted a couple of days ago that they were only allowing resort guests and people with dining reservations to self park at BWV. That is typical during Food & Wine, especially on weekends.

Plus the resort renovations are still going on and will probably continue for the rest of the year. There is a small lot for resort guest too, but the lot is being used for construction equipment during the renovations

Just at BWV in a villa that overlooked the front of the resort. They are still allowing visitors to park in the BWV lot. You could watch the people streaming out towards the parking lot when Illuminations was over. They were all going to their cars, not to their BWV rooms.

Parking is a problem, especially on the villas side. The villas parking lot already houses the very large valet parking lot (that is always empty), and now it also houses all of the construction equipment and vehicles.

They have a huge section of the villas parking lot blocked off to members. We had to park all the way past the guard shack. Not exactly fair to members, especially when the whole valet parking lot was empty.

In addition to everything already mentioned, the Food & Wine Festival is about to start. With so many people looking to park at BWV just to walk into Epcot for F&W, they restrict access to BWV parking areas even more than usual. If there is a convention going on at the same time, they make it difficult even for people staying at BWV to park there.
And there is that annual convention at the YC/BC that takes over lots of the BWI, too. They closed off the entire parking lot on the BWI side when we were there two years ago for convention guests.

And there is that annual convention at the YC/BC that takes over lots of the BWI, too. They closed off the entire parking lot on the BWI side when we were there two years ago for convention guests.

Is that the Gartner convention? Yes I've been there during that huge event and have gotten a letter in our room telling us they are closing the large parking lot for that event (the parking lot closest to the bus stop). Glad I'll miss it this year. We arrive on October 23rd.

Is that the Gartner convention? Yes I've been there during that huge event and have gotten a letter in our room telling us they are closing the large parking lot for that event (the parking lot closest to the bus stop). Glad I'll miss it this year. We arrive on October 23rd.
Yes, that was the one.

We arrived at VGF the Saturday before Labor Day. By mid afternoon there was no parking anywhere. We were told our only option was valet parking at the main building. So yes, if the lots are full you will be told your only option is valet.

Laura

Seriously... if I'm staying there and there is no self parking available it sounds reasonable to me that (after checking our reservation) we can park for free in valet. unacceptable to not have a parking spot for guests

We arrived at VGF the Saturday before Labor Day. By mid afternoon there was no parking anywhere. We were told our only option was valet parking at the main building. So yes, if the lots are full you will be told your only option is valet.

Laura
Wow! That would really tick me off. For what they charge for the VGF (points wise, but still), it's too bad members can't get free, or reduced charge, valet parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter