Is there on board booking discount for DVC points?

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
Hi

Just wondered I might be able to get my dh to do a 4 night cruise in 2008 if their was a good deal?

Anyone know if they do discounts for DVC members and if so how do you do it?

Thanks
;)

I was sucked in (and I am glad) to DVC on our first cruise in Aug 06. They were running a $10/pt discount at that time if you bought in during the cruise. I could take that, or they would throw in a whole set of usable points (only 4 months remained in use year). We decided on the point discount.

Sorry not sure I made myself clear. (its late here in UK and Im on my way to bed:surfweb: )

I am a dvc member alreadyand I just wondered if I wanted to book a cruise in 2008 could rebook on board this years cruise using points and get some discount?

Hi Helen,

There is a point discount - we actually got it for our med cruise - it really was not that many points - literally - better than nothing, we were using points anyway (for one cabin). If I remember, I can check tomorrow what the points are for the med. cat. 11 (three people) and then check what we are using and will let you know exactly.

I've booked on board using cash for reservation if there is no point cruises available at the time, then called DVC to find out the date when the reservation can be converted over to a point cruise.
If cruise point charts are available on your current cruise then the DVC people usually have a on board booking discount table available. The discount is not that many points for on board, but you also get the on board credit.

Okay Helen, - sorry I took a bit long.

My three "big" kids are in a cat. 11 across from us on points.

The point chart from DCL is 367 each (two adults) and 233 points for my 14 yr. old.

DVC discount on points is 349 each (two adults) and my dd remains the same 233 points. We saved 18 points on each adult (total 36). I am not sure and don't think we have the on-board credit. We had dates and two cabins rebooked from a previous cruise w/cash and switched it to the med. date when it opened up - one with cash and one we converted to points and I was pleasantly surprised to receive the point discount since I had forgotten all about that offering also on-board.

HTH.:)

Thanks Ann :goodvibes

I did the fatal thing and just happened to look what rooms were available for the 3 or 4 nights next Aug and I saw 3 SPH :scared1:

but im going to hang off until our med cruise and decide

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter