Is there High Speed Internet Access from Disneyland Hotel?

skiptomypooh

Disney Daughter, Disney Mom, Disney Fan forever!
I know all you experts can help me with this. Our trip depends on it!

Since we have DVC and the rates are so good, I'm trying to plan a trip to Disney Land in late June 2006. DH and I have our own network consulting company and need to have fairly private access for a couple hours each day. Is there access at the Disney Land hotel, or only at the Grand Californian? Even if there's wireless in the lobby, that would probably do.

Thanks so much!

Not to hijack the thread (sorry), but I am curious if there is a cost for the high speed at GC. Is it wireless in the rooms or should I take network cable?

Thanks.

If you can call the hotels directly, you will get the most accurate information. The numbers are probably on the Disneyland website.

When we were at the Disneyland Hotel last November there was high-speed access in the room (cable near the phone which we plugged an airport in to so we could both be on at the same time). I cannot remember if we paid extra for it or not. My husband used it a lot and once had a problem sending out email. They actually had him talk to the company that provides the service--I think it was SmartCities.

They were advertising wi-fi in the lobby and near the bar--but we did not try it.

Thanks M's_girl! That's just what I needed to know. We'll be bringing our airport too, for the same reason, so you've made my husband very happy. I just made the flight arrangements for the four of us on a Boston to LA flight, non-stop, for practically nothing with Delta/Song. It'll be my 40th birthday trip. I lived in CA for a while as a child, but I haven't been back to DL since I was 10. I can't wait to bring the boys! :earboy2:

Califgirl, thanks for the advice. When WDW was starting to be wired for internet access we had an incident where we were told by a hotel cast member (several actually) that they had in-room internet and arrived to find phones with modem cable jacks and 1200baud max access. :badpc: We lived at a coffeehouse for the week. Of course, it didn't stop us from taking more vacations at WDW. Since then, I've learned all about the access at WDW and what has what, but I didn't know about DL. All the DVC places have it, which is another reason why we bought there.

caimakale, I will check on the rate this week and try to post it here, but the company that M's_girl mentioned is the same one providing service at WDW (we've talked to them on occasion too) and it's $9.95 for every 24 hours. You hook up to their connections in the room via a hub and cable they provide, launch a browser and they have a page that comes up to acknowledge that you are starting a session and will be billed. One caution, it does disconnect every 24 hours, so be careful to not be in the middle of something important at the time.

As usual, you DIS guys know everything. Now I can start planning the rest of the trip! Thanks Again! :wave:

The High speed at the Grand was included in the "resort fee" which everyone pays.. it includes your health club entrance, your daily paper, etc.

Had high speed internet in the GCH room that worked fine. I needed to get a patch cord sent up by the front desk though, they did not have it in the room. Also it was free for me, or rather if you book a package the "resort fee" is already included in the price (at least through AAA it was).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter