• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there any way to see a different stateroom on board?

kventventx

Mouseketeer
We have always booked a Verandah stateroom because I tend to get claustrophobic. I was wondering if, while we are on board, they will let us see an inside stateroom to see if it will trip me up. Obviously, I realize that the room has to be available and unoccupied. But is that something that maybe the future cruise booking desk could do? I was just hoping that there might be the chance of booking a cheaper stateroom in the future so that we may cruise more often.

There are a couple of ways to do this.

On some longer cruises, the Dis meet group organized a stateroom tour. People volunteered to allow the group to visit their room at a specific time--allowing us to see many different types of rooms.

Another possibility is that your stateroom host may allow you to look in from the doorway at one of the inside rooms--but he can't allow you to enter once the guests have arrived.

The third way would be, as you said, to ask at GS whether there are any vacant cabins that you might be allowed to visit.

And number 4 would be to make an arrangement privately with someone on your Dis-meet thread to visit their room; you could do the same thing with the people across the hall from you if you got to know them.

You could also check with your tablemates and see what kind of stateroom they have.

On my last cruise (also my first) our tablemates invited us over one night to see their room-they got upgraded.

Thanks! On our last cruise all our table mates had the same category/type room we had so we really didn't know anyone that had a different category room.

During our first cruise, a family in the meet was staying in the walt disney suite on the magic (or the roy, I cant remember). They hosted a "open house" in their room where people from the meet could stop by and get a tour of the room. They even were so kind as to order drinks and snacks. It was very thoughtful and we really enjoyed it. I suggest joining the cruise meet like PP's have suggested and post a thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter