Is there any way to get rid of stretch marks and scars?

tc

<font color=blue>Miracles are amazing!<br><font co
I know this sounds very vain, and perhaps it is, but I hate my stretch marks. I was 18 when I first got pregnant, and am now almost 42. It seems I have never been without them. I hate my stretch marks. No matter how much I work out or diet, there's no way I can show any of my midriff with these horrible stretch marks. Not to mention the 12 inch long scar that runs from above my belly button down. I was thinking about having them removed, at least the stretch marks, but am not sure if it can be done. Can it? If so, do you think it's expensive? Painful? Silly? Even if it's just my husband who sees me, I'd feel so much more pretty if they were gone. I've already tried the Mederma lotion, and it faded some spots on my face, but didn't even put a dent in the stretch marks. Any advice (but no flaming, please) on what can be done.

There's no "topical" way to be rid of stretch marks because they go so deep into the skin layers. I have read some recent articles about having them lasered that is showing some success, but right now it is in the very new stages.

I'd contact a dermatologist or perhaps a plastic surgeon.
Good luck!

I remember taking care of a hospitalized patient who underwent a window shade procedure by a plastic surgeon. The skin between the navel and the pubis was excised and the skin above that level was pulled down and joined with the incisional area...yup, like a windowshade. She was bandaged quite extensively and had to stay in bed with her knees flexed until the incision healed. The results was perfect however, she had only had one baby at the time. I would think that one would want a tubal ligation before undergoing that kind of surgery.

My sister has a friend who had a tummy tuck similar to the window shade described above. The plus - her stretch marks are gone. The minus - she has a huge scar that looks like a smiley face. She went through a lot of pain and expense. Which is worse?

They usually try to make the incision so it is just above the pubis and into the creases where the thighs and torso meet but yeah, its a matter of one scar replacing another. You just get to have it moved.

My dr. recomended Mederma (sp?). This was for my c- section scar, but it said that it would help with stretch marks also. Very pricey, but worth a try.

Plastic surgery is not an option for me. It's not worth it to go under the knife for vanities sake. I was thinking of microdermabrasion. I think I'll contact someone who gives free consultations and see what I find out. There are a few online remedies, but they make me nervous. They range from $15 to over $1,000. I think I'll probably end up living with it.

Actually Retin-A on stretch marks will fade them significantly. The gel works well but it will take a while. Have your doctor order for your teen and it will be covered by insurance.

Vitamin E oil is used by alot of people to help reduce stretch marks.

Also a store called Lush sells a massage bar called therapy which if I recall corectly people have used for stretch marks with some success.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter