Is there any turbulence in a storm.

daisy duck

Mouseketeer
We are flying next Sunday and there is a 60 percent chance of thunder storms leaving and landing.

daisy duck said:
We are flying next Sunday and there is a 60 percent chance of thunder storms leaving and landing.

There can be some turbulence, but if there aren't any storms occurring, it can also be quite smooth. My advice is "don't worry about it and have an awesome trip".

How much turbulence you have depends on how severe the storms are. My bet is that if there are storms you'll have turbulence.

If there is lightning close to the airport no planes land or takeoff. We set in Mco 4 hours one night.

Generally, the pilot will try to fly around any storms to avoid them.

It depends on if the pilot can fly around or above the storms. If they can't there will be some turbulence, but just think of it like a preview of the rides at WDW, LOL.

Marsha

torinsmom said:
It depends on if the pilot can fly around or above the storms. If they can't there will be some turbulence, but just think of it like a preview of the rides at WDW, LOL

Spot on. You are going to MCO to do ToT and coasters where you go upside down. What can be more fun, an experience in a $10 million Disney ride, or doing a loop in a $200 Million Boeing Jet? :rotfl2:

Chill out, I'm just kidding. You are safer on the plane ride than on the amusements rides in MCO.

D'oh, did I just imply non safety on MCO rides? :thumbsup2

Did I mention that driving on I-4 is the most dangerous part of the trip you will experience?

D'oh, did I just scare a newbee? :wave2: It is Florida, it is summer, you land diving around the storms. Done it lots, it is fun and safe.

Just keep telling yourself: If we are landing, there is no hurricane here! :rotfl:

Well, I CAN sympathize about being scared of turbulence. When we flew from NC to CA once, the turbulence was so bad that the stewardess fell! NOw that is bad turbulence. It was honestly like a roller coaster ride--we kept hitting air pockets and would sink a few feet, then climb and fall. I am not a roller coaster type of person, but I just closed my eyes and it was over before too long. Just know that the pilots are used to turbulence and it isn't a big deal at all to them.

Marsha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter