Is there any places cheap to eat

ky07

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=teal>
Is there any places cheap to eat and that is good around the doubletree at the entance to universal cause we are going down on june the 4th to the 11 th and we are on a real strict budget.

ditto here! i think there is a TGIF and a Denny's next to Doubletree (where we'll be at too! 4th-8th!)... I figured we would eat at those or even look for something else along the i10 blvd. im not much of a eater while on vacation... don't want to get sick.

Jai YAY for us! Almost time! :yay:

So excited can't wait my two boys are counting down the days and tell me how many we have lol

i have a total thread of my excitment... i can't stop stopping and dancing on the thread.

im on my way to wal mart do so some last minute shopping! cheerio! :dance3:

Is there any places cheap to eat and that is good around the doubletree at the entance to universal cause we are going down on june the 4th to the 11 th and we are on a real strict budget.

We really liked the Ponderosa buffet breakfast(next to Wet n wild). I believe it was $4.99 per person and it was a good selection too.

i have a total thread of my excitment... i can't stop stopping and dancing on the thread.

im on my way to wal mart do so some last minute shopping! cheerio! :dance3:

Same here already went to target and got the kids new flip flops and have to go to walmart to get the wife some sunglasses

We really liked the Ponderosa buffet breakfast(next to Wet n wild). I believe it was $4.99 per person and it was a good selection too.

This place is amazing if you're on a budget. We usually max out on breakfast so much, we don't need lunch.

Sizzler is more of the same kind of thing for same price.

Sweet Tomatoes is a salad buffet type place (its better than I described!!) also have a nice range if you feel like something other than stake n fries.

All three are on International Drive and are great value for money. Ponderosa is something we Brit's mention after coming back from Florida to our family and friends who cannot believe how cheap it is. :laughing:

This place is amazing if you're on a budget. We usually max out on breakfast so much, we don't need lunch.

Sizzler is more of the same kind of thing for same price.

Sweet Tomatoes is a salad buffet type place (its better than I described!!) also have a nice range if you feel like something other than stake n fries.

All three are on International Drive and are great value for money. Ponderosa is something we Brit's mention after coming back from Florida to our family and friends who cannot believe how cheap it is. :laughing:

the only thing is i have to figure out how to get there cause we won't have a car cause thats why we picked doubletree at the entrance to universal we figured we could just walk to the parks but sizzler does sound good cause we use to have one where i am but it shut down but was a great place to eat.

the only thing is i have to figure out how to get there cause we won't have a car cause thats why we picked doubletree at the entrance to universal we figured we could just walk to the parks but sizzler does sound good cause we use to have one where i am but it shut down but was a great place to eat.

You don't need a car. It's not far to walk, maybe 10-15 minutes at a casual pace. We (wife and kids) had the Holiday Inn on I-Drive and walked to Universal Studios. Your walk should be a few minutes closer. One bus stop maybe. Ponderosa is just like Sizzler, but we found had a bigger range of food. The great thing about Orlando is, unlike other places in the US, you don't need a car to get around.

yeah that what i been told that its not a long walk and also have seen things were they said you have to cross a busy 7 line highway but me and the family don't care we are just excited to be going cause its been 2 years since we been to uso so we are just going to have fun and not have a care in the world lol

You do have to cross a busy road but it's manageable. What we did most days was cross the road in the morning to get to the parks and then try to catch the shuttle coming back when we were worn out.

CiCi's pizza I think is down that end on International, What about Golden Corral? Not gourmet but my kids loved both. I think you could probably find 10% off coupons online also.

yes I seen that the Golden corral is just up the street and we have sevral of them here where i am and my kids love them,
so i guess we will be eating there alot lol

mmmmmm my family LOVE the golden corral!!! We have no buffets over here in sad ole Northern Ireland so a buffet alone is a big treat (and Golden Corral is definately our favourite!! yum yum!!)

The Ale House is right on the corner of Kirkman and the main entrance to Universal Resort area. It's a nice sit down casual restaurant/sports bar and most meals with huge portions are around $10. Lots of choices and very good food. We've eaten at this one, the one in Lake Buena Vista as well as the one here in Tampa frequently and never had a bad meal.

thank you didn't know about that one it sounds good

You're welcome. One of our favorite things to get there is the 30 Shrimp platter. They are large fried shrimp, not popcorn, with a ton of fries all for $9.99. Even my husband has a hard time finishing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter