Is there any other transportation avialable in WDW?

mouseketeer_mom

DIS Veteran
I know, I know. It's obvious by my questions on here that I've never been to WDW. We are going in March and plan on using Disney transportation while we are there. My question is this; if we happen to be in a hurry for some reason or just plain tired, is there any other alternative? Are cabs available?

TIA

Hey there stranger! :thumbsup2

Yes cabs are available and I have been told it is about $15 or so to go from point A to point B in the World. You can ask the desk or bell staff to call one for you or I think there are often times some waiting. We have built into our budget a few cab trips so if the buses are really packed or we are running late we plan to just take a taxi.

Allyson :)

Yes, cabs are available pretty much anywhere on property and can be a great, fairly inexpensive option if you're running late for something, or just don't want to wait for a bus.

As an above poster mentioned cabs are pretty plentiful on WDW property, however, one word of caution.....if you plan on using a cab on a regular basis...say three or four times during the week...you just might want to check into renting a car for at least part of your stay from the Car Care Center (near Magic Kingdom) or from one of the car rental desks at one of the hotels on Hotel Boulevard (which is right near Downtown Disney). I believe most of the agencies will provide shuttle service for you to pick up your vehicle and also back to your hotel when you drop off. Where are you staying onsite? That also makes a difference in what modes of Disney transportation are available...for instance if you're at any of the Magic Kingdon resorts (Contemporary, Poly, or Grand Floridian)you can monorail or boat to the MK...if you're at Wilderness Lodge you can boat to MK. If you're at an Epcot Resort(Boardwalk or Yacht and Beach Club) you can walk or boat to both Epcot and MGM. Pretty much the moderates and values you need to use bus transportation. So, it really does make a difference where you stay for transportation purposes. Personally, we always rent a car when we visit because you can plan to add at least 45 minutes, usually more, to your travel time using the bus system. This can really take a big chunk out of your vacation, especially since it's your first time visiting. And, if you're staying onsite, parking at all the parks is free anyway.

Thanks for the responses! We will be at Fort Wilderness in our motorhome and will not be towing a car this trip. We will use Disney transportation for most things, particularly back and forth to MK. I will be budgeting a few cab rides in though for times when we are just too tired or in a hurry.

OT: Your down to just hours Allyson! Is this the longest school day ever?!?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter