• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there any chance DVC can convert my March Beach Club reservation into a DVC purchase?

DSLRuser

Age is a state of mind
So, as the title says. We are spending 7 nights at Beach Club in March. A $4,000 room expense (give or take).

We have toyed with buying DVC so many times over the years, and this may be the time. If I call, is there any chance I can take that $4,000 and instead just use it as down payment for DVC and we just stay at DVC.

If yes, is there any chance I can get BCV or WLV as our home resort? I think those would be the only 2 resorts I am interested in. I know all the pros and cons vs resale, and think we want to go through disney.

Thanks

Years ago DVD offered a cash reservation to DVC stay, not anymore. DVD doesn't sell BCV or VWL direct so you need to buy resale.

:earsboy: Bill

So, as the title says. We are spending 7 nights at Beach Club in March. A $4,000 room expense (give or take).

We have toyed with buying DVC so many times over the years, and this may be the time. If I call, is there any chance I can take that $4,000 and instead just use it as down payment for DVC and we just stay at DVC.

If yes, is there any chance I can get BCV or WLV as our home resort? I think those would be the only 2 resorts I am interested in. I know all the pros and cons vs resale, and think we want to go through disney.

Thanks

No. And honestly if you are considering buying VWL direct, I'm not positive you fully understand all the pros and cons of resale.

Last heard they closed the waitlist to buy BCV direct so resale is the only option. And VWL......well, they might have points to sell you but it'll come at a premium vs resale. What exactly do you feel you would be missing if you bought resale?

What might be possible is to buy direct and have the condition of getting a reservation somewhere for those same dates. What might be available though is unknown.

I'm also not sure if you can still purchase BCV direct anymore- I think that is one of the ones that they closed the waitlist for. You might be able to get VWL points direct though, but you should seriously consider resale first if you're thinking of doing that. Resales can be easily financed as well if that's what you're concerned about. Although true it might not close in time to reserve a March trip, it's kind of late. I would call DVC though and just see what they say about your situation, you never know what they might do for a sale, lol. But if you're thinking long term DVC commitment, take a look at the resale prices first so you know exactly how much extra you are paying to purchase direct from Disney.

In addition VWL is currently starting construction on a new DVC there. They have the original building that you can buy resale or you can wait and see what they will be selling when they finish the new DVC.

Provided you qualify for Disney financing (and don't mind paying their outrageous interest rates) then yes, you could use the $4000 as a down payment on a DVC contract and stay at a DVC resort instead of at Beach Club. The problem is whether you could purchase one of the resorts you are interested in. They recently did something unprecedented and stopped taking names for the waiting list for BCV and some other resorts. But you won't know for sure until you call and ask. They will certainly try to sell you the Poly or Aulani and may have some other resorts available.

As mentioned, BCV might not be available for purchase but other resorts are available. When you purchase directly from Disney the points will be in your account within a day or two of paying your deposit. You can make (and even take) a vacation on those points even before you close on your purchase. Your guide (aka your timeshare salesperson) can sometimes pull some strings and help you get your first reservation even if the resort you want is fully booked for your dates. On the other hand when you are booking just a few months from check in, you may have to settle for whatever may still be available for your dates. But you do pay a hefty premium over resale in exchange for getting your points quickly by purchasing directly from Disney and your choice of resorts may be more limited when purchasing from Disney.

The OP would be doing this on their own, correct? And getting a new DVC reservation is up to the guide and isn't part of a current program.

OP, you would have to cancel the BCV reservation on your own and then use those funds to purchase your DVC points. Are you sure you understand the program into which you are buying?
Do you understand the following terms:
UY
MF
HR
11 month and 7 month booking windows
Concierge Collection
RCI
CM
MS
Direct vs resale
Rule of 4

I might be misreading the OP's intent ... but I *think* they are asking if, buying direct, they can ask the Sales Rep to replace their existing cash hotel reservation with a Villa book on points for the same dates. If this is the question, to the OP: It doesn't hurt to try? Keep your existing reservation until you have both a firm YES and a reservation confirmation in your hot-little-hands! Don't cancel it early -- and be ready to make the replacement reservation a key condition of the sale process.

That said -- it is only a "can't hurt to try" strategy. There may not be Villa rooms available for your dates; or available units might be larger rooms than you initially anticipated requiring more points than you had budgeted. It is all part of sales negotiation -- you have your needs, the sales staff have theirs. Know your own priorities and respond accordingly.

March is in the 7 month window and guides can assist with first reservations. I agree that if you aporoach it this way: the ONLY way I can do this deal this year is with booking help that essentially replaces my CRO reservation, then it's worth a shot.

Which resort do you want to buy?

March is in the 7 month window and guides can assist with first reservations. I agree that if you aporoach it this way: the ONLY way I can do this deal this year is with booking help that essentially replaces my CRO reservation, then it's worth a shot.

Which resort do you want to buy?

They are looking for BCV or VWL. This won't work for BCV as the waitlist is closed. It might work for VWL, but the OP is better off if it doesn't....

Ok now that we all have been downers, OP the first thing I would do is call DVC. Let them know that you have a reservation and were very interested in DVC. Explain what you want and would like to take care of it while your there.
By all means there is never anything that is 100%. I have friends that have had their stay credited and applied to their purchase.
We have seen recent purchases on these boards for the GF and that was supposed to be closed.
IF there is a few months before you go, DVC might be able to do a ROFR on a BC sale and have points for a for sure sale.
As I was always told It never hurts to ask.
Good Luck

Thanks
I'd suggest you look for a resale and try to get it done and reserved prior. Keep the cash reservation in case you can't or at least work out a suitable back up. You'll save money in the end. Rushing to try to do this with the one reservation in mind will cost you money in the end going retail, it does not save money.

They'll also probably try to sell you (expensive) Poly points and say you can always book at 7 months for any other resort. But if you really want BC or WL as a home resort, you can save large buckets of cash in resale AND get the 11 month advantage. Or you could get far cheaper points to use at 7 months - I can find non-stripped contracts listed at $85/point, which is half of what Poly costs. I can find non-stripped BCV contracts at $115/point, which is still $50/point cheaper than Poly. Decent WL contracts are in resale for under $100/point.

The DVC sales office for direct don't always have your interests in mind.

It is true that they have stopped putting names on a waitlist for BCV and VGF but.....if they have the points they will sell them to you. They are still picking up those resorts by ROFR so those points have to go somewhere.

It is true that they have stopped putting names on a waitlist for BCV and VGF but.....if they have the points they will sell them to you. They are still picking up those resorts by ROFR so those points have to go somewhere.

Wouldn't they go to the people who were on the waitlist before it closed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter