Is there any benefit to Genie+ with DAS?

atksn

Mouseketeer
Bear with me, but I am so stinking confused. I did my video chat today and my DAS selections for the 8 days of my trip that fall after 11/1 (there 10/30-11/9). I have never used DAS, doing so this time is a result of some surgical complications. I have read up on DAS, and Genie+, but I would still benefit from better understanding and clarification.

So with DAS, we have the 2 pre-selected experiences, which are chosen from the same options as the LL Genie+ attractions. The "top tier" attractions are pay only, regardless. My understanding of DAS is that when the pre-selected experiences are completed, we then can choose a next one (if available). How is this different from Genie+? Would there be benefit to us having both?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, and I know these are a lot of changes for all of us, but any help in understanding would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

the + to having genie + is that you can loop a ride quicker also you can get on rides while you wait for your DAS return time

DAS allows you to get a DAS Return Time on the day-of, as soon as you enter the park. You do not have to use the Advanced Selections first, or at all. You are also able to get DAS Return Time for the Individual $ Lightning Lane attractions -- the 2 that are paid for day-of if one so chooses.

Genie+ is essentially FastPass, but you get the next available time instead of choosing one. If you use DAS for a popular attraction that is maybe a 90-minute+ wait, you can use Genie while waiting for that DAS Return Time to come around.

DAS allows you to get a DAS Return Time on the day-of, as soon as you enter the park. You do not have to use the Advanced Selections first, or at all. You are also able to get DAS Return Time for the Individual $ Lightning Lane attractions -- the 2 that are paid for day-of if one so chooses.

Genie+ is essentially FastPass, but you get the next available time instead of choosing one. If you use DAS for a popular attraction that is maybe a 90-minute+ wait, you can use Genie while waiting for that DAS Return Time to come around.
So when we are in park, the day of, DAS *can* be used to do the 2 paid attractions per park at no additional cost?

So when we are in park, the day of, DAS *can* be used to do the 2 paid attractions per park at no additional cost?
Yes, that's correct. You'll receive a DAS Return Time comparable to the posted standby time.

The exception at the moment is Remy, you will need a boarding group through the virtual queue or a paid lightning lane. If the virtual queue, you then tell them you have a DAS when your boarding group is called and they will direct you from there.

WDW posted this specific information about Remy on their DAS information page.
It is currently the only attraction with a virtual queue/Boarding Group. Disney has indicated virtual queues could be added or removed from attractions, depending on demand. StarWars: Rise of the Resistance had a virtual queue from when it opened until Sept 23, 2021 when it was discontinued.
The other attractions that have Individual Lightning Lane also have a Standby line - guests using DAS can get a DAS Return Time for those. The Return Time is based on the wait in the Standby line, which can be long for those popular attractions.

AE83FE23-16D6-4013-AD0D-6E382FB77388.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter