Is there any advantage / reason to do online check-in?

When we arrived at the BW in July we sat in lobby chairs and they brought all the info to us. A great way to start a relaxing vacation.

I find that when I do online checkin, everything is ready when we arrive, so it takes less time to stand there when checking in!!!
All you really have to do is give them your credit card, and
sign one form, and you are off unless than five minutes!!!

It isn't like you get your room any faster, and you still have to go to the check in desk so I don't see any real benefit.

But I still do it every time.:confused3

It depends on the resort and what mood they are in. Sometimes everything is ready and they meet you at the lobby door, other times nothing is ready and you wait at the front desk.

We have even had a longer wait and line using online check in compared to people just walking up.

:earsboy: Bill

We've done online checkin since they started offering it, so that's 4 or 5 trips for us now, at 3 different resorts. Each time, everything was ready for us when we arrived. I think it shortens the checkin process. Whether it makes it more likely that requests are granted, I don't know. Our requests have been granted each time, but maybe they would have been anyway. I just feel that anything that makes the arrival quicker is worth doing - gets us to a park that much faster! I don't see any downside to doing it.

When we arrived at the BW in July we sat in lobby chairs and they brought all the info to us. A great way to start a relaxing vacation.

This happened to us as well. LOVED IT. We've used online check-in the past 5-6 trips(or since it was available, let's put it that way) and we've always had a very quick and easy time of it. We love it!

Try it once and see what you think. :goodvibes

For us, online check-in's real value is psychological...in two ways.

First, it makes the upcoming trip seem so "real." It's like a head-start on it. So I always try to use it.

Second, while I've never arrived at DVC (or any hotel, for that matter) and discovered "no room at the Inn" despite having a confirmed reservation, I'm aware that can happen. Checking in ahead of time is (psychologically-speaking--probably not actually) feels like a way to minimize that risk...

There are times I can't use it--the system for a while didn't allow it with linked reservations, and there was another glitch a while back that prevented me using online check-in. No biggie.

For us, there's never been any "actual" advantage to using it...just the psychological advantage. Whether it's faster or not just seems to depend on circumstances. I've been there at times when the online line was longer than than the line for people actually checking in. And it makes no difference at all if you're looking to make any changes to your assigned villa. And I've noticed no impact at all on how fast our villa is ready. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. (We almost always arrive between noon and 1).

I never give the reservations people (online or at the front desk) my credit card anymore. That doesn't seem to make any difference either. (I'm fine w/using the credit card, rather than the room key, for purchases and if the front desk doesn't have my credit card, they can't mess up room charges...time to sort out such charges (happened fairly often w/"free" internet access back before WiFi) on departure day is always a problem...problem solved by simply not giving them a credit card...

Still, even tho I don't see any "real" advantage to it, I use it when I can because it makes me feel good, sooner, about my upcoming time at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter