Is there an underground tour of Main Street USA?

Abba98

DIS Veteran
I realize this is a bit of a strange question.......My friend who I'll be going with to WDW in October just called.He heard there is a tour you can take at Magic Kingdom underground around the Main Street USA area.Has anyone ever heard of this,and if so,any links to info............Would we need to book in advance,or would that day be okay,how much does it cost?If anyone knows anything,I'd be thrilled to hear from you.Thanks for your help,I do realize this is a very weird question!!

:banana:

Keys to the Kingdom Tour. Have been on it recently and it was a lot of fun. Early morning tour, but you do have a lunch break. lasts around 5 hrs, and they do take you downstairs into the utilidoors. The tour as it stands today doesn't get in depth down there like it used to. A lot of procedures were changed after 9/11.. But you do get a feel for it. It's fun for a few mins, but after that the shine wears off. I think a lot of people have built it up to be a lot more then what it really is down there. Just think of hallways in a shop, or something like that. Easy way to think of it. I'd recomend the tour, as I'm taking it again in the near future. I enjoyed it A LOT. Hope that helps...

We took it a couple months ago and like the other poster I would highly recommend it. It is a little disappointing when you are downstairs because you don't see much more than hallways, but it was fun seeing something others don't. I would highly recommend it to anyone. We really enjoyed everything about it.

there are three tours that offer this:

Backstage Magic
Keys to the Kingdom
Inspiration through Walt's Eyes

Wow,thanks for all the replies.......We have the basic 5 day pass , so if he shows up that morning,can he book this tour then,or does it need to be booked in advance?Any idea how much it costs?Thanks so much for all the help.....

:wizard:

you will prob want to book in as much advance as possible. Keys does fill up pretty quick from time to time. Might call in and just get an idea of which one of the 5 days is full and take it from there. I booked mine about 2 months out, but i've seen people walk up and book. Now if you were taking like the railroad behind the scenes tour, that one books up a few months in advance.

Now the Keys tour, i want to beleive the price is in the 75 dollar range, but that's just off the top of my head. everyone, correct me if i'm wrong on this price.

We really enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom tour, learned alot of interesting things about the MK including going down into the CM area's.

If you want to take this tour then make sure you book it ahead of time so your not disapointed. It was well worth the price and we will probably take it again sometime.

Bev

They're not really tunnels and they're not underground. A lot of the MK is actually a two story building. The first floor is above ground. Can't have basements in central Florida. The level with the attractions is the second floor. The first floor has the utilidor or tunnels which are, as a PP said, look like corridors and that's because they are. The first floor was backfilled with the dirt that was in Seven Seas lagoon. Next time you're there, notice the ground level at the boat docks and then the level of the entrance to the MK. It goes up hill. Although it sounds cool, it's expensive to build. They didn't repeat it in the other parks. The other parks have a service road around the perimeter. Does the same thing but much much cheaper. They're are some interesting things to see during the tour. Some people thought it was worth it, it's not cheap, others didn't.

3 stories if you include fantasyland and the castle.

Wow,thanks for all the replies.......We have the basic 5 day pass , so if he shows up that morning,can he book this tour then,or does it need to be booked in advance?Any idea how much it costs?Thanks so much for all the help.....

:wizard:

If you check the first link provided in post #3, you'll find all the information about the tours there.

Thanks everyone,we now have all the info we need,and I think my friend is going to call and book the Keys to the Kingdom tour.......We're not going until October,so hopefully that will be lots of time.Thanks so much for all your help,
have a great day,

from sunny Nova Scotia!:cloud9:

Note that any tour that takes you through the Utilidors has a minimum age of 16.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter