Is there an October 2011 codes watch?

Booking a room now will do you no good if and when a discount is released for October if no rooms under the same catagory you have booked are allocated for the promotion.

You're probably right on especially about the EPCOT area resort rooms for this particular time of year as there are a couple of large conventions allegedly scheduled for those rooms. They are due to end around the time we get arrive in Disney -- Oct22. We, however, opted for POR instead.

Perhaps the nonEpcot resorts would have more availability for the special so, I think it's always good to book if you are certain you're going to go regardless. If you're only waiting for a discount to book, then I suppose waiting is fine. I know people have last minute luck, but we are plan-ahead types. We decided we were going anyway. We did get a mini-discount room only from AAA. I'm hoping for a room discount in October. I don't think I'd opt for the FD.

You're welcome for the update. I have been checking mousesavers as well.....I think I'm foaming at the mouth for a discount at this point. And I need some good news.

Ames was very nice and direct. And I think he was right.....October discounts are normally offered in the summer and that's when we should expect them. I guess I never really consider October such a slow time, but I guess it is because kids are back in school (I'm one of those psycho parents that pulls the kids out....BUT my kids also have in-service days during our vacation, so it cuts down on absences). Anyway, given that and hurricane season, you can kinda see why Disney offers discounts then.

Have a great day, everyone!!!

I have to admit I'm worried about my dates (10-2 to 10-9). I've seen several people post similar dates, and I'm wondering how many people booked 9-29 through the following week for FD in the earlier promotion.

We already booked and have flights, so we are going FD or not, but I was hoping to try out some restaurants we won't go to if FD isn't offered. With our family of 4 it would be considerable savings.

I have to admit I'm worried about my dates (10-2 to 10-9). I've seen several people post similar dates, and I'm wondering how many people booked 9-29 through the following week for FD in the earlier promotion.

We already booked and have flights, so we are going FD or not, but I was hoping to try out some restaurants we won't go to if FD isn't offered. With our family of 4 it would be considerable savings.

I know I had orginally booked 9/29 -10/6 with the FD promo before it ran out on 12/20/10. At the time it seems like here on the DIS everyone was arriving on 9/29 when they posted their trip dates :laughing:

Then the GP % off discount came out on 1/1/11 and I switched to that even though it meant changeing our dates the saving for us was better staying at a deluxe.

Finally I switched to later in October afraid that September would be just too hot and too humid for us after DH recieved a pin for 20% off, not a big savings but just about equal to FD for 2 Adults.....I do have my fingers crossed for a GP offer with a better % off but not holding my breath since our dates I doubt will fall into any offer for Oct.

So I think there might be a good chance they may offer FD going into October dates for everyone waiting for it

Count me in for the great October watch of 2011. We chaged our dates to arrive on 10/30. Does anyone know if those dates were typically included in the free dining dates previously?

We haven't booked anything yet. Our dates will be 10/2-10/5 or 10/6 because a pal is getting married in Orlando on 10/2 and we can't go any sooner because of work.

Any discount would be better than what's out there now. We're interested in FD at Pop, but we're also considered trying Swan/Dolphin since even with a discount, we probably can't swing an Epcot resort, which is where we'd love to stay. I'm on the lookout for Swan/Dolphin sales too. Any discount will help get us there.

I wonder though if I should book Pop now and then dump it if no deal comes out or we change our minds :confused3

The waiting game is agony, but I bet we'll be doing it until the summer.

:thumbsup2 I would be one of those people. When free dining was released last year I jumped on it. Good luck everyone, I hope you get your free dining too.

My fam and I (5 of us) are headed to the World Oct 12-19th. Staying at PoP. We just booked our flights this week. We were too afraid to wait with fuel getting higher by the day. Roundtrip from Boston on Jetblue $250 which is about the same price I paid in for our last trip in Jan 2010 on Delta.

We have a room only discount in our ressies now from a pincode I got via e-mail a few months ago. Saved us only about $200 but better than nothing. I got another pin yesterday for a 4 night 5 day package; $403 per person but that is actually more than we are already paying (or pretty close to it) so..blah!

Crossing my fingers for free dining like the rest of you!

I'm going October 5-9 with my husband and we're really hoping for some kind of discount. I'd really love a room rate discount so that we can upgrade to a deluxe (currently look are POR or POFQ), but I would be happy with FD.

I ended up talking to a very nice CM yesterday and she told me the current codes out right now are only up for the rest of May. She *thinks* come first part of June the October codes will be released. She did tell me there will be a Saratoga Springs code (only for this resort it was a % off for a 10 day stay) released soon for first week of November. But yeah I need October! lol :rolleyes:

Im hoping they offer free dining as well. We plan on go to Disney 28 Oct-3 Nov. It would be helpful. Come on Disney open up free dining.:cheer2:

I hope they have some Free Dining for Oct. coming out or We will just have to miss going this year. We would love to see the Mouse, Vader and the rest of the Gang ( ESPECIALLY ROBIN HOOD ). Disney if you are watching please release Free Dining for Oct. so we can come and visit.

P.S.
How about if Robin Hood comes out and visit England in the World Showcase at Epcot. I need a picture and autograph.

Thank You
Jeff

I booked the "Kids Stay and Play" discount earlier for my early October stay, but desperately wanting FD!!!! This last offer was disappointing to say the least. Why such a short time frame? Oh well.... I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Hoping for FD as well for our 10/30-11/3 stay. I'm new to all of this, is there a way to be notified if/when a discount is released?

Hoping for FD as well for our 10/30-11/3 stay. I'm new to all of this, is there a way to be notified if/when a discount is released?

Just keep checking the Disney site and this site. Believe me, you will see it here faster then anything else possible!

I will be going to Disney 10/26 - 11/2 and staying at the Ft. Wilderness cabins. I am hoping for a discount code for room only for this stay.
I used one the last 2 years and it really saved me a lot..
Does anyone think there will be a code for the cabins coming out soon?

thanks
Bette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter