Is there an October 2011 codes watch?

Saw that there are new room discounts today...that end on October 1st!!! :eek: They're making me crazy, not extending anything past October, it's making me wonder if they are thinking October is going to be crazy this year, with the 40th anniversary and everything! REALLY praying for a pin code now...:cutie:

I have thought all along that they will come out with something for Oct 1st on because of the 40th Anniversary, we originally booked for Oct 23-29, then switched to Sept 29-Oct 5 for FD and now today made what I think will be our final change Sept 26-Oct 2.

We are saving $1196 from our original reservation for the end of Oct and will still be able to do MNSSHP, F&W and if there is a 40th Celebration on Oct 1st attend that too.

That was my impression...if you're two adults or two adults with two kids the hotel rate is the same....now does "kids play free" mean you'll save the ticket price (let's say 7 day, PH, WP, NoExp) of ~ $470 on the 3-9 yr old? We'll be past that being a good deal for us after '11.
We also will not benefit from the children stay and play for free. I might go ahead and book the room discount and than change as thing progresses. What is wrong with me? I can not believe that I was unaware that this is Disney World's 40th anniversary. I am still crossing my finger for them bringing back 4/3.

We're just starting to plan - haven't been there in over 10 years and now we have 2 kids to go, too!! We're thinking/hoping to go Oct1-8 and we are looking for a room-only discount (did the math and we won't eat as much as the dining plan costs).

We'll be there Oct 21st-30th and banking on free dining. Although we'll go either way, it would sure be nice to know food is taken care of. We've had FD the past 3 years and have told my sister nothing but good news about it. Well wouldnt you know she'll be bringing her and her family will be tagging along for the first time and with our luck FD won't be offered haha. Just our luck :rotfl2:

I'm sure they'll do somthing. Its just a matter of being patient. Glad I'm not alone in the waiting game though. :O)

I got tired (and nervous) from waiting. We rented points and are staying at BLT Oct 27-31. :goodvibes

I might as well jump in on this too. We are going in May for two weeks but we want to go again this fall as we are planning on growing our family next year and won't be able to get back down for at least two years. We have AP's which makes it a bit easier but we would still need a code or discount of some kind. We were thinking early September but that is a bit close to our May trip. October would be perfect.

i called today to use the new code for discounted room only deal.
this one ends october 1.

since i am staying thru oct 4th, i figured i would have to make 2 ressies due to the discount code and then using AAA for room only for the rest of my stay.

the cm on the phone told me i didn't have to make 2 separate ressies but could use the code for my entire stay.

i told her that's not what is listed on the disney special offer sections on their website.

she then told me i have a 40% pin code for room only rates for any resort as long as i book by feb 20.

i have been going to the motherland since 1974 and this is the first time i have ever received a special pin code.
i still can't believe it.....

i booked that baby so quickly.............:laughing:

i called back tonight and asked if i could add dining and still get my pin rate.

was told yes, as long as i purchased 2 day park tickets.

chi ching.........

added the other two items and still able to keep my pin code.

the second cm told me that on dec. 27, room only pin codes started to go out.

i dearly hope all of you can score and get that room pin code too!
i did not receive anything in the mail.
i found out by booking a room only today.

I'm booked with the kids free for September. But would pefer a free dining for October and bump to a moderate.

i called today to use the new code for discounted room only deal.
this one ends october 1.

since i am staying thru oct 4th, i figured i would have to make 2 ressies due to the discount code and then using AAA for room only for the rest of my stay.

the cm on the phone told me i didn't have to make 2 separate ressies but could use the code for my entire stay.

i told her that's not what is listed on the disney special offer sections on their website.

she then told me i have a 40% pin code for room only rates for any resort as long as i book by feb 20.

i have been going to the motherland since 1974 and this is the first time i have ever received a special pin code.
i still can't believe it.....

i booked that baby so quickly.............:laughing:

i called back tonight and asked if i could add dining and still get my pin rate.

was told yes, as long as i purchased 2 day park tickets.

chi ching.........

added the other two items and still able to keep my pin code.

the second cm told me that on dec. 27, room only pin codes started to go out.

i dearly hope all of you can score and get that room pin code too!
i did not receive anything in the mail.
i found out by booking a room only today.

We're kind of in the same situation. Our trip to celebrate the 40th anniversary of WDW runs from Sept. 29th to October 7th. The new room only discount only gives us a discount for the first three nights of our stay. So I called last night and applied the discount. Currently the last 5 nights of our stay Oct. 2nd to 7th are at full price. This particular discount couldn't be applied to the entire stay. You are lucky that you got a pin code that allowed the discount to be applied to the entire trip. I'm hoping that some other discount will come soon wether it be a pin code or an AP rate.

NEDAC, I still say you need to move your trip to coinside with my trip, lol. :)

We're kind of in the same situation. Our trip to celebrate the 40th anniversary of WDW runs from Sept. 29th to October 7th. The new room only discount only gives us a discount for the first three nights of our stay. So I called last night and applied the discount. Currently the last 5 nights of our stay Oct. 2nd to 7th are at full price. This particular discount couldn't be applied to the entire stay. You are lucky that you got a pin code that allowed the discount to be applied to the entire trip. I'm hoping that some other discount will come soon wether it be a pin code or an AP rate.

Good news, good news! After reading a few post on this thread I decided to call at lunch and see if a pin code was associated with my name or my wife's name and to my great surprise there was a 40% off pin code attached to my wife's name. Yay! Originally full price for standard view at WL was going to cost us $2722.50. with the 40% pin code it's going to cost us $1633.50. a savings of $1089!!! I tried to apply the same pin code to my parents' reservation, but the pin code is only good for my household. So I guess I'm still watching for another discount for them but I'm all set!

Good news, good news! After reading a few post on this thread I decided to call at lunch and see if a pin code was associated with my name or my wife's name and to my great surprise there was a 40% off pin code attached to my wife's name. Yay! Originally full price for standard view at WL was going to cost us $2722.50. with the 40% pin code it's going to cost us $1633.50. a savings of $1089!!! I tried to apply the same pin code to my parents' reservation, but the pin code is only good for my household. So I guess I'm still watching for another discount for them but I'm all set!

Congrats on the pin! You need to call back though and talk to another CM because what you were told is not true. You can book a second room with your pin as long as the dates and resort are the same as yours. My sister receives them all the time and very generously booked us with her for our 2009, 2010 and upcoming 2011 trips. Because we are travelling together she was able to book two rooms with her pin, even though the second room is in our names and paid for with our credit card. You should call back and tell the CM that you need two rooms and that you were told by another CM that you could only book one with your pin. You may not be able to apply it to an exising reservation in your parent's name. Maybe that was the problem. :confused3 Hopefully they can set you up. Good luck! :thumbsup2

We're planning our first ever trip for Oct 12-23rd and a room discount or FD would be great. Who do you call to find out if there's a pin code for you?

We're planning our first ever trip for Oct 12-23rd and a room discount or FD would be great. Who do you call to find out if there's a pin code for you?

Just call the central reservation number. Tell the CM your dates and ask if you have any codes attached to your name. Good luck!

I would love to go with another nut like myself, but I have to plan around school (I will have 2 in school) and work.

Fine... I will call and cehck my name too... you got me curious.

How many nights was that? Any tickets or dining in that price?

Congrats on the pin! You need to call back though and talk to another CM because what you were told is not true. You can book a second room with your pin as long as the dates and resort are the same as yours. My sister receives them all the time and very generously booked us with her for our 2009, 2010 and upcoming 2011 trips. Because we are travelling together she was able to book two rooms with her pin, even though the second room is in our names and paid for with our credit card. You should call back and tell the CM that you need two rooms and that you were told by another CM that you could only book one with your pin. You may not be able to apply it to an exising reservation in your parent's name. Maybe that was the problem. :confused3 Hopefully they can set you up. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Great that's what I'll do. I'll call and ask to add a second room to my pin code reservation. Then call back and cancel the previous reservation that my dad currently has.

No PIN for me...never thought to check DW's name though. The in-laws came with us last time and will be coming with us again...do you think it would be worthwhile checking their names?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter