• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there an app?

cakebakr

Earning My Ears
Somebody told me they had access to a disney mobile app on their iphone or some sort of mobile website that they could find very very very last minute cancellations on reservations and could get to eat at some really good in-demand places. Does anybody have any info on this?

The link the PP mentioned will get you a mobile version of the Disney Dining webpage. However, when our flight was canceled on Saturday and we couldn't get out of Disney until Tuesday morning (I know, such an awful thing to get snowed-in at Disney) I looked at the mobile version and opted to just use the regular Disney Dining website from my Droid 2. I was able to get Raglan Road, Flying Fish, Jiko (which we ended up canceling) and Boma for prime dinner times last minute. If I had given it more time to look at I may have used the mobile version, but at that point in time, after the stress of rescheduling our flight and getting a room, I didn't have the patience and just stuck with what I knew.

Somebody told me they had access to a disney mobile app on their iphone or some sort of mobile website that they could find very very very last minute cancellations on reservations and could get to eat at some really good in-demand places. Does anybody have any info on this?

I haven't seen what you are talking about - but here's what I did last trip.

Since the official app Mobile Magic isn't available for iPhone yet - I download the app Magic Guide (cost a couple dollars). It has all the restaurants and menus in a VERY searchable format - so if we wanted to try to get something - I could look around at what was close to see, see the menu, and then hit the link to CALL dining reservations to see what was available.

I was pretty happy with the app - maps, dining, wait times, park hours. I'm sure the official Mobile Magic one is great - but I still don't think it's available for the iPhone (come on, Disney!).

I used the mobile site linked above. Very easy to navigate on my iPhone (much easier than the standard site). I was able to book several popular spots at the last minute. (We do, however, tend to eat on the later side, but still within "prime time.") The site, in fact, showed availability while walk-ins were being turned away.

I love that site!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter