Is there a trick to getting someone to answer a phone at WDW reservations?

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
I have tried a few times over the past 2 days, spending upwards of an hour on hold and finally having to give up. All I want to do is make one simple change to my reservation!!! Right now I have been on hold for nearly 90 mins....ready to give up!

Lollipop's Mom said:
I have tried a few times over the past 2 days, spending upwards of an hour on hold and finally having to give up. All I want to do is make one simple change to my reservation!!! Right now I have been on hold for nearly 90 mins....ready to give up!

I am having the exact same problem! I've tried to call several times since Sunday and have waited on hold for 45+ minutes each time! Help us!

I'm assuming it is due to the influx of free dining reservations for the fall. I accidentally got sent to ticketing by the automated system, got through in 5 minutes and then they transferred directly to resorts. You could try that.

mommyof3princess27 said:
I dial 407-939-7639 and say agent through all the prompts even my name

I'll give it a try tomorrow morning. Thanks or the tip!

I also have just a few "housekeeping" things to take care of with our existing ressies.
Thanks for the tip, mommyof3princess27

I dial 407-939-7639 and say agent through all the prompts even my name

How does that make the wait shorter? It told me it would transfer me to an agent. The automated part was short compared to the hour & 15 mins I've been on hold. I thought of trying first thing in the morning but it would make me late for work.

This is really insane. If this were any other company, I'd be boycotting them in the future for such poor customer service.
It's nice having the music on speaker phone but I've been through the whole playlist and it's looping again. :headache: :rolleyes1

Does anyone know what time the reservation office closes?

I had to call about my room reservations and go a busy signal for 2 days whenever I called. Then held 1 time for 2 hours another of 1 hr 15 min and both times I had to hung up ... Finally got through last Sunday after 55 min wait. But since it was Sunday they couldn't do the changes??? Well they did them but said I wouldn't see them online until Monday because the travel company was not open when I called ( okay? ) finally today all the updates and changes were correct. I called today several times to make dining reservations and every time and line was busy, The iPad app was acting magical .. Go on a desk top and got it all done pretty quickly ... But since my first trip in 1988 it certainly has gotten busy and difficult to call in particular.

((( not to be crabby and it worked out in the end, but wish it was a better experience )))

Well, I finally got through tonight after 1 hr 25 mins. That's insane.
Then the agent struggled with getting into my reservation. She was eventually able to cancel it but said there is no cancellation # which I found strange. I'm hoping it all goes through fine and my deposit gets returned without having to call again.

If this is any indication as to how busy the parks will be for free dining, I'm even more glad we cancelled. We decided to sail on the Dream instead so in a way we're still getting free dining. :lmao: and free room service. ;) :cloud9:

Then I called SWA to change a flight and got through in around 5 mins.

i called today and just kept pressing 0 until it asked if i lived in Florida then said no, got through in 5 min

My general MO is to scream at the phone while it asks me 50 million questions I cannot answer because I'm from Canada and don't have a freakin' zip code. I've never waited all that long after yelling not so polite things at the automated system.

I promise I'm quite polite once I get a real person. That automated lady just gets under my skin.

I had to call about 4 times yesterday afternoon. Hold times ranged from 20-45 minutes. Most of the time someone picked up after 30 minutes.

so glad to have found this thread and will using it very soon! I called and booked a short 2 night stay before our cruise this October..they booked the wrong days! So I called right back and held for 1 hour (I ended up booking the correct days on-line) Then I called back the day after and held for 90 minutes waiting to cancel...had to leave and hang up. I thought initially it was the FD Frenzy, then I thought because I said "cancel a reservation" it put me in some eternal loop :rotfl: I really think they brought in a sub-contractor to handle the excess call volume they knew they would get with the release of FD. There was no offer for a survey, have a magical day, let me reconfirm the details with you.... nothing! Here's hoping we all get through! :wizard:

Sunday night, I called three different times and was on hold for like 20 minutes each before I gave up. Monday morning I called as soon as the phone line opened up and I got through immediately.

Yesterday morning I held for 30 minutes and had to hang up. In the evening I was speaking to someone within 10 minutes. Keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter