Is there a thread for people selling their house?

We met with our realtor today :sad1: she wants us to come down another 30 grand. DH said no but she pretty much said if we didn't make some kind of price adjustment she wouldnt represent us when the contract expires next month, because she doesn't want to pay to advertise if the house isn't selling. I understand her completely, but Im married to him so I gotta go along with him. I think he may come down 20 grand but I know he wont go lower than that. Im tired of this whole selling thing, I just want to get moved and restart already.

Anyone else have any good updates or news?

I have not read all the posts here. Long story short, I took over as PR of my parents estate in March, my DH & I ALONE cleaned out the house - it was FULL, believe me. It went on the market 11 August and we got our first offer last week. Since it went on the market we have dropped the price 3 times, a total of 26K, and it looks as though we will settle will another drop of $15K. It isn't making me happy, but it will be done and we will then be able to settle the estate. The alternative of keeping it up for sale or pulling it off the market doesn't really work for me. It's 2 hours away and winter's coming on. I agree with other posters - I just went with the "it will happen when it's supposed to happen", and hopefully it is. Good luck to everyone out there. It's a buyer's market, for sure.

I have not read all the posts here. Long story short, I took over as PR of my parents estate in March, my DH & I ALONE cleaned out the house - it was FULL, believe me. It went on the market 11 August and we got our first offer last week. Since it went on the market we have dropped the price 3 times, a total of 26K, and it looks as though we will settle will another drop of $15K. It isn't making me happy, but it will be done and we will then be able to settle the estate. The alternative of keeping it up for sale or pulling it off the market doesn't really work for me. It's 2 hours away and winter's coming on. I agree with other posters - I just went with the "it will happen when it's supposed to happen", and hopefully it is. od luck to everyone out there. It's a buyer's market, for sure.

Any updates?? Your situation sounds very much like what I just went through with my parents home. I feel such relief now that is over and I can put all this behind me.

Anyone else have any news on their home sales?

Here's the latest. The deal was accepted, the inspection was done and there are a couple of small details. We have to pump the septic (no problem) and then take the basement outlet off the breaker box - inspector says it is "illegal". I have news for him-not only is it legal, a master electrician put it in. BUT, we will change it. This went back and forth last week and on Saturday I told my realtor I am just over this. They either accept it as it is or I am finished and will not sell. I think he told the other realtor that, Sunday he called and said it will be accepted. Now I am waiting as they have until 5:00 pm tomorrow (Wed) to put down another $4000. I have not heard from the realtor since Sunday. I'm puzzled. I guess tomorrow will tell. I'll keep posting. I truly have stopped worrying about it. If it's meant to sell to this family, it will.

I am right there on this nerve wracking ride ! We have renovating for over 3 months getting ready to go to market on our old home while our new home was being constructed ( including a 3 week hotel stay). We are in our new home....but i can't enjoy it (or buy furniture) until we sell ! We had our first open house Sunday....had about 30 people, and an offer on Monday. It was a lowball offer $25 k under our asking price, and our relator advised to counter back with full price.....of course my stomach has been in knots ever since.....was it a horrible mistake ?? Time will tell.

Here's the latest. The deal was accepted, the inspection was done and there are a couple of small details. We have to pump the septic (no problem) and then take the basement outlet off the breaker box - inspector says it is "illegal". I have news for him-not only is it not legal, a master electrician put it in. BUT, we will change it. This went back and forth last week and on Saturday I told my realtor I am just over this. They either accept it as it is or I am finished and will not sell. I think he told the other realtor that, Sunday he called and said it will be accepted. Now I am waiting as they have until 5:00 pm tomorrow (Wed) to put down another $4000. I have not heard from the realtor since Sunday. I'm puzzled. I guess tomorrow will tell. I'll keep posting. I truly have stopped worrying about it. If it's meant to sell to this family, it will.

We had the back and forth thing with our buyers. It really got to the point of the ridiculous. We made concession after concession and they kept pushing...finally we said enough....no more..take it or leave it. They ended up buying but it was touch and go to the end. the buyer was acting like a jerk at the closing table. We couldnt believe it. The house is very nice and in better times would have sold in days for much more, with no fixing up. However, we had to look at the market and the prospect of how long it will take to recover. I figured we would put out monthly upkeep, utilities, taxes, insurance if we had kept it and tried for a higher price and even if we got a higher offer would have shelled out probably as much or more in monthly costs.

Judy,
Good luck with your house. I hope the deal goes through for you. I read on MSN that housing prices are starting to look better. I hope so. It is awful. I live in an area that is supposedly not being hit as hard as the rest of the nation....It is bad here so I can't imagine what other parts of the country are dealing with.

It will be 6 months on the market for us on Dec 1st. We had lots of showings, one offer that fell through the day after we accepted it, we were priced competitively and the house has a lot to offer. We had to get out of the contract for the other house we were building. With the change in the economy over the past couple of months, it just didn't make sense to even try to have two payments even if it might have been for a short time, there was nothing saying that the house would ever sell. It has been a ride more bumpy and with more ups and downs than the world's biggest roller coaster. We are heading down to WDW for a weekend trip, not to celebrate, but to bring a little magic back after a rough 6 months!

Good luck to anyone else trying to sell out there. It is a rough task right now, I do not envy anyone that has to do it. If you don't HAVE to sell, you're better off waiting this one out for a while!

aaakkkkk, she didn't counter our counter (and apparently got on a plane back to LA where she lives) so we have to have great thoughts about our next open house.

Good thoughts and vibes going out to all !

We met with our realtor today :sad1: she wants us to come down another 30 grand. DH said no but she pretty much said if we didn't make some kind of price adjustment she wouldnt represent us when the contract expires next month, because she doesn't want to pay to advertise if the house isn't selling. I understand her completely, but Im married to him so I gotta go along with him. I think he may come down 20 grand but I know he wont go lower than that. Im tired of this whole selling thing, I just want to get moved and restart already.

Anyone else have any good updates or news?

What part of Caroline are you in? We moved to Denton last year, and when we settled, 2 houses in our small sub-division were already in foreclosure. The bank really just gave they away. It is tough to compete against that.

In fact, our neighbors across the street just gave up trying to sell due to a job transfer. He will telecommute twice a week, and go over to the western shore the other 3 days...

We're still on track! I called the realtor late this afternoon and he had received the rest of the earnest money, so it's moving forward! Monday we will drive down - 2 hours - and be there to have the septic pumped and the rest of the furniture removed. As much as the realtor tries to reassure me, I will be keeping my fingers crossed until it's a done deal.

My sister called me today regarding mom's house. It is a small cape cod, 2+ garage. It is small but in a very good area of town, on a corner (double lot).

Sis said someone from the agency called with an offer. Mind you, we have lowered the price 3 times. It is now at $115,00, which is a great price for what they're getting.

Are you ready...the offer was $77,000!!!:rotfl:

Are these people for real??? The agent said, talk it over and maybe give a counter. I don't think that offer even justifies negotiating!:sad2:

TC:cool1:

We're still on track! I called the realtor late this afternoon and he had received the rest of the earnest money, so it's moving forward! Monday we will drive down - 2 hours - and be there to have the septic pumped and the rest of the furniture removed. As much as the realtor tries to reassure me, I will be keeping my fingers crossed until it's a done deal.

So....how did it go....

I am right there on this nerve wracking ride ! We have renovating for over 3 months getting ready to go to market on our old home while our new home was being constructed ( including a 3 week hotel stay). We are in our new home....but i can't enjoy it (or buy furniture) until we sell ! We had our first open house Sunday....had about 30 people, and an offer on Monday. It was a lowball offer $25 k under our asking price, and our relator advised to counter back with full price.....of course my stomach has been in knots ever since.....was it a horrible mistake ?? Time will tell.

I am in the same boat as you , I have had my house on the market since July and I have marked it down 30 grand it WONT sell LOL
I am in my new home and I want to buy new stuff for it but making 2 house payments is not your friend .
I am having trouble enjoying my new home and it is perfect . Just what we wanted down to the counters .

I have a 3-2-2 with a pool on a double corner lot with a mineral lease that pays 200 bucks a month it is worth 152K on the tax rolls. We had it repainted inside and out bought a new microwave and dishwasher after we moved out , had the foundation done for 8 K and someone offered me 68 GRAND can you believe that ??? When we counter offered he came back with a full price offer if I would ( please make sure you are not drinking when reading this) Replace the carpet ( it is less then 5 yrs old and I had it cleaned after we moved) have the outside repainted to a color his wife would get to chose , a new 30 year roof for 12 grand that he got to pick , have wallpaper hung in the kitchen :scared1:

REALLY????? We didnt even answer that one .

I am glad I found this thread , seems like there are alot of us out there going through the same thing .

I have had my house on the market since July and I have marked it down 30 grand it WONT sell LOL

I understand your frustration.:scared: We have a house for sale in Maine and we are renting a house in Arizona. Paying for two houses is a pain. We do not want to buy a new house until the other one is sold.

Our house has been on the market since May 1st. We haven't had a single offer, and only a few lookers. The open houses that the agent held weren't worth the effort either.

We've lowered the price three times, a total of $56,000. When our contract with the real estate agency expired after six months, we left the house off the market for a few weeks. We recently relisted with the same agency, so the house is now being marketed as a new listing. We had one showing last Sunday, but haven't heard anything, so I'm guessing nothing will result from it.

Our house in Maine is a beautiful expanded cape. It's five years old and has a lot of custom features, 3 huge bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, family room, formal dining room, full walk-out basement, screened in porch on back, farmer's porch on front, hardwood floors, new carpeting, laundry room, and 2 car garage. It has a free-form in-ground swimming pool, a shed, and is on a beautiful piece of land. Nobody is interested:confused:

I know times are tough for selling a house, and that in previous years it probably would have sold by now, and at a higher price.

Hang in there everyone! The houses will sell, the houses will sell...must stay positive...must stay positive...:rotfl:

well I almost feel bad.....but we accepted an offer yesterday, after 10 days on the market. We are happy with the price 12,000 less than asking, but still covers what we needed. We have inspection tomorrow....so we are still holding our breath a little.

Things must get better for everyone !

My house has been on the market for two months now, I just now found this thread and I was wondering if anyone was having the same problems as us. We have had it on the market for two months and have not even had A SHOWING! NOT EVEN A SHOWING!!!:headache:

Anyone else having problems?

My house has been on the market for two months now, I just now found this thread and I was wondering if anyone was having the same problems as us. We have had it on the market for two months and have not even had A SHOWING! NOT EVEN A SHOWING!!!:headache:

Anyone else having problems?

You admit your house is not staged and your pictures are poor.

You must change that!!! It is critical.

well I almost feel bad.....but we accepted an offer yesterday, after 10 days on the market. We are happy with the price 12,000 less than asking, but still covers what we needed. We have inspection tomorrow....so we are still holding our breath a little.

Things must get better for everyone !

Congrats!!

You admit your house is not staged and your pictures are poor.

You must change that!!! It is critical.

But...but...our house is practically empty (we moved out four months ago) and we have beautiful pictures on the MLS. We've had no offers and very few showings.:confused3

I agree with what you're saying, though. It is just a tough time to be selling a house.

But...but...our house is practically empty (we moved out four months ago) and we have beautiful pictures on the MLS. We've had no offers and very few showings.:confused3

I agree with what you're saying, though. It is just a tough time to be selling a house.

I am not talking to you. ;) I was talking to Ihearttinko4. You are mostly moved out so it doesn't matter.

Poor pictures of clutter on the MLS is not a way to get showings. Decluttering, staging, good pics are pretty critical right now.:thumbsup2

I can only say that by doing that you will increase your traffic. You only need 1 buyer.

As someone who sold in March and then bought in Sept...it is really nerve racking out there.
The feeling of buying a house as the economy crisis on TV was going on was very WEIRD.:scared:

People are very cautious and you have to put your best foot forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter