Is there a thread for people selling their house?

We lowered our price again by 7000,plus added an offer to help with buyers closing costs and new carpet of the buyers choice in the bedrooms. We started the summer with 11 or 12 houses in the hood for sale and now there are only 4. only a few were taken off the market. I think we really had to lower the price to come more into line with what the neighborhood was selling. I kept telling the realtor that. We are giving the Realtor 2 more weeks, with the new price and incentives, after 2 weeks we will reaccess and possibly change agents.

We have decided to paint the wallpaper in the kitchen and bathrooms. We are going to seal it with an oil based Kilz and then have the walls textured and then paint. I think it will make a big difference. Our realtor pointed out that every comment that was given on the house said something negative about the 70's wallpaper. i told him it was like kryptonite on the house.

Mom2piratenpooh......sorry to hear about your potential buyers walking away....did you keep the earnest $$. Did they give any reason to their Realtor? How frustrating!!

On a brighter note....I read an article on MSN home page that my city is #3 for "best place to still buy a home in America. I sure hope this holds true.

Anybody have any luck recently??

We had two showing last weekend which didn't amount to anything. No showings this weekend though. We have really been pretty fortunate w/the traffic we have had, just never the right buyer. Hope everyone is going to get lucky very soon.

Still nothing here in TN.
It went on the market with the original realtor in May 2007. We changed realtors in January 2008. We had one offer that was $22,000 below our payoff amount....and a couple dozens showings. We had another open house today which no one came to. I honestly think I'm done.
Oh....and at the price we are at now, we will walk away with nothing after closing costs and realtor fees.
Nice "investment" huh?

Well, I'm unsubscribing from this thread for 4 - 6 months. We're taking our listing off the market so we can relist again if/when the market improves. Our agent agrees that dropping our price $100,000 would be the minimum to sell and we can't do that and pay off the second mortgage and still have enough to build our new house etc.

The other similar house in our neighborhood that dropped in price still hasn't sold and they put $100,000 in upgrades over the summer. SO we wouldn't have a chance.

Personally, I'll be happy to give up the fancy furniture arrangements and worrying whenever the phone rings for showings etc. And this morning I interviewed for and got a job so I'm coming out of retirement to keep us from digging into our reserves. DH is happy! I guess I will be to see him happy and any money coming in during this economy is good!

The best of luck everyone!!!

It doesnt sound like anyone is having any success with their homes....

We have not had a showing since 09-08, even with the price drop and the incentives we are offering. I am hoping that things improve if this mess gets resolved (well not resolved but funded) in DC.

So we are disappointed to say the least. We got a call from our ds23 who is staying at the house telling us the AC was not working again. We had a new compressor installed in June. Thankfully the repair was under warranty. Oh and 2 weeks ago the fridge water line started seeping and it caused the wood flooring to slightly warp on the side of the fridge. I hope it levels back out when it dries, but it probably wont and we will replacing the flooring...

I need to get this behind me not only because of the constant needs of the house but I have been dealing with my mom's estate for almost a yr and I want closure with it all, if that is possible.

We accepted an offer on the house tonight. It came totally out of the blue. I decided to tackle the hall bath wallpaper today, after not having a showing for almost a month. I figured what the heck, no one will look at it.....I will have time to get the job done...I was so exicted when the paper came off so easy without damaging the wall....so DH and I get the walls totally stripped and decided to call it a day and paint on Sunday....We get home and a call comes in for a showing. I explained to the Realtor that it was fine to show the house but to expect a wreck in the bathroom. DH and I go to dinner and get a call from our Realtor that an offer is being made. The buyers asked us to pay their closing costs which amount to 7400, put new carpet in the secondary bedrooms, buy them a home warranty and come down 3000. We counter half of their closing, they counter half plus 1000. We agree. They already had a home inspection scheduled for Monday morning and want an Oct 21 closing. So....we had to come down another 6000 plus to sell but in todays market we decided to take it. Now to get through the next few weeks without any major glitches. I will keep you all posted.

Congrats!!
I'm so jealous!
We had a showing on Friday, and still are waiting for some feedback!
oh well....:confused3

Thank you!! We have 2 weeks of inspections and nail biting until this is a done deal. I still have things to pack up and move out of the house, one being my 22 yr old ds. He is not going to be a happy camper about this but he has been living there rent and utility free for 11 months.
Oh, and concerning the bathroom walls....The buyer didnt state that the walls needed to be painted in the contract and our realtor is saying just to leave them unpainted....I am very concerned about this. He has lead us down the garden path over the last 4 months and I dont want this to be a last minute bone of contention. Of course DH says he agrees with the Realtor and doesnt want to do anything with it because of all the concessions we had to make....I say we should at least put a tinted primer on it. What do you guys thing?:confused3
The clincher with this deal is that they want to close in 2 weeks....of course dh is going to be out of town for the majority of this time which leaves this in my hands. Oh well....at least it is under contract and we'll see what the roller coaster brings during the next 2 weeks.

CONGRATULATIONS Chris2597

I am so excited for you and hope you sail through the next two weeks and closing without a hitch!!

Now how about sending some of those positive vibes our way too!!:goodvibes :goodvibes :banana: We haven't had a showing for over two weeks, and we were showing at least one time a week before!

It is so good to hear a success on this thread!

We accepted an offer on the house tonight. It came totally out of the blue.

:thumbsup2 :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2: I'm so happy for you!!! Congratulations!!! I'm sending good thoughts your way and hoping everything goes smoothly!!!

We continue to have no luck with our house. A few weeks ago, our agent held ANOTHER open house and AGAIN not one person showed up. Of course, it didn't help that the open house was held during hurricane-like weather.:scared: We had another open house yesterday and again no interest.

We're heading up to Maine next week, so at least we still have a house to stay at. At this point, we are seriously considering taking the house off the market for a few months, then listing it again in March. And, if it still doesn't sell, we'll probably spend the summer there. I'd rather the house sells, though!

:cheer2: to more houses selling!!!

Hi all! Hopefully we close on our old house on Wed. We ended up accepting an offer for full price, but we pay for closing costs. Right now, the only hold up is the FHA re-inspection--I think that's tomorrow. I will feel SOOO much better when this is over!

Chris2597--If you have a chance, I would at least prime the bathroom. Mostly because I believe in karma and I think the buyer would appreciate it. Especially since they want to close in 2 weeks--I know that puts you under pressure, but just think, you could be off the hook so soon!

Hi all! Hopefully we close on our old house on Wed. We ended up accepting an offer for full price, but we pay for closing costs. Right now, the only hold up is the FHA re-inspection--I think that's tomorrow. I will feel SOOO much better when this is over!

Chris2597--If you have a chance, I would at least prime the bathroom. Mostly because I believe in karma and I think the buyer would appreciate it. Especially since they want to close in 2 weeks--I know that puts you under pressure, but just think, you could be off the hook so soon!

Hi
I spent the day painting the bathroom. I bought tinted Kilz interior paint at walmart. It worked so good. The bathroom looks great. I also thought that the new owners would appreciate having the bathroom completed even though they didnt ask for it in the contract.

We are working towards putting our house on the market. Our agent told us to get rid of clutter :scared1: Thats my whole house!!!! So we are boxing and cleaning, and touching up paint. Good luck to everyone who is selling

The initial home inspection is happening today. Our Realtor advised the buyers agent that we came down so much on the price and dont have any wiggle room for repairs, except for lender required. I dont know of any major problems. There are a couple of little things....like a couple of the closet sliding rollers stick....little things. I hope they want the house enough to take it as is. They are moving the area in 2 weeks and need a house....so they are under a time frame which might go in our favor.

We are working towards putting our house on the market. Our agent told us to get rid of clutter :scared1: Thats my whole house!!!! So we are boxing and cleaning, and touching up paint. Good luck to everyone who is selling

DITTO! We are trying to put ours on the market by the end of this month. We spent the entire weekend cleaning our bedroom(DECLUTTERING) and painting the greatroom/dining room. It is amazing how much stuff 2 people can accumulate over 9.5 years. :scared1:

COngrats to everyone who has a house sold or in the process!

We are lucky as we got an offer on Friday and accepted it on Saturday! It was a total suprise. On the market for 7 months and lowered the price by $20k just last month. Funny thing is, we know the buyer. He used to rent the property next to us and his bio brother is DH's fraternity brother! Since he "knows" us, he waived all inspections, so we just need the appraisal. I am hoping for a quick closing so we can be done with this place and actually enjoy life for awhile.:banana:

Sending positive vibes and pixie dust to everyone out there. I know how tough it can be, but your house will sell when the time is right. Positive thinking!:wizard:

This has been a huge roller coaster ride last week. We accepted their offer last Saturday and they had an inspection on Monday...The inspector said the AC was not working properly and the roof had hail damage....So we called the AC company to the house that replaced the compressor in June and he reported that the AC was functioning perfectly. I called the homeowners insurance and reported that the roof had hail damage. My dh, our Realtor and an independent roofer met the insurance adjuster at the house to look at the roof yesterday and found that their is very minor/small damage but the roof was deemed fine by the adjuster and the roofer. I think we are being "worked over" a bit and it doesnt feel good. I will be so happy when this is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter