Is there a "rope drop" during MM?

BritBrit

Earning My Ears
Is there still a rope drop during MM, or do you have free reign once inside the turnstiles? Is there a recommended line/turnstile to use if our plans are to "walk with purpose" to PP during MM?

It depends. I've done a half dozen MM's this year, and it seems to be ran a little different every time. Sometimes they start letting people through the turnstiles 15 minutes early, and then do a rope drop on Main St. Other times they don't even start checking tickets until 2 minutes after. I prefer the rope drop method, because it keeps you from getting stuck behind multiple groups that need their pass pictures taken etc.

I'm not really sure why the morning process varies as much as it does. Maybe different people in charge on different days? Who knows. Just get there 30 min prior to MM and you should be toward the front. And if you're going to Peter Pan, GO STRAIGHT THERE. That is the one ride in both parks that never has a slow time. Not even during MM/ EMH. Your only chance for a short wait on that one is to be one of the first there. The wait can easily be 25-30 min within about 5 minutes of opening.

It depends. I've done a half dozen MM's this year, and it seems to be ran a little different every time. Sometimes they start letting people through the turnstiles 15 minutes early, and then do a rope drop on Main St. Other times they don't even start checking tickets until 2 minutes after. I prefer the rope drop method, because it keeps you from getting stuck behind multiple groups that need their pass pictures taken etc.

I'm not really sure why the morning process varies as much as it does. Maybe different people in charge on different days? Who knows. Just get there 30 min prior to MM and you should be toward the front. And if you're going to Peter Pan, GO STRAIGHT THERE. That is the one ride in both parks that never has a slow time. Not even during MM/ EMH. Your only chance for a short wait on that one is to be one of the first there. The wait can easily be 25-30 min within about 5 minutes of opening.

This is so right. It's kinda crazy how the morning procedure changes from day to day. We did 2 early entries in DL in Oct, one had a rope at the hub in front of each land, one did not and they just let us in right at EE time. Also second Sith with just be there at least 30 mins early.

I asked a CM about this last week and they had a great answer: there is a rope drop sometimes, only when there is something on the stage. So if there is a work truck somewhere in Fantasy land (or Tomorrow Land) they will put the rope up, and the non-stage staff/items will be gone by rope drop. We were wondering too as over the week, rope drop in the park seemed random to us.

In deecmeber I have always had rope drop. as for PP, stay left, as families gather to staty toghether on the TMWL side then split. If you enter by gate, then dont worry about pace of walkt to PP, stop for that castle photo and ride PP twice. Oh how I wish for a gate entry in December!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter