Is there a really big difference between value and moderates?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
I am looking at the prices and the vaule hotels are SO much cheaper than the moderates. What would I miss in the moderate, if I went with a value?

No Tableservice dining,no bar,no fridge,no queen size bed, noise, transpo options,views,gardens,etc......smaller rooms. mainly just less frills and more kids. Bus transpo only.

if just a place to sleep.go value...

if you want to enjoy resort a bit more...go moderate

I think a lot of it is to do with personal preference. I know that our family spends so little time in the resort that we like the pricing of the values, specifically Pop. Our first stay onsite was at POR and we like the layout and atmosphere at Pop better.

Will

value to mod isnt so bad....

price going from mod to a deluxe...ouch.sticker shock.

We are DVC members are usually stay in those rooms, we have never stayed in a hotel room before. But I am planning a surprise trip for just my son and I, and I don't want to waste points on just the two of us. When I priced out the timeframe, it was like $490 for a value and $1090 for POR. That is a really big difference. That is why I wondered what the bif difference is.

What mods have that values do not: queen size beds (except CBR) rather than doubles, fridge and coffee makers in room, double vanities, slide at pool, TS restaurant (except POFQ but they share with POR), water sports, hot tubs, and larger rooms square foot wise (not enough to notice much IMO). Thats everything I can think of.

POR and POFQ also have a boat to DTD which is very nice - I dread the trip to DTD when having to use the buses.

I think the price jump from value to mod is worth the difference, but its hard for me to justify the jump from mod to deluxe.

I wonder what type of room they priced at POR? Was it a standard view, preferred or River view? That may account for the large price spread.

POR is our fav moderate. We like the mansion section. IMO POR has lots to offer, the boat to DTD, Marina with boat & bike rentals, evening entertainment in the lounge, Horse & Carriage rides, Great food court, and beautiful theming & landscapping. Moderates also have the option of quiet pools and hot tubs. In addition moderates have multiple bus stops with roofs & seating so you don't have to wait out in the broiling sun or rain, and there will be a bus stop near your room.

What mods have that values do not: queen size beds (except CBR) rather than doubles, fridge and coffee makers in room, double vanities, slide at pool, TS restaurant (except POFQ but they share with POR), water sports, hot tubs, and larger rooms square foot wise (not enough to notice much IMO). Thats everything I can think of.

POR and POFQ also have a boat to DTD which is very nice - I dread the trip to DTD when having to use the buses.

I think the price jump from value to mod is worth the difference, but its hard for me to justify the jump from mod to deluxe.

One of my favorite "perks" at a mod is the covered bus stops. I loved Pop but having to stand in the full-on direct sun in the middle of a concrete ocean while waiting for a bus to the parks just pretty much kills it for me. Nothing like melting away and getting hot, sweaty and cranky before 9 am. Mods have multiple covered bus stops with bench seats.

I think the biggest differences room size, moderates are quite a bit bigger and most have now been refurbished with queen beds. Also moderates come with fridges at no extra cost, Coronado Springs even has free wifi. If the difference is as significant between moderate and value as between deluxe and moderate(we've done both) then spend the extra if it's in your budget and enjoy more space that's offered with moderate

I wonder what type of room they priced at POR? Was it a standard view, preferred or River view? That may account for the large price spread.

POR is our fav moderate. We like the mansion section. IMO POR has lots to offer, the boat to DTD, Marina with boat & bike rentals, evening entertainment in the lounge, Horse & Carriage rides, Great food court, and beautiful theming & landscapping. Moderates also have the option of quiet pools and hot tubs. In addition moderates have multiple bus stops with roofs & seating so you don't have to wait out in the broiling sun or rain, and there will be a bus stop near your room.

One of my favorite "perks" at a mod is the covered bus stops. I loved Pop but having to stand in the full-on direct sun in the middle of a concrete ocean while waiting for a bus to the parks just pretty much kills it for me. Nothing like melting away and getting hot, sweaty and cranky before 9 am. Mods have multiple covered bus stops with bench seats.

I think this sealed the deal for me. :goodvibes

Wow- I had no idea about this one! Is this true of all the values, or just Pop? I never knew a covered bus stop was something I've been taking for granted! It's definitely nice, expecially if there's a wait involved...

I just thought though.....I am going in February. So pools and covered bus stops might not be that big of a deal.......

We're going mod next time for the pool with waterslide and hot tub, queen beds, fridge, free wifi, and the better transportation (covered bus stops around the resort!) . . . and because the free dining plan was the Regular Plan. (If we were to stay at a Value, the free dining plan would've been Quick Service only.)

I didn't know about free wifi, but my children clearly know that at values there is no hot tub or slide for the pool.

We've stayed value and moderate and I have to tell you that they are like two different vacations. Values are FUN! We LOVE the over the top statues, Mickey and friends statues everywhere. It screamed Disney to us!

When our third child turned 3 we weren't able to stay at a value (cheaply) so we moved over to POR. We actually missed all the Disney over the top stuff, but POR was so relaxing. It was like coming back from the parks and feeling like you were in a different world.

To me, we are never in our rooms and don't care about room size, but the kids LOVE the waterslides so mods work best for us :)

for a trip with just one other person in feb I would think about hoe long i will be in the room, if not very long or just too sleep the saving is worth it. Also in feb the sun is not that bad that a covered bus stop is inportant. As a dvc member you would probley be disapoint in going down that far to a value. Good kuck and have fun

You also consider how many people will be in the room. We did POP Century with two toddlers (total of 4) and it was a bit crowded (stroller, porta crib, etc.).

We have stayed at value, moderate, and deluxe. Each time we have enjoyed our stay. When we have stayed value resorts, we spend less time at the room and resort. When we stay at Deluxe, we spend more time enjoying the resort.

I prefer the food court at POP Century over the moderates (and even deluxes).

I know this is a stupid question, but are the room kept up as well at the vaules as they are at the moderates? I just don't want to stay somewhere dirty, that is all that really matters to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter