• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a movie you love that's not your normal genre?

Beth76

DIS Veteran
I was watching The Hunt for Red October earlier--one of my favorite movies!!!But I don't really like the military/war action movies. But this movie is just awesome. I never get tired of watching it. And as much as I love Harrison Ford, this is by far my favorite Jack Ryan movie.

Young Guns and Young Guns II are two westerns that I love and I hate westerns. Also I hate Star Trek and sci-fi, but I love Star Trek IV, which DH tells me is the most hated of the Star Trek movies by trekkies. :rotfl:

Stephen King's Secret Window. Usually I don't like creepy movies but I love this one and of course I love the star! :love: :teeth:

Xanadu. It's the only musical I enjoy. But not the only cheesy movie I enjoy! :rotfl:

I love the Young Guns movies too, and am not a Western fan. Along that line, I also like Unforgiven once I watched it, but I had to be dragged to the theater to see it.

The Devil's Advocate. I don't usually like movies dealing with Satan, but I LOVE this movie...

For the most part I stay far, far away from chic flicks, but there is one that I actualy do like - Pride and Prejudice (the A&E, BBC 5 part version). My brother sent it to me one Christmas about 9 years ago, and when I opened it, I thought, you have got to be kidding me. But after watching it with my wife, I couldn't believe how good it was. Since then we have watched it at least 7 or 8 times.

Shawshank Redemption! Prison movies are definitely not my normal genre, but I LOVE Shawshank, I've watched it SO many times, but still stop to watch it again if I find it on TV.

I am not a big fan of dramas in general, but I absolutely love Cider House Rules and Whale Rider.

I also am not much for romantic comedy, but I watch Love Actually almost every month. I also like Bridget Jones's Diary and Bend It Like Beckham and that's about my limit on that type of movie.

I liked "The Bourne Supremacy," even though it was more of a "guy" movie than I usually like. Although I don't really like most "girly" movies that much either. :confused3 I guess I just like normal comedies and dramas. :)

Crimson Tide - I don't usually like the war-type films either but loved this one :)

WaltD4Me said:
Shawshank Redemption! Prison movies are definitely not my normal genre, but I LOVE Shawshank, I've watched it SO many times, but still stop to watch it again if I find it on TV.
Have you ever watched The Green Mile with Tom Hanks? It's an absolutely awesome movie, based on a Stephen King story. I loved Shawshank Redemption also, and I don't usually like prison movies, OR Stephen King novels made into movies!

I have to agree with Beth; The Hunt for Red October is one of my favorite movies. It ws the first DVD that I owned. I also really like Patton.

Sandy

I don't generally enjoy movies that are just kind of stupid, but I love A Mighty Wind and Napoleon Dynamite!

I also agree with maddiemouse, The Green Mile is (IMO) one of the best prison movies ever made. My parents loved it, too. My Dad had no clue it was a Steven King movie until I told him about it after we watched it.

28 Days Later. I am absolutely terrified of any movie that has zombies/horror/blood, but this movie I can even watch by myself, and it doesn't terrify me as much. (But that doesn't mean it didn't creep me out the first time I saw it :blush: )

Die Hard and Die Hard 2, I usually don't like shoot 'em up movies, but I like this one. I think its that the wife is such a strong character in the movies is the reason I like it.

I'd have to go with Young Guns, too. I usually hate westerns.

Beth76 said:
Also I hate Star Trek and sci-fi, but I love Star Trek IV, which DH tells me is the most hated of the Star Trek movies by trekkies. :rotfl:

I thought V (Kirk meets God) was the worst, and most hated, Trek picture.

I'm not a big chick flik fan but When Harry Met Sally and Ever After are two of my favorite movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter