• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a "magic" time for cancelations?

nascarelbert

Earning My Ears
I was doing some morning "stalking" of reservations for character meals this morning for a semi-last minute trip we're doing the week after Thanksgiving, and EVERYTHING was available...seriously, every character meal for the couple of the days/times I checked. Multiple time options, too (ie, dinner at CRT at 7:00, 7:15, and 7:30). This is after checking multiple times over the past week with virtually no success.

Did I stumble upon something that might repeat itself? Is there a "magic window" for cancelations or did something very bizarre happen here?

I was doing some morning "stalking" of reservations for character meals this morning for a semi-last minute trip we're doing the week after Thanksgiving, and EVERYTHING was available...seriously, every character meal for the couple of the days/times I checked. Multiple time options, too (ie, dinner at CRT at 7:00, 7:15, and 7:30). This is after checking multiple times over the past week with virtually no success.

Did I stumble upon something that might repeat itself? Is there a "magic window" for cancelations or did something very bizarre happen here?

I too have been stalking Disney Dining for days looking for some of those prized reservations. This morning after trying REPEATEDLY (literally, I have probably tried over 300 times for CRT), I could have anything I wanted for about a 20 minute window. It didn't seem reasonable so after I snagged up what I wanted, I called Disney Dining. Frankly, I was worried it was a computer glitch and my ressie wasn't really a "real reservation". The CM on the phone said "oh, they must have just been released".

Not sure if that will happen again for that same time period but I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

I check several times a day too and never see anything for the two I'm hoping for!! We are going the same week as you

Wasn't that amazing??? I couldn't believe the openings I saw! I've never even seen CRT openings before LOL! Of course, I have boys who aren't interested in princesses and character dining! I'm sure there were many happy folks this morning!

Yep, I lucked into that too. Couldn't believe my eyes...I didn't think there was way that there were THAT many prized ADRs available at once! They were gone in a flash. I snagged a Chef Mickey's that I'd been trying to get for a long time.

I made ADRs 180 days out with a just a general idea of our park plans, and I have spent some time the past 2 weeks fine tuning now that our plans have firmed up. My best luck has been around lunch time EST. Perhaps there are many Disers that spend their lunch hours shuffling their ADRs! I tried for the first time early this morning because I saw a message from someone who had recommended early mornings and late nights. What great advice!! :thumbsup2

Couple weeks ago there was a similar situation with multiple open ADRs for character and other meals like O'hana. It happened in October after a major system update when reservations were down for 2 days. The system was back around 7 PM and at 1 AM suddenly all ADRs (except BOG) were available for all times for about 15 min. I noticed that system was down for maintenance again last night (not sure for how long). When I checked at 6 AM this morning system was back online but I did not notice any unusual availability. So it took some time from system being back online until ADRs popped in today at 7:30 AM. I doubt that it happens after each "system is down for maintenance" message, but maybe glitch like that is slightly more likely after a system update. There are also past threads about unusual ADRs availability- it has happened before... I guess we have to keep checking.

I've always wondered if they released ADRs in blocks. It would make sense to open so many up at 6 months, 3, months, 1 month, etc. That way early planners can make reservations but not take them all neccessarily.

There have been times were I checked for LC every day like 10 times and nothing and then one day check and there be 3 dinner ADRs. It seems odd that within hours 3 people cancelled. But it definitely could happen. So I don't know.

I think they're released back as people do their cancellations. I just canceled two ADR's and when I went online to check for a different resort, the reservations I canceled popped up.

I'm still hoping someone cancels O'hana for the time and date we need as we get closer to our arrival time.

I keep checking for a CP pre opening breakfast...but so far no luck. Gonna keep checking tho!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter