• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

is there a kind of unspoken snobbery between resorts?

I respect veterans enough to let them in front of me in line.

Doesn't seem like a hard thing to do. US Military ID's are not something you see a whole lot of fakes of going around.

You have a valid Military ID, front of the line for you and your immediate family.

This would not be a case of people going to City Hall and getting a pass....the official Military ID IS the pass.

Do you realize how many active duty military and veterans there are, and how many of them go to Disney World everyday? It's fine to let one in front of you every now and again, but if there were designated front of the line passes for every veteran and his/her immediate family, it would overwhelm the system. It's a nice idea, but not the most practical.

Do you realize how many active duty military and veterans there are, and how many of them go to Disney World everyday? It's fine to let one in front of you every now and again, but if there were designated front of the line passes for every veteran and his/her immediate family, it would overwhelm the system. It's a nice idea, but not the most practical.

Actually, I said the term 'veterans', but then qualified it to mean veterans with a Military ID, which would of course limit it to Active duty and Retirees.

Sorry for my misuse of terms, my mistake.

I don't think giving front of the line to active duty and retirees would clog anything.

Edited to add: In no way shape or form would I ever expect, or think Disney should, to do anything like this. I'm just saying I PERSONALLY would not mind.

We've stayed at a multitude of resorts. Never a Value, but I wouldn't mind trying AOA. I probably wouldn't enjoy any other Value. The thing is, once you stay at a Deluxe, you feel so spoiled by all the amenities it offers that Moderates and Values don't even compare to it. You just don't feel Moderates and Values fit the par.

I don't think that is true of all guests. I have stayed at all levels, and I have never felt my vacation was somehow less or inferior when I stayed at a value or moderate resort.

As far as allowing veterans some sort of front of the line privilege goes, as well meaning as it may be, it would be a nightmare. First would be deciding who really qualifies, second would be making them prove they qualify. Third would be everyone in line who gets hostile by someone "cutting" them. People yell at those who pass them in the Fast Pass line, not to mention how mad people get by those who they think gain an advantage by using an ECV. Getting yelled at as you walk by a bunch of people waiting in line would not be very magical.:(

I don't think it's snobbery to put deluxe buses closer to the entrance. Deluxe should mean that guests get the most convenient and luxurious treatment.

Like I said, I don't think it's snobbery to put the deluxe buses near the entrance, not because a deluxe guest deserves more but just because the sheer number of guests staying on value needs the extra space being by the end of the bus station gives them.

BTW special treatment for me would be if they served complimentary refreshments/snacks on the deluxe buses. Having to walk 100 feet instead of 200 is not special treatment nor a perk, it's just a matter of logistics.

Just spoke to DH and he thinks Shades of Greens should always have the first bus stop just as a sign of respect to our veterans. He's not saying that because he's a veteran either. He's just grateful for their service.

I'm for that idea.:thumbsup2

I did an all resorts, no parks trip a few years ago. I used parks buses to get to the resorts and just picked the first parks bus that came along.

Both days I went to GF/CR/Poly, the buses were the most remotely located at DHS. Did not matter.

I did an all resorts, no parks trip a few years ago. I used parks buses to get to the resorts and just picked the first parks bus that came along.

Both days I went to GF/CR/Poly, the buses were the most remotely located at DHS. Did not matter.

that sounds like fun.
Did you simply visit other resorts,or actually stay at a variety of resorts?:wave2:

I don't think it's snobbery to put deluxe buses closer to the entrance. Deluxe should mean that guests get the most convenient and luxurious treatment.

You are paying for the resort to be deluxe, not the bus service. I think it is that way on purpose, so not to have some kind of obvious class distinction between deluxe/moderate/value guests.

In fact, I have found the deluxe resorts to have some of the worst bus service I've run into during my stays at WDW.

That sounds amazing. I would totally spend a day doing that.

@Maxie's Mom---I only mean it would make sense to me to have the deluxe buses closer to the entrance. To be honest, we like to stay on the monorail whenever possible. When we don't we rent a car, so my bus experience is limited.

@Maxie's Mom---I only mean it would make sense to me to have the deluxe buses closer to the entrance. To be honest, we like to stay on the monorail whenever possible. When we don't we rent a car, so my bus experience is limited.

To Disney bus service is bus service. Having better bus service, or stops closer to the park entrance, is not part of the price you pay for staying at a deluxe resort. Bus service is totally separate from resort services.

Also, they are known to shuffle the stops around a bit, if they need to do some repairs at them. I know too that many times the bus will drop us off at whatever spot is handy, not necessarily the one dedicated to that resort.

Your last sentence,so true.:goodvibes

I think my own personal experiences seem to have rarely been repeated with others,so that's good.
I remember quite clearly though when we first stayed at pop,a dvc rep actually told my ds we were in a value resort,and we should aim higher.
I was not impressed,and obviously scarred :rotfl:

I think naming resorts value,moderate and deluxe is obviously descriptive,but in no way an actual reflection of a Disney resort stay.

That DVC rep had a lot to learn. Obviously, Disney is very very good at getting people to part with their money in many ways, but comments like that are not typical.

I know for a fact that the CM's internal code for value resorts is "the projects".

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I know for a fact that the CM's internal code for value resorts is "the projects".

Not really impressed by this. We have stayed all levels usually Deluxe, sometimes moderate but one trip we did stay at Pop because that is where our friends could afford to go. I never felt like we were in " the projects", just a great resort that seemed to have a great vibe. All I can say is shame on those CM's.

That's ridiculous cause you can certainly get a cheaper rate at the econolodge! Lol

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

Not really impressed by this. We have stayed all levels usually Deluxe, sometimes moderate but one trip we did stay at Pop because that is where our friends could afford to go. I never felt like we were in " the projects", just a great resort that seemed to have a great vibe. All I can say is shame on those CM's.

Yes,that's disgraceful.
I'm in the UK,so have never been to the projects.
Only heard/ seen on tv.
Obviously,there are deprived areas throughout UK also,but I have never felt that vibe anywhere anywhere on value property.
In fact,my dh loved all star movies better than por (aside from the pasta!):)

That's ridiculous cause you can certainly get a cheaper rate at the econolodge! Lol

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

Yes,that's disgraceful.
I'm in the UK,so have never been to the projects.
Only heard/ seen on tv.
Obviously,there are deprived areas throughout UK also,but I have never felt that vibe anywhere anywhere on value property.
In fact,my dh loved all star movies better than por (aside from the pasta!):)

Everyone......

This is America. We don't HAVE to respond to every post.

Can't we all just ignore one every once in a while?

Everyone......

This is America. We don't HAVE to respond to every post.

Can't we all just ignore one every once in a while?

Especially when that poster is just trying to get a rise out of all of us??? I don't for one minute believe the CMs call the value resorts The Projects.

Don't feed the troll!!!!

Especially when that poster is just trying to get a rise out of all of us??? I don't for one minute believe the CMs call the value resorts The Projects.

Don't feed the troll!!!!

Wasn't trolling, just sharing a tidbit I was told by a CM friend many moons ago.

Then those cm's have likely never been to a real "project" and their ignorance will likely not have them going too far up the ladder of life. Good thing those cm's who coined that term don't have to pay for a family of four to fly 3600 miles round trip, stay up to 14 nights and feed two teenagers to get to WDW or they might find themselves staying in the projects like my family has done many times over the years.:)

Bottom line, when I am at WDW I have never seen or experienced snobbery or a distinction of service regardless of level I have stayed. The cm's at the values have always been great and from the minute I tell the ME cm's at MCO what resort I am staying at, I feel like I am a valued guest. No matter where I stay. One of the things I love about WDW!

I will also say that the people I bus with from my resort to the parks all look pretty much the same regardless of where I am staying.

Now does this mean I haven't come across some people that are shall we say a bit tacky or rude? Not at all. Like everywhere else, they are at WDW but lucky for all of us, they stay at all levels! Just like really nice people who outnumber the other kind by quite a bit. Thank goodness!

As far as attitude, be it snobbery or defensive behavior, well on the disboards, that's a different story. Its very easy to put on airs, have a chip on your shoulder or anything in between when you are just writing it down on a message forum.

The last time I was at WDW I was staying at the Poly. I had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at GF. They asked me at the podium where I was staying. I was dining with family that was staying at POFQ but I had made the reservation. I wondered afterwards why they cared where i was staying. I had never had anyone ask before. It wasn't like they were making small talk. They weren't overly friendly and not chatty at all. Just how many and what resort are you staying at. Seemed like they had a reason for asking but I still have no idea what it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter