• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a good Marriott Downtown Disney?

PolyHereWeCome

DIS Veteran
Have always stayed on site but we're looking to save some $$ and this time stay a few days for free using our Marriott points.

Anyone recommend a good Marriott in downtown Disney -- we're hoping to not have to rent a car but still get to resorts for meals and parks.

THANK YOU!

No Marriott in DTD anymore. There are several near there but I would want a car. Marriott Village has a nice Courtyard, Springfield and Fairfield. (Lake Buena Vista)

There is a nice Courtyard by Marriott in Lake Buena Vista few blocks from Downtown Disney. Check out Marriott web site I think this is the closest Marriott brand to DD.:)

I believe the Courtyard by Marriott in Lake Buena Vista was converted to a Holiday Inn. I'm talking about the one that was on Hotel Plaza Blvd, adjacent the Hilton, one block from DTD. It was closed for a year for extensive renovations.

BobK/Orlando

I believe it was a Courtyard we stayed at just off 535 very near DTD. It was a bit noisy, but otherwise quite nice. As suggested, the Marriott website would be the best place to get started, then you can ask for reviews of the ones you are considering.

Sheila

Have always stayed on site but we're looking to save some $$ and this time stay a few days for free using our Marriott points.

Anyone recommend a good Marriott in downtown Disney -- we're hoping to not have to rent a car but still get to resorts for meals and parks.

THANK YOU!

The Marriott Village is on Vineland Avenue and has a Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites and a Courtyard in it. It's only a few minutes from DTD. I've stayed at the Fairfield and Springhill and can't praise them highly enough.

Marriott Orlando World Center is nice but they charge you to park and then they make you park so far away you need a shuttle. Just burns me up.

I think the shuttle costs extra there too. (That one is big on "extra charges" Resort fee, parking fee etc)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter