• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a good free computer program like spy sweeper?

zaja

Mouseketeer
My spy sweeper's about to run out. Is there a good free program to download? Thanks.

Try windows defender from Microsoft or AVG - they have a free version that is pretty robust.

We use Adaware from Lavasoft -- it was recommended by the techies at our computer shop

I like Crap Cleaner. Seriously, that's what it's called! You'll have to google it, I don't remember where I found it, but it's one of my favorite free programs...

they call it CCleaner now.

I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to clean out computers here at work. If you go to Download.com , you will see some of the programs listed here are in the top 10 downloaded (Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes, etc.). They are all free and Download.com is a reputable site to download from.

Speed :teleport:

I use Adaware, Avast and SuperAnti Spyware. I you to help in a school wtih IT and we found not one program will remove everything so we implied more than one program to help remove spyware and malware.

Spybot.com it is free. I had to have a new hardrive installed on my computer a few years ago and the computer guy I took it too installed Spybot on my computer for me to clean out the trojans, adware, worms etc. It is free. They offer a spot for donations. I also use Avast for my antivirus.

I just installed it on my mom and sister's computers and found 75+ trojans, adware etc on one computer.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter