• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

is there a free dining watch thread for fall?

Thanks so much. Since I posted and I have that setting to watch threads I post to, it was already set to watch. I also received an email from your response so I know it is working. LOL! I appreciate your help. I am just hoping to get a heads up on any Free Dining.

In the right hand corner right above the first post on each page there is a "Watch Thread." Just click it and it will ask you a question. Then after that you "should" get notifications when there is a new response although that doesn't always work. But if you click on the "Watched Threads" at the top of your page after you log in, it will show you the threads that have unread content first.

I've just been watching this thread but wanted to clear up the notifications issue. If you get an email/notification about a new post on a thread but then don't go to that thread to read the new post you won't get anymore notifications until you "catch up" on the thread. Not sure if that makes sense but hopefully it does.

Yes, that makes sense and thanks for posting this. I would have just read the post in the email notifications. I appreciate your tip.

I hope so! But I'm going to guess that we won't be hearing for a little bit longer. The past 3 years the free dining offer has been released on either the 18th or 19th week of the year (5/9/13, 5/7/14, 4/26/15). If we assume the same holds true for this year, we probably won't see it offered until somewhere between 5/2 - 5/9. But rumors for the dates usually circulate a little bit before then. . .

Excellent! That would line up with the 5/2 release to the general public - since we usually get the discount anywhere from 3-7 days after the Visa card holders. Breaking into my happy dance!!

Does anyone know where these Disney Visa rumors come from? I called Disney Visa and Disney Rewards. I never get notifications. I called the reservation line as well. I am a Travel Agent and contacted my BDM and I have a Disney agent log on. I just never get any advanced notice on specials. I am interested in booking my family, but also have two clients waiting. I jut cannot seem to get any info.

Disney is very hush hush, they won't tell you anything if you call. Most reputable agencies won't spread rumor info either. There won't be anything in advance in DTA online either for you to access. The discount will just suddenly show up in the drop down options. I usually encourage my clients to go ahead and book at a price they are comfortable with and then if a discount comes out we can add it. I give them my best guess of potential discounts but make sure they know that it is just a guess and no guarantees.

Can you get free dining with room only reservation if you have aps?
You need to book a package that includes a minimum two day tickets with hopper or waterpark, but you can always save those tickets and use them another time. That's what we do when we have AP's but take advantage of free dining.

Does anyone know for instance if free dining comes out for Friday, August 26th but we arrive on the 22nd, can I do a room only for those days. Then, do a free dining package on the 26th but pick up the tickets early on the 22nd so that we can go to the parks those days too? And if this is doable, how do the fast passes work? I assume we couldn't make them for the days we pick them up early that aren't part of the package?!! Any help would be great!! Thanks

Does anyone know for instance if free dining comes out for Friday, August 26th but we arrive on the 22nd, can I do a room only for those days. Then, do a free dining package on the 26th but pick up the tickets early on the 22nd so that we can go to the parks those days too? And if this is doable, how do the fast passes work? I assume we couldn't make them for the days we pick them up early that aren't part of the package?!! Any help would be great!! Thanks
You absolutely can do that. Last year we received both sets of magic bands ahead of time. But when we checked in they said it would just be auto loaded onto our originals.

In the past, there have been blackout dates for the free dining. Does anyone know if there is a rhyme or reason to these or are they random dates? For example, is the Jersey week usually blocked out?

We've been going over everything and looking at past black out dates. We went the first week of November last year but checked in Oct. 30 so we qualified for the free dining. It may be just me, but I don't think the black out is actually a result of what every one is calling "Jersey week". (we pick that week because our kids had scheduled 2 days off and the same with this year - we have election day off and one other day for conferences that week). Anyways, in looking back, the week that was blacked out also was leading up to the Wine & Dine Marathon, then would pick back up the Sunday when the weekend concludes - could it be it was blacked out for that reason? IF that is the case (MY OPINION HERE ONLY) then I would think the black out week would be the week beginning Sunday Oct. 30 with it picking back up Nov 6 but I could definitely be wrong.

last few years dates for FD:
2015:

August 28-October 2
October 25-31
November 8-19
December 15-21
Excluded Resorts:
All Star Movies (excluded after August 30)
Port Orleans French Quarter (excluded after August 30)
Port Orleans Riverside (excluded after October 2)
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows, Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard View Rooms, campsites and 3-bedroom villas all excluded
Requirements:
Addition of Park Hopper or Water Park & More

2014:

August 31 – October 3, 2014
October 26 – November 1, 2014
November 9 – 20, 2014
December 12 – 23, 2014

2013: (I only have the 2nd set of dates)
September 29 – October 2, 2013
October 18 – November 2, 2013
November 11 – 23, 2013
December 12 – 22, 2013

we are planning a trip for Nov 12-19 and hoping for Free Dining.

Last edited:
We've been going over everything and looking at past black out dates. We went the first week of November last year but checked in Oct. 30 so we qualified for the free dining. It may be just me, but I don't think the black out is actually a result of what every one is calling "Jersey week". (we pick that week because our kids had scheduled 2 days off and the same with this year - we have election day off and one other day for conferences that week). Anyways, in looking back, the week that was blacked out also was leading up to the Wine & Dine Marathon, then would pick back up the Sunday when the weekend concludes - could it be it was blacked out for that reason? IF that is the case (MY OPINION HERE ONLY) then I would think the black out week would be the week beginning Sunday Oct. 30 with it picking back up Nov 6 but I could definitely be wrong.
Great point!!! I was thinking the black out is due to Jersey week and would be Sun 11/6-Sat 11/12, but the marathon could also very well be the reason. I read that Pop & CBR were the resorts booking marathon packages, and if you check availability at CBR checking in 11/4 (weekend of marathon), only preferred rooms are available, with the other types (besides pirate rooms) showing no availability.

I totally agree. I was thinking the same week Oct 30-Nov5 would be the black out week. No availability that week but lots of availability the next week starting Nov. 6

I think Jersey Week is going to kill my chances for free dining. My kids and I have a 4-5 day weekend beginning Nov. 11 which also coincides with their off week between the end of volleyball/football seasons and the beginning of basketball season. Maybe I should be hoping for a good room discount instead.

I'm praying that bookings are low for all of fall and blackout dates are few. I mean, it has to be a little telling that a form of free dining was offered in the summer when it's historically a busy time and FD is never offered. The hard part in trying to guess when the blackout dates might be is that historically the week of the marathon is out. That leaves the following week open, but that is also Jersey week with Veterans Day falling on a Friday which, IMO, will bump up crowds. So would they need to offer it that week too? I don't know how that mouse thinks, but it's fun to sit here and wait with everyone together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter