Is there a Formal Night on 5 night Dream?

There is a night called "Dress-up Night" on the 5 night cruise. It is held on the sea day. So I guess that leaves it open to how formal you want to be.

It is held on the sea day.

Not according to what Disney is telling travel agents. Per an earlier thread --

For 5 Night Cruises departing on a Sunday:
Night 1- Cruise Casual
Night 2- Dress Up Night
Night 3- Pirate Night- Special Menu
Night 4- Cruise Casual
Night 5- Cruise Casual- Special Menu (this is still a ? but a good possibility)

Dining Room Rotations (Restaurants repeat 1&5 2&3)
1- AP, EG, EG, RP, AP
2- RP, AP, AP, EG, RP
3- EG, RP, RP, AP, EG

For 5 Night Cruises departing on a Tuesday:
Night 1- Cruise Casual
Night 2- Cruise Casual
Night 3- Dress Up Night
Night 4- Pirate Night- Special Menu
Night 5- Cruise Casual- Special Menu (this is still a ? but a good possibility)

Dining Room Rotations (Restaurants repeat 1&5 2&3)
1- RP, AP, EG, EG, RP
2- EG, RP, AP, AP, EG
3- AP, EG, RP, RP, AP

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2676898

The second night of the five day cruise departing Sunday is actually at Castaway Cay, not so weird.

Is dress up night the same as formal night? What do people normally wear for a dress up night?? any pics?!:goodvibes
Dress-up night and formal night are entirely different. Unfortunately, there's a lot of confusion between the two on this forum.

Formal night means a tuxedo or suit for men and a gown or dress for women -- or something in that spirit. It's even possible to arrange tuxedo rentals ahead of time. Not all passengers wear formal attire, but most do.

"Dress-up night" means a jacket for men and dress or pantsuit for women -- or something in that spirit. For many passengers, it simply means, "wear the nicest casual clothes that you packed." There's really no reason to pack a suit and tie. Tuxedo rentals are not available. A man who brings and wears a tuxedo would probably feel way over-dressed.

We're on a 5 night in June and I was surprised that we received an email about tux rental. We were not interested, but it made me think that "dress-up night" might be dressier than I thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter