Is there a Disney photographer at Tusker house character lunch?

Aggie89

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking about pre-ordering Photopass Plus. I called them to ask about the restaurants and they said that photos at any restaurant that had a photographer were included in the package. Just curious if there was one at Tusker House for lunch as well. I saw somewhere where it said breakfast only, but can't find that thread now.

:confused3

I'm thinking about pre-ordering Photopass Plus. I called them to ask about the restaurants and they said that photos at any restaurant that had a photographer were included in the package. Just curious if there was one at Tusker House for lunch as well. I saw somewhere where it said breakfast only, but can't find that thread now.

:confused3

Last time I was at Tusker House back in Nov they didn't have characters at lunch - just breakfast. I've been off the boards for a bit, so if that's changed I'm not aware. Last I knew they had a Nemo Show seating deal for eating there at lunch (sorta like a Fantasmic dining package). HTH!

Yes, they take your picture with Donald before you eat just like at breakfast. At least they did when we had lunch there in May.

Yes, they take your picture with Donald before you eat just like at breakfast. At least they did when we had lunch there in May.

I concur...they have you line up and take a photo with Donald prior to breakfast.

1) Yes, PhotoPass is at Tusker for breakfast and lunch. *
2) RED PhotoPass Card
. . . you present the "RED" card before seeing Donald
. . . the photo is automatically put on the Photopass
2) OTHER (BLUE, etc) PhotoPass Cards
. . . you present this only after the photo is taken
. . . you are shown the photos at the table
. . . you can then decide to buy or not

* There are characters at breakfast and lunch, but not dinner. Donald
is ONLY outside and does not circulate within the eatery. This way, people
buy the photos more than if he circulated.

So, there is only one picture with Donald on the card? The website makes it sound like the photographers will take your pic with every character. :lmao:
Not sure if we need to eat there instead of Flame Tree for one pic. :scratchin

Guess it's the same at Ohana. Was DS' fave character meal last time because Mickey wrote in his autograph book how Stitch toilet papered the castle the night before and was not a good alien....so we have to do that one regardless of photopass. Still leaning towards photopass + because of the ride pics now instead of the character meal pics!

:upsidedow

So, there is only one picture with Donald on the card? The website makes it sound like the photographers will take your pic with every character. :lmao:
Not sure if we need to eat there instead of Flame Tree for one pic. :scratchin

Guess it's the same at Ohana. Was DS' fave character meal last time because Mickey wrote in his autograph book how Stitch toilet papered the castle the night before and was not a good alien....so we have to do that one regardless of photopass. Still leaning towards photopass + because of the ride pics now instead of the character meal pics!

:upsidedow

Nope photopass does not follow the characters table to table

Awww. Wishful thinking. Tusker House has good reviews for lunch. We may try it anyway. :thumbsup2

Awww. Wishful thinking. Tusker House has good reviews for lunch. We may try it anyway. :thumbsup2

Our Ratings of Tusker House Lunch Buffet: (5/22/2012)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: A
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: A (probably best of all character meals)

NOTE: The lunch buffet is reasonably priced for a Disney
park eatery. Although the selection could be more varied, there
are menu items for most tastes. Although highly Americanized,
the dishes do have an African flair. Lunch is always crowded due
to folks wanting to get out of the heat, and then loitering at their
table after eating. Not atypical for ADR's to run 30-45 mins late.
Lunch is great for character inteaction. Also, there are at least
four-to-five really good vegetarian options on the buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter